We got an email this week. Samuel was scheduled for surgery soon. We don't know exactly what procedure they were planning to do. Since they knew he was being adopted they asked us if we wanted "it" done - which was very nice.
We had very little time to respond - my first feelings were no don't do it. We prayed about it, then asked the yahoo group that I joined for children with his disability and called the local specialist.
Everyone answered the same- WAIT for surgery until he gets home. He can be with his Momma and Daddy while he recovers and the procedure will most likely have a better result if it is done in the states.
We let our agency know what we wanted for "our son" (that sounds so good to me- our son).
Praying that everyone gets the message and he does not have surgery in Ch*na.
Please say a prayer for our sweet boy!