Sunday, January 16, 2011

29 Years!

Today is our anniversary!! We have been married for 29 years! I feel much too young to be married for that long! 
Katie and Devan asked us to go out for dinner! They even gave us a gift- that was so nice of them!!
We had such a great time!

I feel blessed beyond belief to be married to the man of my dreams! He is so wonderful! He is an incredible Father to all our children! I love him so much!! I think he feels the same way about me (PTL)!!

You may be wondering WHY on earth did you get married in January?? 
It wasn't about the perfect wedding or the weather, it was about the love and commitment- time of year didn't matter to us!
Hubby was in law school and January was the beginning of a new semester- kind of a down time for him, kind of...
My Mom did not want us to be married in December- obviously not a down time for Mom's with children and holidays looming!
It brightens up a long and gloomy winter- it's a highlight for us!

Was it cold?
Oh my yes- freezing cold!! I believe it was 30 below windchill. We had an attendance in the parking lot starting cars for people!
Today it was 11 degrees- picnic weather compared to 29 yrs ago!

The time has gone to fast, the blessings have been so great! I am bursting with thankfulness to our heavenly father!

Thank You Jesus!!


Joy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Love the Cheesecake Factory, btw. :-)

Susan A said...

Happy Anniversary, Jean and Jim, I hope you had a lovely time :)

Sophie said...

Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple!!

TanyaLea said...

Happy 29th Anniversary! ~ you both LOOK too young to have been married that long!

We had a December wedding, RIGHT before Christmas, and it was BUSY!! ;) We lucked out on the weather though... one of the warmest Christmas season's I remember here in Minnesota. And thankfully so, as we had a great turn-out for our special day, too.

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple and God bless! <><

Dr. D said...

Happy Anniversary!! :-)

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary, Jean! 29 years~ wow

Our anniversary is Dec. 22nd. I sure my mom would have preferred a January wedding.

How fun to celebrate with Katie and Devan.

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary!! And yes, y'all are too young to be married that young - you must have been 5 when you got married!

Sue said...

Congrats on 29 years and many more wornderful fun filling years

Mandi said...

Happy Anniversary, and Congrats on 29 years!

quilt-n-mama said...

Happy Anniversary! We got married after Christmas in Dec. 15 years ago. It snowed like crazy that day but we were college students (I was working on my masters and teaching school so it was our only break time to do it unless we waited until summer and we just didn't want to wait! I too am so blessed by a Godly man who is my best friend and an awesome daddy! Happy 29 years! The dessert looks like it was awesome!

Janet and Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary you two! We just celebrated our 30th back in November. Did anyone of us ever think that at this stage in our marriage we would be bringing home our sons and daughters from China?!!

Janet and gang

Tesseraemum said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Wishing you 75 more wonderful Anniversaries!!

Adeye said...

Congrats on your very special day, friend. So glad you got to go out. What a wild ride the Father has had you on over the last few years. I bet you never saw the journey coming 29 years ago????


Tracy said...


"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Anita said...

Happy 29th Anniversary to both of you! And yummo on the Cheesecake Factory. Maybe this year will be our year for an anniversary dinner there....sounds good to me. :) We'll be celebrating 28 years this just a bit behind ya'll!

Stacy said...

Wow! Happy Anniversary!
You LOOK much too young to be married for 29 years!

Also, Ava is beautiful- that is such a sweet picture of her that you got.

I'm so looking forward to your trip the get the kids!

I'm thinking you must live in Minnesota?
And don't like Brett Farve? : )