Saturday, January 15, 2011

I-800 Approval!!

Praise God!!
Found out we were approved on January 11th! We got it in the mail today!! Our agency will have everything on Monday when they get to work! 
Next is our NVC letter which I think comes about 1-2 weeks from the approval date?

We got a little update on our little pumpkin! A new pic was included! Of course being her Momma , I examined it right away. She has a rash on her face- note to self bring
hydrocortisone cream for rashes.

It looks to me like she has only baby teeth- praying that's the case. We would love to experience the teeth falling out and the new teeth growing in!! The bigger girls can helps us with that because we are tooth fairy flops! They will love every minute of it!! It also means hopefully healthier teeth as an adult- and a chance to get a little fluoride in her!!

I'm already thinking I'll bring some barrettes. We need to let the world know she's a girl!!

Once again they sent the same measurements. This time I asked our agency to check on them. I explained that she would be in the 120% for American kids if she was actually that tall- and so very skinny. I am praying for accurate measurement- praying they take the time to actually measure her. With the ones we got her chest grew 1 cm- oh please people- measure the sweet girl!

Her feet are about a size 12. Anna's are about a size 10- I think Sam is a 10, too. 

They are questioning her eyesight. If they are wondering about it, it's my guess she will need glasses. Ava will be our first little one with glasses- how cute!!

We are now asking for an update on Samuel, too! I got him a little Viking jersey. (You'd think they'd be on sale after the season they just had, but the weren't- bummer. I got A. Peterson, NOT Brett F.)
The jersey will no doubt facilitate the instant bonding with his big bro, Johnny!
Seriously, Sam will put it on and it's a done deal! Now if only I could find a t-wolves jersey, too!!

These are probably our last updates. We will send the children gifts next week. 
Can't wait to bring these two cuties home!!
Hoping it will happen in March!!


Stefanie said...

What wonderful news... and an update, too!! They are BOTH adorable :)
Now, bring on that TA!!

Jennifer said...

They are such cuties! Congratulations on your precious ones! Praying your TA comes quickly!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Ohhh....closer!!!!! Can't wait for you and them :) Love those smiles in those pics!!!!! Goosebumps :)

Shonni said...

I am SO EXCITED for you! She has such a precious smile. We are sending our our I800A right now, so I am just a step behind you!!!

Family said...

Yay maybe we will all see each other in China. We are about a week ahead of you. We were told by the NVC they sent our stuff to China on Friday and we got our I800 PA on the 10th so you should be getting your NVC letter this upcoming week (unless the holiday slows them down)or early the next week! We are getting closer!!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I am just SOOOO excited for you!

Susan A said...

I can't wait to see them home with you too! :)

your excitement is contagious :) so glad to hear about the 1-800 approval, halleluYah!!

and hoping that you'll get Ava's correct size pretty soon!

Jodi said...

Nothing better on this side of travel then to get updates and new photos of your children! Soo excited for y'all! They are soooo adorable!!!

Holly said...


Holly said...

Wow- this process has gone FAST!! :) :)
Can't wait to hear about Ava's REAL measurements! A Mama must know these things to be prepared! :)

Gayle said...

Now we just MUST get together! I have 2 little TWolves jerseys that need homes. You let me know a time that you are going to the mall or zoo or museum, I will pull Selah out of school and the girls and I will head north--I'm completely serious and always open for an adventure!

So excited for you, Jean! You are making me think we might need a couple of boys around here!!

Difference2This1 said...

Congratulations on getting another step closer!!! Blessings, Jennifer

Janet and Kevin said...

They are both just precious! Can hardly wait to follow your journey to both of them. Still praying for our decision! :)

janet and gang

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh, the hydrocortisone cream is what I forgot!!! Gracie I know has a rash too!!! NOt sure what it is though!!

Ava will be adorable with some girlie barettes in her hair. I think her face is a face of a precious girl already though. Obvious she is a girl!!!

Love the jersey for Sam!

So happy for I800! Being happy for you from China!!!

Hunan Mommy said...

Beautiful children! Our daughter had a similar rash on her face. It was caused by giardia. Everyone has it checked, but sometimes it's nice to have a heads up:-) Hope your letter and TA are just around the corner. Thanks for letting us follow along. So enjoy your blog!

TanyaLea said...

Yay!!! :) So happy you were blessed with a new photo and update of your beautiful girl. The measurements are SURELY still off. Crazy. Praying that they listen to your agency and take the time to truly get them right this time.

Sam just melts my heart...he is SOOOOOOOO cute! And Peterson was a great choice on the jersey!! ;) Check ebay for the T-wolves if you can't track one down in a store. Ya never know!! ;)

Dr. D said...

Yay for your approval!! Cute pics,too. :-) March is just around the corner.

David and Janet Hurley said...

Such sweet smiles! Your time is almost here, congrats!

Anita said...

YAY on your approval!!! LOVE the new pics, too!! They are both so adorable, Jean! I know you can't wait to get your arms firmly planted around their little bodies....forever! :)