Sunday, October 25, 2009

What? When? Where? WOW!

Katie and Hubby have planned a little get away for Katie and I. They surprised me Friday night with the idea- I was excited but reluctant. It all started when Katie got her job. She starts in a week so they thought it would be fun for us to get one last mother/daughter get away in before she's in the real working world.

I did think it sounded fun but it is very hard for me to leave the little girls. I really haven't left them except to go to China. I was thinking this whole thing would be too expensive and kind of figuring it wouldn't work out. Hubby went online for the plane tickets- Oh my, they were expensive- $1300 each- this was not meant to be! But, then hubby checked into using frequent flyer miles and low and behold for the minimum number of miles we could get 2 tickets for $10. Yes, you read that right $10... total! I couldn't say no at that point! So it is a go!!

Katie and I leave for Napa Valley early, early tomorrow morning!! I can't believe it!! Woo Hoo!!

We are coming home on Wednesday evening! 

I am the worse packer in the world and I cannot find my favorite sweatshirt. I never leave home without it. I am running in circles trying to get everything organized and of course trying to find my favorite sweatshirt- it can't be in this house, we have looked everywhere...

Hoping and praying all goes well at home and that the girls do okay! Most likely I am over valuing me- I am sure they will be fine.

I'll be sure to take some pics for blogging!! (I may bring my computer so you may hear from me while I am gone!)

Woo Hoo- off to finish packing. 


Adeye said...

What a special, special treat, my friend.

Have the BEST time--and take heaps of pics for us to see.

Don't worry about the girls--they'll be JUST fine without mommy for two days.

Lori said...

Oh that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! I hope you are taking your laptop...cause I could use a little Napa Valley vacation via your blog, if you don't mind. :)

Sally- That Girl! said...

Napa here I come too!!!!! Heck it will cost me more in gas to get there than you paid in airfare!!!

Can't wait!!!

Laura L. said...

What an awesome idea. I know it is hard for you to leave the little ones, but you do deserve a break, some time away. Enjoy and make some great memories together.

David and Sarah said...

How fun! Have a great time!


Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

I just found your blog through another adoption blog and just had to leave a comment. You have such a beautiful family. I love your commitment to China's special need children. My husband and I adopted our first SN daughter in Jan.09 and have since started the paperwork for our second. Adoption is truly a miracle. I can't wait to follow your journey back to China.
Many Blessings,

Nancy said...

What fun! Have a good time and a safe trip!

Janet and Kevin said...


Have a great time with your daughter. How sweet that they planned that trip for you both. We expect to hear all about it.

Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

Sue said...

Have a wonderful trip. I agree that it is hard to leave little ones, but what a way to have such Cherish time with another child. God Bless you and Katie.

TanyaLea said...

Napa Valley?!?! Oh how FUN!!!! :) What a special surprise!...getting away like that with your daughter is a priceless gift. Enjoy every moment of this time alone with her. May God richly bless you both and praying for safe and HEALTHY travels!! <><

love and hugs,

Karen said...

Have a great time!! Tell Sally "hi":-)

mom2eliza said...

Oh that sounds divine! Funny, Derek and I were just talking about Napa today over lunch and saying that we'd really like to go back there again and then I read your post. Cool. I sent you 2 pictures of 1 of your daughter's in Guilin; they were in Ava's collection of photos take by her foster mom. The e-mail explains each picture. Have a great trip!