Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dinosaurs...


Anna- I like dinosaurs, I want to pet one.

Sarah- Anna, dinosaurs are mean, you do not want to do that.

Anna- I do want to pet one, I like them.

Sarah- They will bite you.

Mom- Girls, there aren't any dinosaurs alive anymore.

Anna- But I like them.

Sarah- Anna, you do not want to pet one. They will bite you.

Mom- Girls, they are all dead, there are not any dinosaurs in the world anymore.

Anna- I still like them.

Sarah- Anna, why aren't you listening to me? They are mean.

Mom- Girls, hello, is anybody listening. The dinosaurs are all gone!

Sarah- But Mom, they are still dangerous.

Anna- I think they are nice.

Sarah- Mom, they will bite you.

Mom- yes, if we were alive millions of years ago, we would want to stay away from them.

Anna- I want to pet one.

Sarah- Anna, you do not want to pet one, they will bite you.

Sarah- Hugh "sigh", big head shake " Why doesn't she listen to me?

Mom- Hmmm, yeah!

Yep, welcome to my world! Anyone interested in meeting for coffee! I'm in need of a little adult conversation! I can meet you where ever, you just name the place! Texas, North Carolina, Delaware, Colorado, Kansas or California?


20 comments:

Hezra said...

Oklahoma? lol you are ON! lol yes I understand. I have these types of roundabout convos every single day.

Shonni said...

Laughing also...come to Colorado, though I'm not sure how much "adult' conversation is left in me....:)

Serving the King said...

I'd love to meet and I was hoping you could help me calm my fears of dinosaurs. Perhaps we could discuss my irrational fear over coffee.

Lori said...

Bahahaha!!! Yes, PLEASE meet me for coffee. I also am desperate for a grown-up conversation AND caffeine!!

Thanks for sharing the riveting dialogue that you were (sort of) a part of! Tooooo funny!!!

Angie said...

How about Marco??? :) We'll just let the kids play on the beach and we can have adult conversation all afternoon...sure...

Sally-Girl! said...

How about China in 4-5 weeks?????

David and Sarah said...

Well, I'll second the vote for CO!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

He he he- hmmmmmm.....seems so familiar- how about Louisiana? I don't do coffee, but I would love to chat :)

David & Janet Hurley said...

Alabama?!?! I don't drink coffee, but I know where Starbucks is! We've had on of those days too.

Tracy said...

That is HILARIOUS!! I dont live in any of those states however if you would like to come to Az. I will make you a very nice cup of coffee and have somewhat of an adult conversation. lol

From the Erben Gang..... said...

Thats three votes for Colorado!

Janet and Kevin said...

How about Indiana! Sometimes I feel like we live in the Twilight Zone. Now I know others do, too!

Too funny!

Hugs,
Janet and gang

Gretchen said...

How bout Florida!!! My boys LOVE dinosaurs! The kids can have their dino discussion and we can talk about big girl stuff!

Have a great weekend and Mother's Day! (It is so fun to be a Mommy!)

Chasity said...

Jean...that is wonderful! Sounds like my kids in the back seat of my car everyday! Precious, but goodness a nice cup of Coffee (for you) and Hot Cocoa or Tea (for me) sounds about perfect. Indiana is a bit far...I'll drink one and cheer to you anyway! :)

Candice said...

How about Perham, MN? Great town tons of cute shops, Great coffee shops and more lakes than you can count.

soontobemomof9 said...

Kansas... I'll buy. :)

Jennifer Barbee said...

I can't help you. I no longer know how to have an adult conversation!

Sophie said...

I'm always ready for coffee and adult conversation. Right now I have Barney the dinosaur on, my 3 year old is obsessed with him. Sometimes I catch myself humming the I love you you love me song, yup I'm definately needing coffee and conversation.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wanna meet in Dinosaur, Colorado? Because we could totally meet for coffee there. Moffat County is beautiful, or so I've heard.

lucy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.