Thursday, June 24, 2010

Feeling Thankful on Thursday!

I'm feeling like our dear Lord is involved in so many more things in our life than I realize. I feel incredible gratitude toward Him. So many pieces of the puzzles are fitting together. So many thing are happening that are way beyond me. I am in awe of Him.

The other day our air conditioner shut down- it is electronic and it said to call a technician. Okay, we can do that except it was Friday night. We put a call in on Saturday morning and they came out to repair it. As it turns out the landscapers had unplugged something and the A/C reset wrong. A few minor adjustments and he was done! While he was downstairs he noticed a possible gas leak- sure enough he was right and he fixed it for free! Thank you Jesus for a missed disaster!

I often wonder how could we be adopting two lovely new daughters at our age? It is a miracle only He could have engineered! How could we be traveling to China at the perfect time. (I wanted to travel earlier, but this is so obviously his doing)! I am mourning that I will not see my BFF in China, that Sarah will not meet up with the girl from her orphanage and that we will not get to meet the incredible families that are their NOW! Hubby has made it clear that in his opinion this is God's timing. He had projects to wrap up at work, a necessary bonus for the orphanage fee for two lovely new daughters and airlines tickets where we finally get to sit together! Yes, this is HIS doing- and for that I am so grateful!

I feel so very blessed and down on my knees thankful to Him, to our Heavenly Father! In just 6 days we will be on a plane to China! The girls, that were only a dream will become reality! They will be our Emma Joy and Ella Mei!

Lord - thank YOU!


Serving the King said...

6 Days?!!! Oh my goodness, I think I may have to put myself on China time just so that I can be awake when you post! LOL! I hear you about timing...girl, we have had the roughest adoption related week thus far. All came crashing down in one day yesterday but alas, you are so correct. He knows when we are supposed to be where and to get the heck out of His way so that He can do His work is such a feeling of peace! I am SO excited for you that the day is coming!!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

YEAH!!! Love it when we see ways we never thought of - how HE works on our behalf. Praising God with you, and can't wait to see you all together!!!

Lori said...

So wonderful how the Lord works everything for good for those who love Him!

I can't wait to follow your journey in China!

Lynsay said...

woohoo! At least we will be in the same time zone! :)

Have a wonderful, wonderful time! Hugs to all of you!

Janet and Kevin said...

Whoa - six days! Yippee Jesus! Can hardly wait for your trip to begin. Will be following you all every step of the way and praying like crazy!

Hugs from Indiana
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

quilt-n-mama said...

I remember with Nate's adoption struggling with God's timing that was not mine, but when the time came- it was so evident that it was perfect! I'll email you the amazing story someday of all the amazing things that God did during our time in China that made it so clear! Can't wait to follow your traveling adventure!

Shonni said...

SOON you will hold them!!! I am so excited for ya'll!!!!

Sally-Girl! said...

I will admit that HK has lost its appeal since you are not here. We just want to get to GZ and forget HK! I wish we could have dropped off the whole HK part and extended even for one day at the other end to see you. Yes, it is painful to know that we are missing you by 12 hours!!! But if you read my post today, perhaps that is part of the reason we are in HK now anyways!!!

Mary Kate said...

We cannot wait for you to have those girls in your arms...we are counting down the days with you!!!!!
Mary Kate

Difference2This1 said...

Can't wait for the day we stop seeing photos of caretakers with those girls and start seeing them with your family. 6 days....6 days can fly by when you are getting ready for a trip of this significance, can't it! We will be praying for you all!!! Blessings, Jennifer

Craig and Phyllis said...

Seems incredible that you will be leaving in 6 days! I'm sure you can't either. Praying God's blessings on you as you get ready to go and meet your girls. And for your girls, as they get ready to meet you!

David and Sarah said...

6 days! Wow! You're almost there.


Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Was just given your blog from a friend at the park today! So excited to read about your journey. We are getting ready to travel this fall God willing to bring home our 9 year old daughter from China. We are waiting on LOA right now 3 weeks and counting!! This will be our second adoption from China. Our first daughter was adopted in July 2008 when she was 19 months old. We also have 4 bio sons ages; 15, 13, 11, and 6.
You have such a beautiful family I look forward to following your journey back to China. It is nice to watch and read about families that have been there done that.