Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Think I'll Eat Some Worms...

You are cordially invited to my pity party! If I were you, I wouldn't accept the invitation!

Nothing bad is going on, nothing is wrong, it was just one of those days. Maybe it was the lack of sunshine, I don't know but it was just one of those days... ya know?

One of those days that

I just didn't rally for...

That I think my student may have thought her teacher was terribly uninteresting...

That my youngest student had her whine down to perfection...

That I needed some fabulous dessert but didn't know what that would be...

That we were running low on milk...

That I know I am way behind on my  Bible study and just can't find the moment or the motivation to get going on it...

That I am just not so sure about our busy schedule... again...

That the thought of Christmas shopping is driving me crazy... even on line shopping is driving me crazy.

One of the dogs threw up... I don't know which one it was... The one that did it should not eat for 24 hours... so now they are both hungry... and barking... a lot...

And last but not least... I was taking a cookie sheet out of the hot, hot oven and there was a hole in my oven mitt. Can you believe it? Right where the thumb meets the palm, ouch! Yes, I did burn myself, yes, it does hurt and yes, I have ice on it. Oh grrrrr... One of my big boys decided I needed a hug! Thanks Mark!

Have ya ever had a day like this? Nothing is really wrong BUT if ya look hard enough you can find it?

I promised myself if I didn't have something nice to say I would say nothing at all, in other words do not post on days like today. Oops!

There are a bunch of good things going on today, too but they just didn't fit with the theme of my pity party post! I guarantee my next post will be a happier one! For tonight I think I'll go to be early! ;-)

Well, actually, I think I'll try to do some Bible Study then go to bed!

EDIT- Just want you to know I'm doing my Bible Study and already feeling better! I am no longer planning to eat worms!! My burn is also feeling better and the evil hot mitt is in the garbage!!


11 comments:

Miss M said...

what's even worse is that your dear sweet daughter tried to call you many times after work today and she woulda cheered you up, but she couldn't get through!! tear, it was sad.

Don't worry though ma, I also had a day kinda like that. Wasn't NEARLY as rough, but I just kept telling myself throughout the day--today was a day I get to leave RIGHT when the contract hours end. haha. love you ma!

Stefanie said...

Oh, Jean! I've had a few days like that recently... I am so glad to hear you're feeling better! I think sometimes just getting it out is half the battle ;)
I think that Bible Study and spending time with Him will go a long way in making today a MUCH better day :)

Sue said...

Thank you for allowing me to join your pity party and hope by writing it all down, you feel better now. We have all had blah days. Hugs

Lori said...

Oh sweet, sweet friend...I've had days EXACTLY like that too!!! It's that stupid enemy trying to get you down!

Today WILL be better! I will be praying for you, OK?!!

Jboo said...

Ditto! Had a day like that yesterday myself! But today is a new day, hope we both have better days! Hang in there! :)

Janet

Adeye said...

Oh my dear friend. I LOVE your honesty. FEAR NOT---you are not alone!!! Been there, done that. Too many times. I too allow the weight of the world to get on top on me. Somehow on freezing cold, gloomy days, it just feels worse.

Today is a new day, and I pray you're feeling soooooo much better!

Chris said...

Jean, I had that same day except it was dog pee instead of vomit. I guess those days make us appreciate uneventful days more.

Chris said...

my day started at 2AM w/ little-one-who-drank-too-much-water-before-bed calling me and needing to change bed, wash big sister and little sister, new jammies and back to bed for them. Came down to fill the washer. Walked around the table to get a drink and found a deposit from our one and only dog. I DID let her out before bed. YUCK!
The rest of the day since 5:20 is better, but definitely gray.
Tomorrow will be better. No water after 8pm :^)

Hezra said...

awww, poor poor Jean.... I am sending you a cyber hug ((((hug)))).
And I am SO joining your pity party too. (cause that is what friends are for of course) I have a friend who says she sets a timer. The whiner timer. She whines solid for that time. lol THEN she is done. She swears usually she can't actually keep the whine going that long(15 minutes comeon!! Maybe she is a light weight or a true optimist, I dunno) So maybe we should set the timer on ourselves. Whine. Then cry. Then hug. Then have a hot English toffee coffee... Know you are loved. :0)

quilt-n-mama said...

I have had a few of those days lately too! I think Satan knows I am trying so hard to grow in Him and he is working overtime to fight back! Ugh!We have had some rough school days lately too! I'm glad your day got better and I pray you were greatly encouraged by your time with the Lord!
Blessings,
Gayly

Chasity said...

Oh, Jean, I have been having those days, more often then not...just can't quite figure it out. Although I'm searching for a bible study group, I know that is what my spirit needs. I have a MOPS group I attend, but don't always get the spiritual needs my soul desires. I wish I had your ability to put it into words, although it was a tough day, you brought a smile to my heart with yoru cute humor. Many blessings coming your way.