Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting for CA, The Bunk Beds and a BIG win in Phoenix!

No CA yet. I have been hovering over my emails in hopes it would arrive. They are expecting it tomorrow. 
I am just so grateful to God that we are heading to China to get these two darlins!!


The three sets of bunks are all set up and almost ready!
We still need to get a quilt on Ava's bed but will get that done soon. So are you thinking green on her bed... or pink... or green with polkas dots... or pink with polka dots?? Now you are understanding why it takes me longer than most to get anything done! We get the chamois duvets from PBK and they are so soft and easy to make- which is necessary when dealing with bunk beds! The bunk beds are from Hayneedle dot com and are very reasonably priced!


Samuel will sleep in the blue bed on the left and Sarah will be above him. Ava is straight ahead and Emma is above her. Ellie is on the top over to the right and Anna is under her!


I mentioned to them that they could split up into different rooms if they wanted too and they all shouted NO!


We had to take out the reading chair- there just wasn't enough room. To be honest- we can't fit enough kids on it anymore anyways. It has moved to the playroom.

When I read to the children I usually sit on the floor and two sit next to me and two sit behind me and look over my shoulder. Not sure what the new sitting arrangement will be with 6 but it always seems to work out! Sarah is also reading to the kids now, too! She does a great job and is very proud of herself!

The boy room is in progress. I am painting a stripe around the room... not sure how it is going to turn out? So I'm thinking even if it doesn't turn out good feel free to lie to me and say it's wonderful! ;-)

You know it will be boy(s) in there soooo if your boys are like my boys - they won't even notice how good it is or isn't!

I forgot to mention two weeks ago when we were in Phoenix for a soccer tournament- our team won! The whole thing! Pretty cool!!


The boys were thrilled! It was a big tournament to win!


As you can see they are jumping for joy!

17 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I just re did Lillys room to make room for her new brother.....finding bedding was harder than you may think for a boy and a girl to co ordinate. I ended up finding it at PBK as well.

Angie said...

You have one full room!! We only have duvets on our kids' beds, too. They are so much easier for them to make up in the AM! Now, come on CA!! Let's get this trip set!

Mandi said...

Oh, I am getting so excited for you. LOVE the bunk beds and the set up. As for the comforter, I would definitely go with a pink one. Just my opinion...

I can't wait to follow your blog to China and back again. I think I am going to live through you while I wait to get Keliah. My good friend is also waiting on her CA, I am assuming you will be in GZ together.

Keep us updated...

Faye Verquer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the room!! Its awesome! Im so excited for you!

Cari said...

I showed my oldest daughter {whose 14} this post and she said the room looked really cute with the bunkbeds set up like they are.

I'm a person of balance and order so I think you should go with green on Ava's bed since you have pink on the top and the other two bunks have the green on top. It would contrast nicely that way...but that's just my two cents! :)

Sarah said...

LOVE the room...so fun that they all want to be together!

Sally-Girl! said...

Room is great!!! And I have no fashion sense to bother answering whether you do green or pink!!!

Hurry Up CA!!!!

Susan A said...

Loved the look of the room :)

and congratulations on your boy's soccer team winning!

p.s. I like pink with pink polkadots, but green's fine too :)

Dr. D @ Curls and Twirls said...

Cute bunks. :) You must be soooo excited.

Sara said...

What a CUTE bedroom!! Love it! Looks so fresh and colorful.Whatever you decide, it'll be perfect!

My 4yr.old little girl was looking at your blog with me and REALLY, as she told me,"needs some sparkly pink shoes like those ones." Where did you find those?, they are so cute. I found some sparkly shoes at Stri.de Ri.te, but these I actually like better :-).

Lynne said...

I'm so happy, thrilled, and excited for all of you. The bedroom is just fabulous - and I love so much how they all want to be together ! I want to bunk on the floor so I can be in on all of the love and fun. :))

mary said...

Love, love, love the room and love that they all want to be together. And remember, Jean, all that needs to get done, will get done.

Jennifer said...

Love the white bunks! They look awesome in there!!!

Nicole A. said...

Yay - CA!!!

That room is so cute! I would have absolutely loved it when I was a kid. What great memories they will make in there together! And what a sense of family and security, with their sisters and brother so close. Love it!

All the best,
Nicole A., now in LA

Hezra said...

oooh, so sweet! I love it! I may be doing something similar soon....

TanyaLea said...

I loved that room one year ago, and I love it even more now!! :) It just makes me smile looking at it. I can imagine all the giggles that will go on in that room. And all the love that will pour out from their mama as she tucks them in at night!! SOON, my friend... VERY, VERRY soon! :)

And great job to the boys on their big win... what fun!

(((hugs)))

David and Janet Hurley said...

Jean, I remembered this post, and looked back for it. How did you know that Hayneedle was durable, and good quality? I am kind of nervous about buying big ticket items on the web. I am looking for a boys bed. Thanks