Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Their Gifts are in the Mail!

The girls are so excited to send a gift to their new sisters! Now that we are bringing them to China they are loving every minute of the process.

Sarah is also understanding that we did all of this for her before she came home. She likes seeing our efforts and knowing what it was like as we waited to go to China for her!

We had quite a conversation about how the directors open the packages and not the children. It seemed quite unfair to all of us UNTIL we realized they don't even know who the package is for until they open it! It is sent to the orphanage and inside is the list of question and information on who we are asking about and sending it too! Oops!

It feels so good to be one itty bitty step closer to our new daughters!


Often time the kids don't get everything we send them. I hope our girls get some of it! If they want to take away the candy that works for me! I did most of the shopping two months ago. So they are getting a sweatshirt, long sleeve shirt and short sleeve shirt. I am guessing it is getting pretty warm in Guilin where the girls are! Oh well!

Hoping and praying for article 5 and TA!

15 comments:

Sophie said...

Praying for you and your girls Jean! What pretty gifts for the girls, how exciting that they will be home soon!

Jean, you can try to bring up that article on my blog againg, it should work this time.

Blessings :)

Angie said...

Oh, please email me and tell me how you're shipping this package. I want to send one so badly to Jenna Mei, but I don't know how!
jamieangiejacob@aol.com

Serving the King said...

Cute! Cute! And more CUTE! What a great illustration to Sarah about what it was like, genius idea!! Wow! I used a lot of exclamation points in this comment!! Perhaps I need to lay off the caffeine?!!!! Bye!!!

living4him5 said...

I love the picture of the girls holding the package. I'm just about to send one off too!! Please know I'm praying for your article 5 and TA. Kind of seems like things are speeding up a bit. =)

Thank you for your sweet comment!

Many blessings,
Amy <><

Sophie said...

Hey Jean,
Your right for some reason I can't transfer the article on Amy, but Bob sent my husband a picture of JJ so I posted the picture instead, you must stop by my blog and see he's precious!

Gretchen said...

Praying your TA comes very soon!

David and Sarah said...

So fun that your girls at home are enjoying loving on your girls in China. What a fun house you're going to have!

Blessings,
Sarah

Lori said...

YAY!! That's so fun! Come on Article 5!

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh my - things are getting so exciting at your house! Can hardly wait until you all are in China receiving your new daughters!

Love in Christ,
Janet and gang

Cari said...

sending the gifts are such a fun part of the process! come on article 5 and TA!!!

TanyaLea said...

I think it is so neat that Sarah is gaining a better understanding of your preparations for her through helping and watching the preparations for her sisters. What a great time of learning and reflection for your precious girl!! I can see God using this to bring her comfort and help her to feel even more loved and realize how very WANTED she always was to you. So neat!

Praying your Article 5 and TA come soon! I think things are moving along a little faster again.

Thinking of and praying for Little Luke tonight, too! Keep us posted.

love,
Tanya

Sue said...

I agree it helps when the siblings are involved with the process. I sure Emma and Ellie will enjoy what ever gifts they are given and hopefully they will get most of it. It also sound like this is helping Sarah work thru parts of her adoption journey

嘉容嘉容 said...

天下沒有意把鑰匙,可以打開所有的門......................................................

FranciscoL_俊毅Swaney0806 said...

世間事沒有一樣沒有困難,只要有信心去做,至少可以做出一些成績。......................................................

Leah said...

It is so cool to get to send care packages! Come on A5 & TA!! We are now 3 1/2 weeks waiting for to TA. Bring it on!!