First of all IF you are trying to calls us- don't bother, we have 4 phones in this house and one of them is MIA. It just so happens that, that one is off the hook so to speak and therefor our line is not working. It's not all bad, it has been peaceful lately without the phone ringing!
I missed thankful Thursday but I had planned to post so here is my being thankful on a Friday post!
1. I am so so thankful to our Lord for his presence when our home schooling, older child adopting, Jesus loving, bloggy friend had some difficult times. The Lord was right there and thankfully it is all cleared up! Honestly that really weighed heavy on my mind this week- it feels good to have restored faith in the truth and what is good and right! All glory goes to God!
2. I am thankful for the nasal mists- the girls had it this morning in place of the flu shot- it is so easy and painless!
3. I am so thankful for Hubby doing much of the paperwork for our next adoption. Since it is the I-800A it totally confuses me but he just handles it all so well! I am especially thankful for his wonderful and excited attitude towards this adoption! It is so cool to see!
4. I am thankful that all our children are settled in- there are a few of them that aren't quite as happy as they could be but with time and prayer they will figure out what is right for them.
5. I am thankful that Kate is still in the running for the teaching job. I can really feel God's hand in this and either way it will work out as he has planned.
6. I am thankful that currently our older children are dating very nice people. It is such a blessing to not have to be overly worried about that!
7. I am thankful that HS has gone very well this week! We have a few adjustments to make but all is well- PTL!
8. After Tuesday being a bit of a hectic day and a few things weighing heavy on my mind it was so nice to receive a very kind note from a friend- what a day brightener! Thank you Sue!!
9. Last night as I was ready to call it a day I read my evening devotional and here is what it said-
Make it your ambition and definitely endeavor to live quietly and peacefully, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands.
1 Thessalonians 4:11
It was such a good reminder and so needed. I felt like he spoke straight to my heart. Thank you Jesus for your book and for your words of wisdom! Amen!
PS- Next post will have the caramel chocolate bar recipe in it!