Monday, January 25, 2010

News Flash!

There is no August... it does not exist! Yep that's right!

Ya know, I have said, in my oh so gentle way, that our little Sarah has a strong personality. I know most of you probably have responded- ya, ya, ya!

Today Miss Sarah was going through the months and then paused at the month of August... She wanted to say October but her loving Mama decided to help her out and whispered August into her ear.

Her response was... "WHAT, there is no August!"

I held back my smile and said "Really? What a bummer? You just made summer shorter than it already is!" Our poor Auntie Kathy no longer has a birthday!

That is just one tiny example- it happens at least 3 times each school day! NOW, do ya wanna pray for me!

And oh, by the way 11-7 does not equal 4!

I am guessin right about now ya'all are on your knees prayin for me!


I appreciate it!


TanyaLea said...

Happy to pray for you!! ...but I have to admit, I got a good chuckle out of this, too. Somethin' about that stubborn streak makes me laugh just a little. Maybe I see some of myself in her! ;) LOL!!

Truly she is such a beautiful girl! The photos are great and I love her fancy pigtails! :)


Lori said...

Jean, I know that is so frustrating...but golly gee, does it ever make a funny blog post!

Seriously though, Lucy is EXACTLY that way. Wow, is my girl strong-willed and when she gets her mind set on something, forget it...there's no changing it. I simply *can't wait* to homeschool her. Lord have mercy.

Adeye said...

I just had to chuckle!!! What a precious, precious treasure you have been blessed with :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

I feel your pain. Seriously. How do you think the Tongginator earned her nickname? And yes, I prayed.

Hezra said...

Ha Jean! I can top it, I have THREE kids like that. out of FIVE!!(and 5-3 only equals 2 that are nice students) My 2nd born at age 3 and a half when we began the ABCs, was my first example. I was showing him flashcards. A- apple, B-ball,C-cat, D-doll... "mama that is not a doll it is a girl. Guh, GIRL. " No, it is a D and it says DOLL.(this goes back and forth with each of us becoming more adament) Finally he says, "mama how bout you call it what you wanna call it, and I will call it what I wanna call it?" I said, "hmm, how about you go play outside, schools over for yyou today" Mama had a cup of coffee and considered taking up smoking AND enrolling him in public school. lol and there are only about 100 such stories now. all the way up to a few weeks ago, when one kid (12)tells me the math book is wrong and his answer is right. yeahhh. see?? I need prayer too!!

Karin said...

hahaha...send her to my house because I probably wouldn't notice that 11-7 doesn't equal 4. :)

Those same type of kids in public school (mine) will lose their homework and claim that the teacher lost it. Did you know that the same teacher can 'lose' homework three times a week?? Okaaay....

Karen said...

Too funny! I have one of those too. Did you know that o-n-e does not spell "one"? It's challenges like this that keep me young:-) Praying for you.

Angie said...

Our homeschool kids sure do keep us on our toes, don't they? Actually, I stopped mid post to be sure that 11-7 really did equal 4. Perhaps I need the prayers...or better yet, my kids?