Saturday, June 13, 2009

$100 at Walmart! Except for me it's Target!

Go to
Joy Unspeakable and read the question- "What would you do with an extra $100 dollars at Walmart?"

I would take my $100 and leave Walmart and head to Target. Target is much closer to home. Walmart is not as popular in the upper midwest. Probably because Target orginated here. I also like to shop close to home and where I know the store- more efficient! Okay on with the fun! First I get what we need. We refer to them at Target supplies- toilet paper, storage bags, toothpaste, light bulbs, laundry detergent and softener. I love to have what I need at home so things run smoothly and I actually like doing laundry (while listening to christian rock and roll) l! Yes I am having fun!! Now lets pretend we already have our T supplies-this $100 is extra and I get to buy what I want- yippee! I love office/school supplies! Storage containers are high on the list but just so you don't get the wrong idea they usually sit empty because I am a wanna be organized person- yes a fake. It just doesn't come natural and I so wish it would. I love seeing other peoples organized spaces!

Now I may venture over to crafty area- because I also wish I was crafty but I know the kids and I would have fun with what ever we get! The area that I love the most are the children's books. This is my downfall. They are all so good, so cute, so refreshing- simple with a good message- that's what I love! (We are now visiting the library regularly so I don't love it too much- know what I mean!)

Okay now I got to get out of there quick! I'm feeling like I have spent too much time in the store. I've got other things to do!

Thanks for the fun Lori!


Lori said...

Ha!! Not only have you spent too much time in the store...I think you spent more than $100! LOL

I like Target way more than WM also...but WM is a tad closer & a tad cheaper. But there are some things that I ONLY buy at the chic, Target.

Hezra said...

ha ha, yes you spent WAY too much money. I know because I have the same addictions. School supplies can be a whole 100 ...(why do I feel like I am buying new boxes of crayons and pencils every month?) Then the storage. lol My friend tells me I am addicted to containers. I think maybe I am. But like you, I have a lot of them sitting around. And I love my labeler. I can sit happily in a sort of euphoria, labeling things. My hubby ran the kids out one night because he was afraid mommy would start labeling them. I said, it is a well known FACT that children learning to read can be helped by seeing things labeled! I was tempted to put one saying"daddy" on his forehead in the night. ha! Show him. I have another strange addiction. Comfy bedding. I can feel and pet all the fuzzy, softy, fluffy stuff for HOURS. Satiny sheets, puffy comforters and fuzzy blankets are things that sing to my heart. Good music is always a must, but then a few CDs can add up fast too. hmm think I just spent around a 1000! ;-)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I love Target. Being a Canadian it is extra fun for me. No Target here.

Have a great weekend.