Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Nothing to Fear!

Just to let you know the fast went great. The reason I am sharing this with you is because I was really afraid to fast. I didn't think I could last very long without food and I was sure I would fail and then what message would that send to God...

BUT all is well! It was a modified fast- we only went to 2:00. I didn't get really hungry until 1:50! Yes, we could have done it longer but it was good and it was successful. 

Thank you so much to the friends that fasted with me! There were 7 of us all together! 

So if you are like me and afraid to do it- don't worry, give it a try, God is not looking for you to fail. He wants you to be successful, if something happens where it just doesn't work out that day- I got a feeling he will understand. I did "set up" the day where I did not have to feed the kids and the temptations where low. I had a sitter for a few hours- that enabled me to get away and focus on prayer. I kept thinking of where I should go for lunch and then I'd remember- oh yea, I can't do that!

I will definitely fast again.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Mountains have to move when we pray and I truly believe that yesterday's day of prayer and fasting resulted in some movin'!

Lori said...

Oh and I meant to say that I prayed over each of the prayers requests with fervor and I look forward to what the Lord is going to do in each of our lives and situations.

All glory to Him!

Faye Verquer said...

I have to agree, I prayed long and hard...never have done that before! I am ashamed to admit to that, however with 5 busy kids and I babysit as well it is hard. I was having lunch with my daughter at school at 11:30 so I could only fast from 5am-11:40. I had a very small salad! I did however decide I was going to repeat that today and will fully fast until 2pm today. I have prayed over our list of friends much of the day and have really felt something moving inside of me. I pray its going to be something great and wonderful for each of us. May God bless you all.

Faye

Terry said...

I pray the Lord bless you for your sacrifice and obedience. We've also done a Daniels fast and have always been blessed beyond measure.

If interested you can look it up online to give the details on where it comes from in the Bible and what exactly you can eat. Even the kids can do it since it's really healthy eating...