Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who Will Travel?

I am still doing handsprings about yesterdays post! I am so in love with God! He truly amazes me- over and over again!


We are talking about who will be traveling to China this trip. We thought about bringing the whole crew- which would be quite the site. Last week we heard from our friend and she is able to stay with the kids. We are very happy it works for her- it wasn't that long ago that we were in China and as you all know it is quite expensive.


This trip we are visiting friends in Beijing and then going onto Zhengzhou in Henan Province and down south to GZ. We are planning to make it a shorter trip than last time and get home to the kids asap!


Hubby and I will be going for sure - I am so glad he can go, especially with 2 little ones- 5.5 and 4.5 yrs. I know their not babies but they are little to me! We are also thinking about bringing Sarah with us. She is excited to go back to China with us and she is such a sweet girl- she will be a huge help! Sarah is crazy for children! Honestly God new exactly what he was doing when he made her our daughter! She is so much like me- loves kids, loves control and can be bossy at times- where practically twins! Sometimes I have to remind her- I'm the Momma and your the little girl! She has developed a wonderful sense of humor and she will look at me and smile while saying "Ohhhhh, ya, that's right!)


The other positive thing about bringing Sarah is- a couple weeks ago she was saying to me while we were in the car- Mom, say a sentence in English and I'll say it back to you in Chinese." Sentence after sentence, she did that without any problem. We were shocked! She has these moments when her Chinese comes back to her- it is so cool! We think going to China in July really helped her Chinese and going again in March would again help her to continue to speak it!


We are feeling like Emma and Ellie should stay home. They are already struggling with English and we want them to continue making progress instead of going backwards. I do not think Emma will be able to maintain two languages. I am guessing she will continue to understand Chinese but hopeful she will at some point be fluent in English (with time). (I don't really want to be away from them but I gotta do what I gotta do)


Anna.... ahhhh, well she's not really very helpful! She will have the joy of meeting her new sibs once we come home! I am sure she will have mixed emotions- excited to see people her height - new bro, new sis and yet at the same time wondering what the heck are they doin in my house and sittin on my Momma's lap?!


Oh Yes, you are wondering about Katie? Ahhhh, she's not invited! Just kidding- although her work ethic did plummet (to an all time low) last time in China she is actually unable to go- she has a job and a few plans of her own. The timing didn't work for her. We will miss her because even though she didn't work too hard, she was lots of fun!


Soooo. at this point it is Dad, Mom and big sis Sarah going to China!
I am getting excited but wow, do I have a lot to do! Can't wait to show you the boy room!! I'm working on it!!

15 comments:

Jboo said...

So excited for all of you! I'm sure it will be an amazing trip! You are inspiring!

Janet

Holly said...

I cannot wait to follow along! And it sounds like a perfect little group going. I am sure Sarah will eat up the alone time with Mom and Dad and then enjoy being the big helper. And I love the picture!

Adeye said...

So very excited for your family. Can't wait for them to be HOME!

Janet and Kevin said...

With other children at home (like little ones that we both have) it makes a difference about deciding who will go and who will stay, doesn't it! We, too, are considering taking Philip back with us but definitely we are leaving Elijah home. He is not helpful at all! Lovable, but not helpful! :)

God bless your decision on who goes and who stays.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

:)
janet and gang

God's Grace said...

Gosh I remember when you brought Sarah home! I look at her smile now and it is amazing! What a wonderful daughter you have :) and how your family has grown (and continues to grown) since then. I'm close to TA for our 13 year old daughter. exciting! Terry

Anita said...

Wow Jean...all of your excitement about travel is getting me even more excited, too!! That is amazing how fluent Sarah is in both Chinese and English... quite amazing! And what a help she will be on your trip!! Can't wait to follow you to your new sweet ones.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great plan!

Susan A said...

Your excitement is contagious, looking forward to the two little children come home with you, Jim and Sarah :)

Sophie said...

Bless your heart, I don't know how you do it! So thrilled for you

Tesseraemum said...

Fun!! What about Johnny?! He IS finally getting a little brother!!
Although...If he is anything like our teenage boy,Isaac, he would probably be more apt to stir the short people into a frenzy on a regular basis, which would really not be helpful!!Hee HEE Sheri

Nancy said...

Sounds like the perfect plan to have Sarah go with you. Sure does sound like everything is falling in place.

From the Erben Gang..... said...

I agree. That sounds like a perfect travel plan!

Difference2This1 said...

Sounds like a pretty special plan for your sweet Sarah :) It will be nice for her to have her parents to herself for a bit- and a chance to be a great helper! Blessings, Jennifer

Susan A said...

I just had a look and uh, did I say Jim and Sarah? I meant, Jean and Jim! :)

TanyaLea said...

I think you, hubby and Sarah are the perfect travel group for this trip. Sarah is such a sweetheart and so well-adjusted. I think this trip will be good for her and the family.

I also agree it is much too soon for Emma and Ellie to go back for a visit. You have much wisdom, my friend.

Anna... ohhhh, she is just a fun little firecracker. I can't get enough of that girl!! Wish we could've gotten to play group earlier last week so I could've mingled with you more. I have so many questions I want to ask you about, including little 'L'!! ;)

I can't wait to follow along on yet another journey of your's and watch your family blossom and grow some more! There is much LOVE in your home and it makes me smile to see it grow! God bless! <><