Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Reminder-


Today in church I came to the realization that I have gotten off course. I have forgotten my purpose, my joy and my mission. I have allowed myself to be of the world and to get sidetracked. I have spent my time worrying about neighbors, over thinking parenting and grumbling to myself.

That is not my purpose, that is not my joy and that is not my mission. I have thought of my journey as being "done" after this adoption- that is wrong. That is what the world would expect and that is not accurate. No matter how many children join our family or not - I will never be done.

It is my dream, my passion and my life's work to care for the children in some capacity (until the day I die). My first choice would always be to have them in my home with me but if that cannot be- we will find another way, another home, somehow... I will never be done. Not as long as there is a child out there that needs a home.

The Lord spoke to my heart today and reminded me what I am doing and why I am doing this. My dream and my mission is to to serve the Lord and love the children. It felt so good to be rekindled, to be reminded and to be redirected! Thank you Jesus!

7 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Don't you just love it when the Lord whispers to our hearts and reminds us of where we're supposed to be?! You have a wonderful mission for your life, and your children are blessed to have a mom like you!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Sally- That Girl! said...

Oh our sweet Lord was speaking the same thoughts to us yesterday!!! With all that is going on with Bryson and my job I was a little overwhelmed and thinking maybe we were taking on too much and then I went to church and God reminded me of what is important and the gift he has given both Robert and I to love his fatherless children!!

I am so glad we were both listening yesterday!!!

Mom Of Many said...

Your heart is so precious sweet friend - Gracious I just love you!!

You and me, old & gray, loving the little ones that Jesus brings us....love it!! Just think, before long we can take the kids to a movie and get senior discounts...oh yeah, baby, now we're talkin'....

xo

Pam said...

I love your post. I also LOVE the photo of your precious girls. Beautiful.

Lori said...

That made me cry, Jean! I feel the same way.

Ok, here's what we'll do when we get old...
All us adoptive mamas and babas will just move into a retirement village and have a separate wing for all the children. It will be great fun!

Seriously...I just had the idea pop into my head that wouldn't it be super fun if a bunch of us blog moms went on a mission trip to Ch*na?! We could work in an orphanage for a week! Oh wow, that excites me!!

Janet and Kevin said...

Jean,

Good reminder in your post today. I tend to think in the here and now too. If we can just get Eli home, if we can just pay for his expenses, on and on.

But . . . God is right. We should never be "done" with helping the orphans of this world. It just may be in another capacity down the road.

Thanks
Hugs in Christ
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

a Tonggu Momma said...

I've always felt the most at peace with myself when I am doing what God has called me to do.