Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Friends!!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! They are the medicine that I need to get re-energized! Usually I am okay with the direction and pace we are going in but then the world creeps in and I realize how different we are from other families. It is a difference that usually I relish but at times I worry where are we going and when will we "arrive". People ask the girls questions and usually they get a blank stare back- I tell them to smile and what to say. It does concern me that they don't even know their full name, their address, their telephone number- they just aren't able to do it yet- we have tried. I guess since it doesn't bother them - it shouldn't bother me!


Hubby read my post and I heard him laughing- I asked him "what are you laughing about- the grass is blue?" "No," he said "I'm laughing because you said Billy's girlfriend was on the right... honey, your daughter Katie is on the right, Kelly is on the left!" Then he looked at me and said "Blue, green, right, left, it doesn't matter!"


Your words were wonderful and reassuring! They were very insightful towards all that they have been through. I am going to approach our homeschooling with a different attitude and direction. Sarah was completely different- she was eager to learn. But Emma and Ellie have been so traumatized and most likely are not as resilient. They need the gift of time and we're going to give that to them. Prayers for the girls would be so appreciated!!


Now, I want to share with all of you a job I hope never to have to do!



Do you see the little dot up there by the top window! Oh My, Oh My That is scary!


I couldn't even let the kids watch him for fear they would distract him from his job and safety precautions!


It's a long way down. We are on the 18th floor out of 20 floors. We're in one of the shorter buildings. 


We ate lunch on the deck and there was another guy on the other side of us- Yikes!


I could never do his job- God Bless Him! I prayed for their safety as they worked!

(We still don't have internet- I am really missing it. Probably won't have it back until we get home on Sunday.)

7 comments:

Angie said...

I giggled when I saw that you mixed up your daughter with his girlfriend, too! Just an FYI...it took Amarin almost one year to learn his phone number and address, and he's still learning our names. We're just "mom and dad!" It will all come together, friend, in God's time! Have fun!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Yikes....couldn't do that job either, but thankful there are those who can. :)

Hmmm.....kind of what we do. Some people wouldn't do it, but then we can with God!!! :)

Sally-Girl! said...

Glad you are doing better!!!! Cuz I am going need ya in 10 days for 15 days straight!!!!!!

Love ya!!!

Holly said...

Praying for those girls and you. Never you worry. God has got you ALL in His very big hands. : )

Lori said...

Yeah, I cracked up over the Katie/girlfriend mix-up. Jim is right...it doesn't matter! LOL.

Glad you are doing better.

OH and the window washer job is terrifying. There is NO WAY I could ever do that. NO WAY.

Serving the King said...

Awww, I missed a day of blogging so I missed your needing encouragement post! Girl I woulda been all over that!! Keep your eyes on Him my friend, He will guide your through this! You are an incredibly lady whom I am privileged to call a friend. Go enjoy that vacay! Be blessed!

Pam said...

Yikes! I would NOT want that job!

I left you a very long comment yesterday. So long, in fact, that blogger said it was too long and wouldn't accept it. Then it all went away. Sigh....

A very much shortened version~ you are a great mom, doing all the right things and it's just going to take some time. Also, I wanted to remind you of something I learned during my Hague training. A brain that is in a flight or fight mode cannot learn. Until the girls are more settled within their family and can fully trust, and the brain connectors begin to be re-set, a lot of learning will probably not take place. Just keep lovin' on them. The rest will come with time. The 5 months they've been with you is just not that long compared to the 8-10 years of what went on in China.

Hang in there!