Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday-September 24th!

The other evening was hairdo night! It feels so good when they comb my hair!  I love every minute of it!

And it was all so worth it! Look at my new "do"!!

God is so good and his blessings are so great!

I have been really focusing at giving my heart to God and not trying to control it myself. Lately a few things have weighed heavily on my mind. I have not let go of them but instead harbored unnecessary feelings. I need to cleanse myself and focus on God.  In some of the tough challenging situation I need to ask myself what would Jesus do? How would God want me to act and react?

I am very thankful for Gods presence. I am thankful he takes the burdens and allows me to move on.

I am so thankful that 24 years ago I had a precious little baby girl and we named her Kathryn Lee (Katie). She has been such a blessing and joy to all of us!

I am thankful that she has moved back to our hometown! I love having her here!

I am thankful that all the children are now content with where they are at whether it be school, new home, new temporary job. in their sports, etc.

I am thankful that families like Lynsay and Bill are serving the Lord and watching over these precious children. They give so much of themselves.  I am in awe of them and their hard work.

I am thankful for the wonderful families that are currently in China with their new children! I love following their journeys!!

I am thankful for how hard my hubby works and what a generous spirit he has!

I am thankful that hubby shares my passion and love for the orphans. 

I am thankful that he shares my dream to help the orphans. A dream that we hope to share with others in the future! I am thankful that God is guiding us and that because of our Lord a dream may become a reality!

I am thankful for our daughters in China and I deeply pray for our PA...


Joan said...

What a fun night! I bet the girls loved giving you a new do! :-)

Laura L. said...

I am thankful for you. :) You have such a sweet heart and spirit.

You look just like a school girl in these photos Jean! So cute! It's a good look for you. :) I dare you to come to playgroup like this sometime. LOL!

Hezra said...

Hee heeee hee, you look GOOD! How can you pull off having your hair done by children and then look so hot? It's a gift girl! My hubby gave me a head rub one night. I woke up the next morning feeling something was not right. lol I looked like Buckwheat had given hair tips to Bozo. It was INSANE and high, and I laughed so hard I cried. I went back to bed(early AM) and said, um, honey, what you have done to my hair ought to be a CRIME! I think I scared him. lolol

Mandi said...

LOVE the new "do." I cannot imagine what my girls would do to my hair if I let them do this. You much braver than I am.

BTW, love the new blog look, it is so fall.

I will be praying that you hear only good news from China very soon. I too am hoping to hear we have a LID soon.


Chris said...

I've never had the nerve to take pics of my 'do when the girls do it, hardly even have the nerve to look in the mirror!
Maybe your PA will come when ours does we are waiting 4 weeks

Janet said...

You look maaaahvelous!

Karen said...

I almost didn't recognize you:-) Love those special "hair do" times.

Adeye said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new hair-do :) Why pay to go to the hairdresser???

TanyaLea said...

Jean!...I LOVE this post!! The hair-do night totally reminds me of my childhood and of MY mom! She used to LOVE it when I did her hair, and there are a few photos of 'style night' fact... I think the outcome looked much like YOU!! ;) LOL! My mom STILL loves it when the grandkids do her hair...I have pictures of Breanna doing gramma's hair when she was little...and I'm guessing Khloe will be next in line! :)

Have a blessed weekend and know that I am THANKFUL to have met YOU!! :)

Blessings & Hugs!! <><

P.S.>>> I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your Kitchen!!! BEAUTIFUL home you have!

Janet and Kevin said...

Your thankful list could have been mine! I so agreed with everything you wrote. I am so thankful God has put my husband and me right in the middle of the miracle of adoption, even at our advanced ages! LOL!

Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

Suzette said...

My daughter also loves to fix my hair and I love it too. However, you are much more brave than I to post your beautiful pictures. My teenage boys made me promise not to embarrass them too much so I will refrain from posting them for now!

From the Erben Gang..... said...

I am so thankful to have found your blog (wrote on your other one!). You are such an inspiration! I hope to see you again soon! xxoo