Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You did it?

The other morning Miss Anna was hanging out in my closet while I was getting ready for the day. When all of the sudden I hear this sweet little voice saying "You did it!"

Of course I was completely stunned and had no idea what she could be talking about but found it necessary to defend myself with a quick witted response of "No, you did it!"

She also found it necessary to stick up for herself with an infatic "Noooo, you did it!"

Being the mature Mother I am I immediately responded "No, you did it!"

Just so ya know I ain't fessing up to anythang...

When I kiss the girls goodnight I do the same little routine. It's best if they know what's going on when this ginormous face comes into their space (especially with older child adoption- it saves you from having to go to the dentist and get two new front teeth). I kiss their forehead, then we do nosey (eskimo) kisses, I give their nose a kiss and then a quick kiss on the lips from their Momma.

Before I did the ritual with Anna she was trying to say something to me but ya know it was late and I wanted to move along with the routine! As I finished up with Anna my lips felt a little gooey and I heard her say "Mom will you wipe my nose?" ;-0

I should have listened to her and not rushed the process!

The Joys of Parenting!


Lori said...

That's so funny!! It's never dull at your house, that's for sure!

Shonni said...

Ohhh, Oooohhh, I'm sorry, but, I am laughing....:)

Janet and Kevin said...

Hee, hee. That is funny and a little gross - but, oh, how cute!

Janet and gang

Adeye said...

Aaaahhhh---the joys, indeed, friend :):):)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Heh. Thanks for the morning chuckles.