Saturday, March 20, 2010

Perspective!

Emma Joy

Ella Mei


Hubby and I have been trying to imagine our new daughters. When we look at the pictures it seems like they are growing up without us. I would guess they are about 5 ft tall and weigh more than they actually do. Their faces have seem older, they are losing the little girl look. I have their measurements but just have not been able to put it into perspective.

That was until the other night! We had our FCC group over for a play date. One of the girls is exactly the same size as Ellie. It was so good to see Rose and realize that our daughters are still little girls. They have not grown up without us but we still need to get them home ASAP!

Of course now I can't stop myself and I am asking all the parents- "How tall is your daughter? How much does she weigh?" Yes I know- I've become a little nosy lately!

At dance class their were two girls again the same size as Emma and Ellie - all I can do at this point is to dream...

I can hardly wait to see them in person! I have been doing a little shopping for them. Many of the clothes I've bought them are matching. The have been dressed alike in many of the pics I have received. Since they are doing that now I will continue- I am just hoping to avoid clothes issues- if that if possible. I am guessing once they are home and comfortable they will not dress a like.

It is so cute because Sarah is helping me pick things out and of course she will also be dressed similar to them- our summer pics should be interesting! Even Anna is getting into it!! All 4 will have matching skirts and shirts and PJ's!

11 comments:

Jerry and Christy said...

Jean,
They may like to dress alike. My two daughters love to dress alike. We have had our youngest for a year and a half and they still love to dress alike. They are often disappointed if there isn't anything matching that is clean to wear. I never thought it would last this long. I am making them matching dresses for Easter and they are so excited.
Can't wait to see the four girls all in matching outfits.
Christy

Angie said...

The closer it gets, the harder it is to wait, isn't it? But they will join your family at the exact time God chose before Creation...isn't that cool that He has it all figured out for us?? Now I just have to remember this bit of info. as we wait for our little girl...sigh...

Pam said...

Jean, I do the same thing. I look at 10 year old girls all the time wondering, "Is this how big Grace is? Is she her size?" The wait it getting harder and harder, the closer we get.

Lori said...

The size thing drove me crazy too...trying to figure out just exactly how big Macy was! Turns out that I feel like a giant next to her (and I'm only 5'4"!)...she's really tiny for a 14 year old.

Anyway, it sounds like you've got a good grasp on their sizes. It's so fun to buy clothes, isn't it?!!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

I love matching my children at least sometimes. I like it because it says we are a family, a team, we belong together :) Some people may be embarrassed, he he he- I don't care.

Praying you can go get them SOON!!!!!!!!

From the Erben Gang..... said...

They are so cute! I can't wait to see photos of all the girls together~I can't imagine how you feel.

Mary Kate said...

I love the thought that Emma and Ellie will be dressed alike, all the pictures of them in China, they have been dressed alike, which BTW seems unusual for China...usally the kids seem a little mismatched, by that I mean, boys wearing girls clothes, ect...I think it will probally be fun for all your girls to be dressed alike...I do the same thing with Shasha's height and weight, in fact I have found myself asking random girls at school in fourth grade, how tall they are (I am a teacher)...I hope they do not think that Mrs. K is a little weird!!!!

David and Sarah said...

SOON you will not have to imagine what they look like and act like. They will be HOME. I can't wait! (And I imagine that you are even a bit more eager for that day than I am!!)

Blessings,
Sarah

soontobemomof9 said...

The girls look GREAT! You are in the final stretch!!! SO CLOSE! Praise God! :) We may be bringing girls home at the same time! Although I am praying for a quicker date.

I do the same thing... even though I have visited them, I still think of them as bigger than they are. After all I am not with them, ... they must be so much bigger and further along then 2 months ago when I visited them. I know that isn't so... but it is hard to feel differently!

Adeye said...

Those pics are absolutely FABULOUS my friend. What little princesses the Father has blessed you with.

Not too much longer to wait. You are so close.

Sally- That Girl! said...

So fun to see those pictures and know that they are BOTH yours!!!!!!

Hurry up LOA tomorrow!!!!!