Thursday, May 13, 2010

Article 5!

These are pics I found of the girls from when they were younger. They are from another family who brought their son home awhile ago. I cropped them so we could see our daughters "up close"! I can hardly wait to see them "in person"!


Today is a big day! We have so much to be thankful for! We finally have our Article 5! Now the wait begins for TA. I have heard many things about this wait- some arrive in 10 days (very few) and some arrive in 4 weeks. We have so anticipated going to China and getting the girls and now the time is actually near- kinda, sorta!

Our visas took a little longer than usual because the Sarah and Anna have new passports. We had to go back 2 times to give them more information. The visas should be ready by tomorrow! WooHoo!!

The bunk beds are being delivered today and tomorrow! They couldn't get it all on the one truck so the had to divide up the delivery! They will be assembled next week and all four girls will share a room!! Anna and Sarah are very excited about the bunk beds! I think it will make the transition much easier for Emma and Ellie! We thought and thought about this for a long time and we were planning to put Em and El in the pink room but we changed our minds- in case you haven't noticed we do that a fare amount! In the end I feel like we come up with the right decision, it's just that the process is a bit prolonged!! I will post a pic when the room is done! I am so thankful the beds are here!! Can't wait to see them all set up!

Praising the Lord and feeling very thankful! Such blessing he has placed in our lives!

18 comments:

Kim said...

Praising God with you for that long awaited Article 5! Come on TA!!! You will so love the part of China where your girls live. When we went to get our Mandy, it was such a fabulous place with such wonderful,loving and friendly people.
Praying for all your family and the girls as they await your arrival.
Kim S and Mandy

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh Jean - I just read Pam's daughter Emily's post about Grace and Charlie and they got their Article 5 today too! So excited for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps both of your families will be in China together! :)

Hugs,
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

Pam said...

Whooo Hoooo Jean!!!!! We're right there with you!

Your girls are going to LOVE their bunk beds~ mine do!

I am laughing about the handy man assembling them. We get a handy man for EVERYTHING but Bill actually did the bunk beds. He didn't have two sets though! :)

Can't wait to see the girls' room!

Angie said...

YES! Come on, TA...make it in record time!

jan said...

hey jean! not sure if you know who i am or not.... we also received article 5 today :) our daugher is 11 and in guangzhou.

would't that be fun to be there together? feel like i know you :)

Lori said...

Yippeee for Article 5!! You are getting SO close!!

I love that the girls will all share a room. And I love even more that you have a hard time making decisions...welcome to the club! I'm the president, just so you know. LOL.

David and Sarah said...

Hooray! So excited for you!

Blessings,
Sarah

Sally-Girl! said...

I can't believe our timelines are within 2 days from each other at this point. Our God is amazing and I have faith that He will put us in China together!!!

Tina said...

Hope you get a SPEEDY TA!!!

Serving the King said...

Woooo-Hooooo!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!! So happy for you!!! What a great day. Come on TA!!!

Mandi said...

I am so, so, excited that you are one step closer to bringing your girls home. I cannot wait for you too have them wrapped in your arms.

I LOVE the idea of all 4 girls in one room.

I will be praying that your wait to TA is a short one.

Hugs,
Mandi

Kathy said...

Whooo-hooo!!!!!!
Congratulations! That is awesome news!
I am so excited for you! Praying for a
quick TA!!

Karen said...

Wonderful news!!! How great it is that you and Sally are so close in your timing. I hope you get your TA in record time!

living4him5 said...

Whoo hooo!!! Praying for a speedy TA!!

Blessings,
Amy <><

Suzette said...

Praising God with you for getting one step closer. I have been updating our dates on the side of my blog. Hopefully your process will go much quicker than ours, but it will give you and idea. Counting down the days!

Sophie said...

Rejoicing with you Jean. Praying that the TA comes quickly

Sue said...

That is awesome and congrats on the Article 5. Our agency says it takes 2 weeks for the TA and then 3-4 weeks to travel...so lets say 5 weeks you will be in China. That would be so awesome...I am so happy for you all

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your Article 5! Now come on, TA!!!