Sunday, July 4, 2010

In Nanning!

We are in Nanning! Oh my, is it a culture shock compared to HK... It is so hot, humid, dirty and smelly here. Everyone else is taking it in stride but I am having a bit of a difficult time. I think I am kind of nervous for tomorrow. I want it to go well. We don't have enough beds in the two rooms (only 3 singles in each room) and our options are slim. We are kind of on top of each other with the suitcases, beds and people.

The elevator shut on hubby- he is fine but next it closed on me and cracked the frame of my glasses. They will be fine for this trip and I can get new ones after we get home- they're old and scratched. But it was kind of just one more thing that I didn't need at this point.

I really need to relax and trust God. I need to let go of the things that are unimportant and enjoy this incredible moment. We are now getting the girls at 3:30. Please say a prayer- for me, for them, for all of us.

I am so glad I can post from here! Praying that it keeps working!


11 comments:

The Heald Family said...

I was praying for you today. In Sunday School we were reading Ps 68;4-6, Isaiah 1:10-17, Isaiah 58:19. I couldn't stop thinking of you as you apply Micah 6:8 act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with our God:) Praying for all the details as you get Ellie and Emma. Love....Cathy

Nancy said...

Sending you hugs and best wishes for a good union with your daughters. Thinking of you constantly, and hoping for all good things.

Lori said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your glasses! The enemy is at work. Don't let him steal your joy! Hold tight to God's promises and His faithfulness.

Praying for you!

Janet and Kevin said...

Jean -

Praying for you! Sorry this new hotel is so difficult. Will they let you have a roll-away bed in each room? We had to get one for Philip in Beijing since the one bed we had was too small for all of us! Can you push them together to make one large one? If you remember from our posts, Kevin had to sleep on the end of our bed (like a dog sleeping on the bed)and the boys and I shared the rest of the bed. Quite cozy and uncomfortable - espcially for Kevin!

Praying for your tomrorow to go very well and that your new daughters will have a smooth and lovely transiton into their new forever family.

Hugs from Indiana
Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and Elijah

Chris said...

Jean! You guys will be fine! Nanning is a nice city and you will enjoy it. There is a 3 or 4 story hands on childrens science museum close to the Mingyuan Xindu Hotel. You could walk there. There is a bakery a block or two left of the hotel if you go out the front door. There is also a park close to the hotel. You are in Nanning because God wants you there, and so He will provide all that you need! Praying for you! Chris

Craig and Phyllis said...

Praying for you and your family!

Sammy said...

I still bet you're having a blast!

Jill said...

Prayers Jean!

Chandra said...

I am asking God will give you strength, both physical and emotional.
May you find peace and calmness as you move forward with your hand in His.
Ask the hotel management for what you need. The worst that can happen is they say they can't do it. It's only a short time. This too shall pass.

David and Sarah said...

Praying for you!

Laura L. said...

Looking in on you lots and enjoying your updates.
So happy that it's almost time for you to be united with your girls. Yay!!!
I am sorry to hear about your glasses. What a mean elevator!

Praying for you all.

Hugs and cheers from Minn!