Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dear Lord-

I humbly apologize to you. I am embarrassed for my thoughts and feelings and I ask for your forgiveness.
I pray to lose this sense of entitlement that I have acquired from my cushy life.
I pray to see the beauty in the differences and not be stressed by the differences.
I pray to love you with all my heart and to have an attitude of service to you.
I pray to for my heart to be like yours, for my eyes to see what you see, to marvel in the beauty of your children and to share your compassion.
I pray to be there for the children AND not to be concerned with my own needs.
I pray for the two little girls that will soon be getting on a train and heading to their new family and their new life.
I pray that you will comfort their fears, calm their anxieties and open their hearts.
I pray that we will be what you need us to be to serve and glorify you.
I pray for Sarah and Anna- that they will continue to do well and happily welcome their new siblings into their family.

(On a lighter note please pray that my gas goes away, my headaches dissipate and my cankers sores heal!)

Thank you friends for praying with me. I am already getting back on track and I know the Lord will be with us every step of the way! Your prayers are so appreciated!

Blessings from Nanning! Only 7 more hours!!


Sally-Girl! said...

Praying for you!!! Adoption trips are not easy. He will be with you every step of the way and so will all of us!!!

Jerry and Christy said...

praying for all of you. Hope everything goes well with getting your two new daughters.


Susan A said...

praying for you that He will help you to forget yourself so that you can look forward and accept everything, knowing that He is in control over every single thing. Before we were born, He already knew the details.

Praying that the girls will be comforted being with your family, sensing that they can trust you, while at the same time, missing China and leaving behind what they have grown up with all their lives.

p.s. sorry to hear about the elevator door. these things get in our way sometimes! :)

David and Sarah said...

Still praying. God is so good.


Jill said...

Great prayer Jean.

Lori said...

I love your heart, Jean! That was an amazing prayer. AMEN, sister!

I hope that when I wake up in the morning there are pics and a wonderful post from you!

Cari said...

Jean...I praying for you. It's been crazy here with the six now, so I haven't been able to leave comments as I would like. I'm so excited for you all and can't wait to read your next posts!!! Praying for you to feel well and have a sense of calm.

Nancy said...

Well said Jean. You will do fine! Can't wait to see pics!

Serving the King said...

Oh my goodness!!! 7 hours!!! I've been on vacation and out of blogging land, I've so enjoyed reading the updates!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Karin said...

Bless your heart. The heat can make people cranky. It sure makes me cranky!! :) Big hugs and prayers for a wonderful gotcha day.

Patti said...

Hi Jean and family

Just returned home with our third China Princess :) Praying for you and your family :) We asked for a Suite at the White Swan....Maybe that would help :) Praying that God will expand your space to accomodate your new sweet princesses :) Love and Blessings

Sophie said...

Praying for you Jean, I'm sure whatever your feeling is the anxiousness of meeting the girls. And I'm sure all the hours traveling has left you a bit tired. I pray that the Lord brings you peace.

Pam said...

Hey Jean,

Ahhh we were so close, but so far! Missed seeing you, but I know one day (even before heaven) we'll meet up. We ended up getting into Hong Kong and to our hotel a little after 8:00 with hungry and tired kids, so not meeting really was all for the best. Even though "I" did not like it one bit!

Am anxiously waiting to see photos of those 2 new sweet daughters! I'll keep checking.

I am SO glad to be HOME and have that plane flight behind us. :)

Praying for you, friend~

Janet and Kevin said...

Sweet friend -

Praying for you all. These adoption journeys are very difficult with taking us outside our comfort level. I know I felt just the way you do. I love your prayer this morning. I should copy it and take it with me if/when we go back for another precious child. Know what you are going through and praying for a wonderful day today as you meet your two new daughters.

Hugs -
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

Gayle said...

Oh Jean,

This morning you are completely on my heart as I know two little girls are no longer orphans, but a part of your beautiful family. I am just giddy thinking of what you are doing right now--you are possibly having your first meal together or just taking them in breath by breath.

I praise God for the love He has put in your heart for these two amazing girls--I love your prayer...I love your heart!

Know this...He has you right where He wants you. NOTHING you are going through is in vain, but is a part of His perfect plan--right down to the heat and humidity, the dirt and the uncomfortable moments. He will be your all in all, your provider, your comforter, your language to your new daughters.

I will continue to pray for you and your ever-growing family!!

Much, much love!

Mom Of Many said...

Ugh. Hurry up and post some pictures!! Holding my breath here....and I can't hold it much longer....