Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Plea for Prayer!!

Dear Friends,
Our family is being attacked by the opposition. I kid you not, we desperately need your prayers. Please, please friends gather around and pray for our family. Encircle us with your prayers. Ask our heavenly father to chase away the opposition and to build a fortress of love and grace round us.

I am in tears and on my knees praying for protection from Satan and I do mean Satan...

I am so upset I can hardly type but I will try to explain... please be patient with me if my story is rambling or in bits and pieces...

We try every day to do good, to work hard, to joyfully care for our family and be kind to others, to love the Lord and serve the Lord. Hubby and I get along with everybody, that is one of the reasons why this feels so odd to us. We are so thankful for the simpleness in our life and wish to keep it this way- please help us with your prayers first then your advice... we so appreciate you!

Today my husband went to our neighbors house and told her that we plan to care for the pond this year. It is in front of her house but it is our property. We have had a few issues lately and just felt it was time to take care of what is ours. Our neighbor has

buried high voltage lines on it which if anyone is electrocuted it is our fault
she has completely landscaped it even though it is not her property
she swears at us and slams the door on our face if we mention that a shrub needs to come down because it hides the children from the cars going down the driveway. We want to protect the children.
She has told her handyman, who told us, that she is trying to take it over by imminent domaine...

For these reasons we feel it is our responsibility to take care of our own yard. We feel it is reasonable and the responsible thing to do...

My husband went over there to let her know that we will be taking care of the property from now on.
Soon after that we had window peepers (this is not the first time). We told her child and friend that it was against the law and they needed to go home now. It made me feel vulnerable and weird knowing someone was looking in our windows watching us as we made dinner...

Then we got a phone call from an irate ex husband. It was not a friendly call and was filled with swear words and threats. Scary threats, really scary threats- threats that were not true about us and threats of what she/they would do to us. And then he told us they have already had us investigated...

and they know about our financial problems from the past. I have to be honest with you- we have never kept that a secret but we have also never shared it with them...

(we share it with others, if we think it may help them)

I don't know if your stomach is turning but mine is...

The ex husband hung up on my hubby leaving him with the words- "she will make your life a living h___..." My husband looked at me and said your hunch was right she is worse than I thought.

At first I felt the fire rise in my soul. Do not threaten us. I knew I could count on you to flood the gates of heaven with prayer. I knew GOOD would win over evil.

But God sent me an angel at just the right time- his timing, his perfect timing... only God!

She told me to retreat, that Satan would enjoy bringing us down and that GOOD would prevail but is the cost of a fight too high. Yes, the cost of a fight would be too high...

Dear friends, I am so grateful to God. The message was heard loud and clear. Getting entangled with evil is much to high a price. God will deal with this person in his own way.

We decided quickly to "retreat into the arms of our Lord". My husband tried to go over to the house (the ex was over there now) and tell them she can care for it as long as we live here but they did not answer the door. That was probably a good thing, for I did fear for his safety. Instead he left a message on her phone and his cell phone.

We need your prayers dear friends- honestly we have seen the damage an angry meter maid can do. We have seen this type of anger before and after trying to fight for what is right and good we turned to our Lord and gave it to him. We vowed to spend each day doing something good and praising our Lord. We decided to turn away from fighting evil and cling to our God, cling to what is good and right.

Tonight we did that but we are still in danger. This person is unstable and we need your heavenly prayers to surround our home and protect us.

She has haunted us all last summer with threats and calls to the city for unsubstantial reasons.
(like having 3 dogs, putting in a basketball hoop and having a portion of our yard unsodded)

It may seem petty but it is not- we are being attacked by the opposition and we so humbly ask you to pray for us.

I do not cry easily but tonight has brought many tears...




26 comments:

Suzette said...

No advice here, but prayers coming your way. Our God is mighty powerful and I pray He will tear down any walls of hostility, and replace anything evil with His peace! May it be SO obvious that HE is in control and fighting for your family in a powerful way! I am asking that HIS name be glorified and your family be protected from any evil influence. HE WILL BE GLORIFIED and will catch every tear you shed in His bottle.

McNew Family said...

Gracious - that is horrid - my prayers are lifted in earnest to protect you and show you His path of action.

Sally- That Girl! said...

I can feel the anxiety throughout your post! I think your angel knew evil when she heard it, knew the battle would never be won except by giving it to God.

I pray for that hedge of protection around your home, your family and your precious hearts. I am so sorry you have to endure this when you should just be celebrating LOA!

I love you!!!

Hezra said...

Oh, sweet friend, I am praying for you now. For safety and peace. ((hugs))

Lori said...

Oh Jean, that is terrifying. I will begin praying right now.

TanyaLea said...

Oh Jean~

I had no idea when I emailed you earlier tonight that you were dealing with something so much bigger...so heavy. I'm SO sorry! Please know that you are in my prayers. Our family will be praying FERVENTLY for you! I pray that our Father surrounds you, your property, your home, your family and your children in His mighty hedge of protection. That NO weapons that are fashioned against you will prosper, IN JESUS' name, and that any that rise up against you will fall! Continue to remind Satan that he is UNDER your feet and that he CANNOT steal your joy, your security, your finances or your peace! That GREATer is Jesus in YOU, that Satan in this world. You have authority over him as a child of the Most High King, and know that your brothers and sisters in Christ are standing on these truths with you! It's just another of Satan's tactics to try and steal from you all that is rightfully your's in Christ...from your peace to your finances that you use to grow His kingdom and bring home your children. But they are just that...tactics. And he cannot steal them from you, in Jesus' name! Remember that the Word says, "as far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men" I think you are doing the right thing. Of course my first insticts were of anger and to fight back, as well. But I'm so grateful for wisdom and a peace from God that surpasses all understanding.

Wrapping you in love and prayers! Hang in there and let us know if there's anything we can do to help. We will keep praying!! <><

love you,
~Tanya

Sue said...

I am so sorry Jean, I will pray that you guys are protected and not feel threaten. I don't know about your past finanical problems that you stated, but how did they find out about it? And why did they have you investigate? Maybe you need to get some waiver or something with the pond, since it is on your property. I would hate for "something" happen and they come after you. God is great and will protect you. HUGS

Shonni said...

Good grief, it is always hard to believe how hateful people can be! I am praying for you and keep it up all day. I am so sorry.
Hugs and loves from Colorado,
Shonni

The Heald Family said...

I am praying for you!!!! I am praying for your protection and that the Lord will work in her heart to soften it towards y'all. I am so sorry you are going through this. Much love to you....Cathy

Lisa said...

Jean,

I will be in prayer for you and your family for protection and peace.

Lisa

Dawn said...

It is crazy what the enemy tries tries to do when he is angered about adoptive parents saving GODS little ones!! PRAYING !!!

GOD HAS ALREADY WON THE BATTLE FOR YOU!

Dawn

Chad and Kristy said...

Oh Jean, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your family are such remarkable people. I can't understand how anyone could harbor ill feelings towards you:) You are such an inspiration to me. You have taught me so much just through the way you live your life. It saddens me and makes me wonder what this lady has been through in her life to act out in this way. I lift you and your family up in prayer as well as this family. It seems through their actions that they are missing Christ and I pray that they will see Him through you and be saved.

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, friend, people just never cease to amaze me. SATAN is messing with the WRONG family! Resit the enemy and he WILL flee from you. He has to. He has no right to mess with the Lord's beloved.

Thank you for sharing your burdened heart. Please know that I am standing with you and trusting for a hedge of protection around your heart, and your home.

He is able, sweet friend!!!!!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

Dear God we pray a hedge of safety, peace, and love from YOU ALONE be around this wonderful family. That you would comfort them and fight this battle for them. That you would allow them to concentrate on their family! On the needs of each other. Lord we just pray in your precious name that they would be set free from this horrible situation. That you would provide a SAFE way for them to stand as a family for you! AMEN!!!!

Serving the King said...

Praying for you right now!! We will all be standing with you through our prayers beseeching the Lord of lord's, the King of king's to surround and envelope you in His mighty arms. That you may feel His peace alone through this and that you may always remember that He is waaayyyy bigger than any of these hurtful people. Peace be with you!

Mandi said...

I don't really have any advice, but I totally know where you are coming from although our neighbor doens't sound as psychotic as yours.

You are right though, you CANNOT let the enemy win. You can definitely count on prayers from me.

Hugs
Mandi

Chris said...

Jean,
I don't know what to say to you except that God has you in his hand and I will be praying for you, along with all these other Christian sisters.

Chad and Kristy said...

My MIL sent me this scripture this morning and I thought of you.

Ephesians 6:10-19

Karen said...

Praying for you my friend. Praying for your safety and peace. And I'm throwing in a prayer that they will move:-)

Cari said...

Hi Jean,

I read your post earlier today and then this afternoon I prayed for your situation right before I read my bible. When I read the passage that I was on, I felt like I just had to share a few verses with you:

Luke 10:18-20
And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall be any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."


I hope that encourages you!

David and Sarah said...

I am so sorry! I will be praying.

Blessings,
Sarah

Jboo said...

Oh Jean -- I am so sorry! Will definitely be praying for you. Take care.

Janet

Janet and Kevin said...

Jean...we are praying!

Motherbird said...

Jean,

Praying for you and your family as well as your neighbors. This is terrible, but we know our gracious Lord will work His ways and have good come out of this. I felt your emotion reading your post. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Sheri

Mary Kate said...

First we are sying prayers for you...Her anger is most likely jelousy of a happy family, wonderful children and a great marriage...this is a really sad story, can you get a restraing order or contact the local media to see if they have any unique ideas to help you stop the harrassment...I am so sorry, it must be an awful feeling to be fearful in your own home...((HUGS))
Please keep your bloggy friends posted, we all care so much for you and your family...

Chris said...

Well, I'm way behind here, but I can still pray...does not sound like a nice neighbor (understatement)