Saturday, April 10, 2010

Holy Buckets!



Are you sitting down? I just have to share my good news with you! TODAY we received our NVC letters!! Wooo hoooo!! That means (I think) that our I800 approval has been forwarded to the US consulate in GZ as of April 7th!! I was told that we may not get this letter for 2-4 weeks! We got it in one week! I know, I know, we will probably slow down in some other area but for now I'm doing the happy dance!

I have no idea what article 5 is but I think that is next! Is there anyone out there that can tell me? Then it's our TA!! Anyone want to venture a guess on how long it will take from NVC letter to TA?

Oh my, oh my am I excited!! Oh my, oh my do I have a lot to do!! I still have time! It's not like I'm leaving on Wednesday- right Mandi!!

Yesterday we did the necessary paperwork and pics for Sarah and Anna's passports. They should be here by the end of this month!!

Things are moving along sweet girls! You will be home soon! Their birthdays are in July! It looks like we will be celebrating it with them! We are thinking of bikes and scooters!

I wonder how this will be different from Sarah's adoption. She came from an orphanage, she was stubborn but couldn't resist the love of a forever family. Emma and Ellie are coming from a foster home. It will be different for them- it will be very sad for them to leave their dear foster Mom and Dad that took care of them for 3 years. I am sure they will be grieving heavily. Because of their experiences they should have a better understanding of what it means to be in a family. We will see! So excited to see the story unfold! Such a blessing to be bringing them home! Thank you Jesus!

Sweet girls, your Momma and Babba pray for you everyday!

23 comments:

Laura L. said...

Congratulations to you guys! I know you must be so excited. I'm happy that you're one step closer to your girls.
They WILL be home before you know it.Here is a virtual High Five!

David and Sarah said...

Hooray! One big step closer to those precious girls.

Blessings,
Sarah

Janet and Kevin said...

Getting more exciting all the time!! Whoo-hoo! Can hardly wait to see your daughters' Gotcha Day with their forever family.

Hugs,
Janet and gang

Difference2This1 said...

Wow!!!! What great news!! I don't know what an Article 5 is either...but I bet I'll be pretty happy to gets ours someday also :)

Hezra said...

oooh happy dancing for you, girl!!

Sue said...

Amazing God....Happy dancing here.....hugs to you

nikimac said...

We just received our TA and will travel May 6th......could see you in China!!

Lori said...

If I remember correctly, Article 5 (whatever that is) will be picked up from the Consulate by someone from your agency and sent to CCAA. THEN, CCAA will issue your TA...but that doesn't necessarily happen quickly. I mean, it won't take too long but you may still be looking at a couple weeks before you get TA (AFTER Article 5 is picked up. Oh and our Article 5 sat at the consulate for quite a while). But actually, I can't remember exactly how long all that took us. Am I making any sense at all? I didn't think so.

Bottom line...You are getting really close!! A May travel date is looking likely for you!

Get busy, girl! :)

Angie said...

Yeah, God! Won't it be awesome to spend their birthdays with them?? It shouldn't take the US long to issue the Article 5 (it really only takes a day for them to look everything over, after all, everything has already been approved here in the US!), but sometimes it can sit on someone's desk...been there!! Praying it moves quickly! And I bet the girls will find such comfort in one another. What a gift to be able to bring them both home.

Pam said...

Whoo Hooo Jean!!!!!!

Emily said...

Woohoo!!!!! Youar stuff *should* all go to your agency on Monday and then Article 5 takes exactly 2 weeks... So it should be ready the last week of April!!! And then 2-4 weeks (average) until TA!!!!! You are getting closer!

Emily said...

Whoops-- meant that your agency should sent it all to the US Consulate on Monday!

living4him5 said...

WOW! Congratulations!!!! I like to see things are speeding up for some...We're awaiting LOA so this is such a joy for me to watch everyone getting ready to travel.

Many blessings,
Amy <><

Courtney said...

Make sure you send those NVC letters to your agency right away! Your agency will send those to China - then your Article 5 will be ready in 2 weeks! Article 5 is the US consulate pre-approving your new daughters for immigrant visas.

The Heald Family said...

Praying for you:) So exciting!
Love........cathy

Cari said...

yay....PTL!! That's so exciting! How wonderful that you will be able to celebrate their birthdays with them.

Serving the King said...

Happy dancin right along with you!! Congratulations!!!

Sally- That Girl! said...

All I can say is you have to be in GZ at some point with us! I can't believe you got your NVC letter so quickly.

Suzette said...

Congratulations! We are both getting there slowly but surely-in HIS time! Our agency picked up our article 5 on April 1 and submitted it to the CCAA. That was exactly 2 weeks after the NVC letter was submitted(although I don't really what all of that means). I do know it means we are getting closer to our baby girl! Now we are waiting on our TA and I think it should be here any day now. We are planning to travel on April 29th if that gives you any idea.

Motherbird said...

Congrats Jean!

You are getting sooo close!

Once our Article 5 was received at the CCAA, it took about 3 weeks to get TA!

I would give the Article 5 about a week to get to the CCAA.

Yay!

Sheri

Karen said...

Wonderful news!!!! Crazy all these new steps to go through to get our sweet children home. So glad you are so close to meeting these precious little girls!!

Karin said...

Woohoo!!! How exciting! Praying you are able to spend their birthdays with them. :)

Kathy said...

Wow!!! That was fast. PTL!!!!
So excited for you!
You will be traveling and meeting
your sweet girls before you know it!