Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy New Year!


In the morning we went to the play "If you give A Moose A Muffin".
The girls love the book and they enjoyed the play just as much! 
We went with another Mom and her daughter (Liz and Zoey)!


All the girls are used to doing this. It's Emma and Ellie's 3rd play. They sit nicely and are attentive!!
I think they were actually able to follow the play- I think, I hope!


Honestly, I didn't even know it was Chinese New Year. Liz asked what we were doing in the evening- ahhh, nothing? Oops, so we made a quick decision to go out for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant!


Oh course, once we were there someone had to ask us about the red envelopes- shhhhh, I said!
Ya, just can't do it all! I was happy to even be there- let's call it a victory and a wonderful celebration!


They were all thrilled to get chopsticks with their dinner! 


Except when Emma and Ellie tried to use them they had forgotten how? We were so surprised.
Sarah remembers how and Anna does pretty good with them but Em and El switched to the fork!


It was a really nice evening! Katie and Devan joined us- we all had a great time!
I am becoming a minimalist- and this type of celebration worked out great for a last minute planner, like me!


On Saturday evening we went to a New Years party with our playgroup! The girls dressed in their traditional dresses- we went to church and on to the party! They felt so special in their dresses! Everyone had a great time!!

11 comments:

Jodi said...

sounds like the perfect day! and an impromtu is perfect too!
your girls look so beautiful in their dresses!

Cari said...

you do a great job just "winging it"...lol! Your girls look beautiful in their matching pink dresses.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Beautiful dresses!!!
Love those smiles :) And the play sounds great!

Lori said...

Oh gosh, I wish I had known...I have a bunch of red envelopes I could have sent you!

Sounds like you handled it wonderfully though!

Sally-Girl! said...

That is a great photo of the girls in their dresses!!! All are smiling and so happy!!!

I love that you are striving to become a minimalist!!!

Janet and Kevin said...

Your girls are just precious! Those smiles!!

We got together with Philip's travel group for our Chinese New Year's celebration and had a blast. All the other children were in their Chinese silks, but I forgot to dress my boys in their outfits! Oh well, they still looked cute.

Hugs to you guys,
janet and gang

Sue said...

beautiful pictures with their traditional dresses on. I am sadden that I missed you. Hope to see you soon.

Faye Verquer said...

WOW Im thinking Emma is growing like a weed!! I LOVE her smile! All of your girls are beautiful! You did a fantastic job!

Faye

Future Mama said...

They are SO adorable!!!

Much love,
Future Mama
http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

Shonni said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!
The pictures of the girls are so nice.

Holly said...

okay, it's time- I can't hold it anymore, I must ask-
HOW do you get your girls to all dress alike every day? I think most if not all of the photos you post of them have them sporting matching clothes! Surely they have days where they don't want to match? Right? And how do you keep track of them all? Do you keep outfits alike all in the same drawer? what is your method of organization? I can imagine in MY house someone would be whining that they didn't LIKE zebras and were NOT going to wear that shirt or that someone flat out couldn't FIND her zebra shirt, etc.
I really would love to hear how you get them to all dress alike and keep track of their clothes!
I only have four children and at any given time someone has a favorite item of clothing that has gone missing!!
Blessings,
Holly