Thursday, September 23, 2010

I am...

I am learning as we walk through each new day with our family and our new daughters.

I am learning-
that it takes longer to get to places with 4 little girl than with 2. I need to leave earlier and give more time to "the process" of going places.
homeschooling with 4 at home also takes more time. I need to make the necessary schedule changes so we have that time.
where are girls "are at" with their education and what we need to work on.
how different each daughter is and how wonderful that is!
that working on dossiers, dr appts., and therapies takes a lot of time.
that others aren't quite as excited for us as we adopt a fifth time.
how much we enjoy being with our children both big and small.
that I need to trust him more and not take things into my own hands.
that I have so much to learn...

I am realizing-
How much I need our Savior Jesus.
that I need to keep my eyes on him and stay true to our beliefs and his plan for us.
that I/we would never be happy if we weren't trying to do all that we can to help the orphans.
that we are doing this not just to help the orphans but in our own selfish way it is what we want to do.
that I cannot let the world sway me- because the majority of the people have different views about adopting many.
that I need his comfort and the encouragement of other like minded people to carry on.
that I need to trust Him, listen to Him and be patient for Him.

how much I miss my Mom- just thought I'd add that in because I do miss her and it is the times of weakness that it is even more apparent- I just want to talk to her...



8 comments:

David and Sarah said...

Sounds like God is teaching you so much!

Blessings,
Sarah

Chad and Kristy said...

I so enjoy you and your blog. I think you are the best mom in the world! I learn so much from you and admire your faith in Christ. Your children are just so adorable! My pastor said, "If you truly follow Christ and truly model your life to His word you WILL be going against the rest of the world and YES they may just think you are crazy:)" All that matters in our life is that we are glorifying God! So glad to be your sister in Christ:)

Lori said...

Bless your heart, friend!

"...I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, them I am strong." 2 Cor. 12:9-10

Shonni said...

Your sweet heart is so very precious to me! Thank you for sharing this. I also need the comfort and encouragement of other like minded people and am so grateful to have found you and your family. Just yesterday I was reading and thinking that we must all encourage each other.
So today, I want to tell you thank you for sharing your life with me, for your precious sense of humor and your endless encouragement to look to our LORD and listen to Him, for living a bold and loving life, for going where your afraid to go and encouraging me to also face my fears! Your a beautiful person inside and out!!!
loves to you,
Shonni

Sally-Girl! said...

Stand in the Truth dear friend Stand in the Truth!!!

Jenny said...

Jean,
I can so relate to your feelings of wanting to find like-minded people. I know there are many out there close to our ages (50's)who want to do more with their lives than just keep up with the status quo. My husband and I have had this conversation many times, wondering if we'll ever find any near us (we live in Florida). I'm so thankful for bloggy world because I at least find some connection there! But, I just have to tell you I am amazed by your courage and strong sense of purpose---satan wants us to believe his lies and doubts, don't
be discouraged! I've prayed for you often and will continue!
In Him,
Jenny

Janet and Kevin said...

Yes, I agree. With everything.

Hugs,
Janet and gang

P.S. I really miss my dad, too. Especially when I watch my sons and know how much he enjoyed watching Ted and Philip but never got the chance to meet Elijah. Or Sophia.

Suzy said...

You know, I was talking with friends from church, and we talked about how you can do many good things which weren't necessarily the godly thing to do. As long as you are convinced you are doing what God has called you to do, then I AM completely thrilled for you. I hope your adoption journeys are smooth and full of blessings.