Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Going Back in Time! July 8th- Sightseeing in Guilin!

Guilin is beautiful. It is the tourist hot spot in Ch*na! I am so glad we came here and saw our daughters home town!

This is the Li River Cruise!

Whenever I saw chinese drawings of mountains I thought they just don't know how to draw them but in Guilin the mountains look like this- like the drawings I see in China!

I love this pic of Hubby, Sarah and Anna!

I was a little nervous with the girls on the deck. Honestly I could see one of the new girls falling in. They are not that coordinated and tripping is not uncommon.
The kids did get a little bored on the cruise- the adults loved it!

The sight were fantastic!

As I post more pics I realize that these two are my smilers! They are easy to photograph!!

It was actually a nicer day than it looks in the pics.

Usually she's a happy girl! I am thankful for that!!

Surprise, Anna fell asleep!

At the end of the cruise we shopped in this little town- sorry, I can't remember the name!

Everybody was following us. They all wanted to sell us something.

This girl works at embroidery- she is incredibly good at it! I was surprised she looked up and smiled!!

I love this pic of Sarah checking her out!

He would play his flute and then want us to by them- believe me we would not be able to play like him!

Next was the evening cruise to see all the lights n the river in the middle of town. It was nice but I'm more up for the natural beauty. It was a little too disneyish...

The city is beautiful!

The architecture, the buildings, the bridges and the landscape! It is a clean cute city devoted to tourism. No industry here, so it is cleaner than other cities in China.

The fisherman send the birds to catch the fish. There is a ring around the birds neck so they cannot swallow the fish - they cough it up and he gives them a little treat that the can swallow..

At 10:00 every night this hotel turns into a waterfall! Water comes pouring over the roofline and down the windows.

It was a busy day and we were all tired!! Time to head back to the hotel. Bedtime was a huge challenge. Emma has trouble settling down. Thank goodness it has gotten a little better!


Angie said...

Wow! The scenery is breathtaking! What a great place to tour. Now I know why you went to Guilin...the girls' hometown. Ellie looks so content and happy in most of the photos. She does love to smile! And from the photos, Sarah looks so relaxed, and it probably makes her feel "grown up" to be so far beyond where her new sisters are...maybe it makes her feel more confident? Thanks for sharing more...what a beautiful trip!

Lori said...

Oh my word, those pictures are amazing!!! What a beautiful part of China.

mom2eliza-mom2ava said...

Oh Jean, I'm so envious that you got to go to Guilin. I feel awful that I didn't make that trip with and for Ava. We'll just have to go back to Guilin someday! The pictures of Katie are stunning. She is gorgeous! And I love that Sarah truly looks so happy and relaxed; as does Ellie. That's so wonderful. I think Ava's personality in China was similar to Emma's, but also more willing to smile like Ellie. That fighter-tenacity has helped her adjust and figure out her world so hang in there with Emma. If she likes to run and do daring things, just keep up with the boundaries. She knows. Ava has days of being so compliant, conscientous, polite; other days, she'll be so independent and stubborn. Isn't it funny how you thought you had their personalities figured out by photos you looked at before ever meeting them?! Hee, hee. Alrighty, keep the posts coming! Hugs and prayers, Sarah and Ava

Sally-Girl! said...

Love seeing this photos of Gullin!!! How beautiful the scenery that surrounded your beautiful family both uniquely created by our Maker!!!!

quilt-n-mama said...

What breath taking pictures! And what a treasured time to create memories with your girls!

David and Sarah said...

Wow! So beautiful (especially the girls!).


Laura L. said...

Both of these posts are awesome. You are doing such a great job with that. With all you've got going, I don't know how you do it. :) Beautiful photos, of beautiful China.
The girls are all looking more beautiful and happy by the day. That's LOVE!

Katie said...

Go Jean Go!! You all must be exhausted! I've loved reading about your journey so far and it seems like your new girls are slowly but surely catching on to the rules. We are praying you every step of the way!

Blessings ~ Katie

Mom Of Many said...

What beautiful pictures - the mountains are gorgeous!! And the girls? So precious...I also love the one of Jim with Sarah and Anna...so sweet...continued prayers...

I would have loved the river cruise also...

Tracy said...


Kathy said...

What a beautiful and breathtaking part of China!
Thanks for taking the time to share with
us! I love following your journey!

Sophie said...

Wow, these pictures are incredible!!
China looks like an amazing place, and the girls look lovely in their matching dresses love it!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

LOVE the scenery! Very Beautiful!!!

Continuing prayers :)

吳婷婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karin said...

Oooohhhhh....I have always wanted to go on the Li River Cruise. So far...never got even close. LOVE your pics! So cool that you were able to go. It's looks so beautiful. Prayers for you all. Big hugs!!

Adeye said...

Wow---what a stunning part of the world. Oh how I pray that things are going smoother and smoother with each day that passes, my friend. I know you must be LONGING to come home now.

You're almost there.

Wright Family said...

love that method of avoiding spending on window washers! I'll be going from 2 to 4 littles ,too! OOOOmy! Catherine

Suzy said...

YangShou is the the town at the end of the Li River cruise, and we enjoyed it so much! There just seemed to be so much lively activity there. I'd go back in a heart beat.