Monday, June 8, 2009

Confessions of a Mother-

Here are some random cute pics- the one of Sarah is from the spring.


Have you ever-

Stopped at a stop sign and waited for the light to change...

Hid the leftover chocolate cake...

Eaten your dish of ice cream in another room where no one can see you...

When asked "Mom, what do you have in your mouth? answered "nothing"...

Gotten all the kids in the car ready to go and then taken your time in the house slowly preparing to leave (just to have a moment to yourself)...

When asked "Mom, are you awake?" answered "No, I'm still sleeping!"

Change the dinner menu because you don't have the energy to wipe up the floor one more time...

Pretended you where taking the kids out to eat because they have behaved so wonderfully when really you can't imagine making another meal...

Ran into an old friend and when it came time to do the introductions you could only remember her children's names so you immediately switch to this is  Mrs._______...

Give your child a "time in" simply to give yourself a moment to think about how you should really handle the situation...

Walk into a room and forget what you went in there for... 

Once you leave the room you remember...

Well... welcome to the world of motherhood! I am sure you can think of many more examples! Feel free to share! I'd love to hear them!

6 comments:

Michele said...

I am just so glad to hear that I am not alone. I was really beginning to question my sanity.

Lori said...

Have you ever tore your purse apart looking for your phone...only to discover it is in your hand (yes, I did that the other day).

Have you ever tore your car apart looking for your sunglasses only to discover they are on your head.

Ok, I'll stop there....but we all know there are more.

I quickly discovered soon after giving birth twice that my brain left me...and putting together two dossiers completely put me over the edge.

I'm glad we are all playing the same game. We should get t-shirts or something.

Hezra said...

speaking of tee shirts. I saw one the other day that said, what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about. lol That is like motherhood. no? lol Glad to know I am not alone on the mommy island.(and that my kids actually might survive my half awake brain made descisions.

Laura L. said...

I hear you! Yes, I've done about 6 or 7 things that are on your list. :)
The one that scares me the most is stopping at the stop sign and waiting for the light to change. LOL! That's just scary.

Kaitlyn did something the other day that was totally spacey. I told her, "Oh my gosh, you just did a MOM!"

Lori said...

I say what's wrong with stopping for a little break at the stop sign? Sometimes you've gotta just slow down and enjoy the break when you can...is it alright to rest your eyes too?

Janet said...

yes, we call it "mommy brain". Here's one, I somehow put you in my favorites wrong, kept pulling up a post from last year. So duh--I thought you weren't posting much and had just switched over to the diaries blog. I do no know what I did wrong, but I linked to you about the Wal Mart post, and found that I have a little catching up to do reading about your sweet family, and new adventure!! Janet