Monday, November 15, 2010

Ellie



When Ellie talks English we all have to stop... and think... what on earth did she say? It is adorable but it often is not a language I recognize!

At shower time tonight she was saying something... again, I stopped and thought about it... and then recognized it! She said "For God so loved the world..."

The girls are in Awana now and they are just beginning. This is the first part of the lesson, we will add to it each week! It is hard to go out in the cold and dark at night but when the rewards are this huge- we will make it work out!

This is a little girl that struggles with English and at the same time will rattle away a string of words- word that I cannot decipher. I immediately turn to big sister Sarah for the interpretation...

"What did she say?"

Tonight I did not need my interpreter but instead jumped for joy with what I heard!

12 comments:

Mary Kate said...

A wonderful milestone, Jean!

Sarah said...

how wonderful!

Jill said...

Precious! Awesome!
What a cute pic BTW!

Susan A said...

how so beautiful! hallelujah! :)

Shonni said...

That is sooooo beautiful!!!

Angie said...

Isn't it exciting to see God's Word already working in their lives??

Serving the King said...

Oh what a great momma moment! Praise you Jesus!

quilt-n-mama said...

Beautiful! Our kiddos are in AWANAs too and what a blessing to hear the word of the Lord coming from their mouths. My heart's prayer is that they will not just "learn" the words but that they will be real and alive in their lives as they grow and learn. Praying for your little hearts this morning too in my prayer time.
Blessings,
gayly

Chad and Kristy said...

That is precious and so is she! That is a beautiful pictures of her. Jean, I justlove your blog and your sweet family:) You are such a blessing!

David and Janet Hurley said...

How wonderful! We have to have a sister interpret quite often too. Isn't it amazing that THOSE are the words you were able to understand. A sign to you, you're doing great!

Pam said...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4.

I'm sure Ellie's precious words were music to your ears!

TanyaLea said...

The perfect words to understand w/out interpretation!! I LOVE the scripture that Pam listed...PERFECT!!

BEAUTIFUL photo of Ellie, BTW...she is such a pretty girl!! :)