Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Who Travels to China Saga!


Sorry, I'm milking this subject for all it's worth but it has been a challenging one at our house. We have put a lot of thought and prayer into it and...... drumroll please...

We have decide that that Sarah and Anna will go with Hubby and I.

There are so many reasons why they should go and why they should not go- they all make sense. We are thinking that Sarah will have challenges either way - whether she goes or stays home. If she goes she will be with us, she will be part of the experience and she will conquer some of her fears. She will see that she is our daughter forever. She will go to China and she will come home to HER home. By the time we get home she will have known her new sisters for 2 weeks! When it is all said and done she will be fine.

Our pictures will have her in them. That way the memories will be fun for her, too.

It will be challenging but it feels good and we will have fun!

We will be doing lots of praying and we will be asking for lots of prayers from you if that's okay!


So today the four of us hopped in the car to go and get our visas! I love getting things done - check this one off the list! UNTIL, we got there and found out they are open from 12-6pm ... except not on Wednesdays... they're closed on Wednesdays. How can you be closed on Wednesdays? Who on earth is closed on Wednesdays? Sundays yes, Saturdays maybe, even maybe on Mondays but Wednesdays?

Being the problem solvers we are - we went straight to get our pictures taken so tomorrow hubby can take them with him and order our visas. (the kids and I are not available to go tomorrow). So as of tomorrow we can check that off the list- yippee!!

CHINA HERE WE COME!

13 comments:

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

YEAH! It is hard. There are not easy answers in any adoption process....glad for your decision....and we will PRAY OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got your back!

Lori said...

I think you made a great decision in wanting to take S & A. Yes, there will be difficult moments but it sure seems to me that overall, it will be a wonderful experience for everyone.

Closed on Wednesdays?? Yeah, that's crazy. I guess by mid-week they are too exhausted to go on another day without a break. Hmmmm. I think I will implement that rule around my house, starting...well, NEXT Wednesday.

Angie said...

Not that you need my approval, or opinion, but for what it's worth, I think you're making a great decision by taking the girls. Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see how it all turns out!!

Nancy said...

I think it's a great decision! I also think Ellie and Emma will benefit from having them there. It stops everyone's anxiousness about what it will be like when they are "all" together finally.

The Heald Family said...

Yea - I am excited they are going!

Janet and Kevin said...

I think you made the right decision too because whatever you decide you will make it work. There are many pros and cons, but you will all be together experiencing the trip.

God bless you as you journey to bring home two precious new daughters. And God bless you in all that might entail - whatever adventures you all will have will be together!

Hugs,
Janet and gang

Sue said...

It is a great feeling to keep checking things off the list, it helps make it feel more closer. As bringing the girls...I totally agree with you.

living4him5 said...

What a neat feeling to know it's almost time to leave!!!

Praying for safe travels and blessed transistions!!!

Amy <><

Tesseraemum said...

Oh yea, It may be hard but she will be glad she went and it will be a special memory for the whole family! All of the girls will share this special memory as they get older!!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Good choice and you are right Sarah is going to be Sarah whether you take her to China or not. You will as all of us do have issues with either you do it that you will have to deal with.

See ya in China!!

David and Sarah said...

Oh, so glad that they'll be going with you. When we adopted Jadon, Lily was 2 1/2 and had been home for 1 1/2 years. We didn't take she and Adam, and she had a VERY hard time. I totally didn't expect it. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely have taken her!

Blessings,
Sarah

Kathy said...

I think you made the right decision.
You may have difficult moments...
at least she will be with you.
Jaden was 18 months when we brought
her home and had been home 3 yrs.
She was so attached to me she would
have been devastated if we left her behind.
(we were struggling with all the swine flu
stuff going on)Taking her was the best
decision we ever made. She had a wonderful
time and I know it helped her big sissy feel
a little better.

Suzette said...

Love the picture of the girls with those passports. Too sweet! How exciting! We are both getting so much closer.

PLEASE pray for our timing. We are so excited to be leaving in two weeks, but also sad that I may miss my son's graduation. We must go get our sweet girl and just can't go with the next group so we are asking all to pray that we make it back in time.