Friday, January 22, 2010

A Little Excitement in the Middle of the Night!

The fire alarms in the building went off last night around midnight. Hubby and I where just heading to bed. It usually isn't anything serious but we are on the 18 floor so that meant we had to carry the girls down... you guessed it 18 flights. My calves are feeling it today!

It turned out to be an electrical problem nothing serious so after a half hour outside we all returned to our homes.

Many people just stayed in their homes and watched from the balconies. That's not an option for us being on the 18 floor! If it is was for real we would have had no quick way out of there!


I'm sorry I have to laugh a little- look how old the fireman is! The average age is about 60 yrs old. Wow, do I feel young!!


Of course after this the girls where scared and we slept 4 in the bed! Don't ask how today is going. Some of us didn't sleep well... It's not the beauty sleep I care about it the "I need to sleep to be a nice person the next day" kind, that I care about!

14 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gracious, that's way more excitement than I would ever need. And the kind of sleep you need, is EXACTLY the kind of sleep I need as well. Who cares about beauty...it's the grumpiness I need to avoid!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, no! We've had that happen, but not with little ones in tow - it is NOT fun... I cannot imagine having the Tongginator with me. Hope y'all get some much needed rest.

Karin said...

Oh man...I can't function without sleep. I feel like I'm dying and get very grumpy. I hope you are able to get to sleep early tonight and make up for what you lost.

Angie said...

No way! Are you seriously on Marco Island in FL?? That is one of our favorite vacation destinations! We used to rent a condo at the far end of the beach where the four tall towers are, and then walk down to the Marriott for icecream (& a swim in their pool! Shhh!). And there was a great Italian restaurant...Joey's, I think? Sigh...

Shonni said...

How exciting!
And I agree with the beauty sleep..."I am more beautiful if I am rested and calm." LOL

Angie said...

Oh, you're making me homesick for Marco! No, we won't be going this year. We're saving up for another adoption! Enjoy a dinner at Joey's for me, OK?

Mandi said...

WOW, so glad to hear it was just an electrical problem and nothing serious.

I must say that of all the pictures of the girls I believe the very last one is my favorite. It tells such a story. Simply Precious.

Sue said...

That had to be scary for all of you guys especially the girls. And you remember the most important thing....the camera...I hope you got some much need rest...w

Laura L. said...

I wouldn't have enjoyed all of that excitement when I should be sleeping. I hope you all had a much quieter night last night.
I bet you grabbed that camera, even before you grabbed your purse. LOL. Sign of a true blogger.
Love how the firemen looked all cool in their reflective gear.

Suzette said...

So glad to know all is safe and no one was injured. Talk about a work out! Praise God for His hand of protection upon your family!

AndrewDietz said...

困難的不在於新概念,而在於逃避舊有的概念。.........................

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy adventure.

Okay---so are you seriously at the BEACH again????? Noooooo....maybe you shouldn't answer that :):)

The Heald Family said...

What an exciting night - sorry:( sarah looks so sad.
My parents are in Marco right now renting a house from VRBO that is so so they said. Wish I was with y'all! It is cold for us here and poured rain all weekend so we are trying to dry out today. Thanks for sharing about living our days joyfully - I needed that after a difficult weekend!
love you.cathy

soontobemomof9 said...

Oh wow! I bet it was hard to sleep after that, for both you and the girls!

Praising God it was not a big deal! I can not believe the average age is 60! LOL