Saturday, March 19, 2011

We're in Beijing!

We got to the airport on Thursday in time to find out that our flight was going to leave 4 hours late, which meant we would not make our connection in Seattle. They were able to rebook us on a flight that went from Chicago to Beijing! We arrived 2.5 hours later than originally planned and everything went as smooth as could be!! So very thankful!!

Today was spent visiting friends and the children at their care center!

This little guy is up for adoption! I hear he is on the CCAI waiting child list! He is as cute as can be!

So is this sweetie but I am not sure which agency or list. If you have seen her please let us know so we can get the word out! She is so cute, has a ton of hair and kissable cheeks!

Sarah loved all the babies! As soon as we left she said she wanted to go back again!

Jet lag set in during the late afternoon so we had to call it a day.
If you have not visited the Morning Star blog- please do- it is on my sidebar! It is so amazing to see these children who have been so sick, who would have surely died but are now thriving, joyful children waiting for families. Only God could have done this!

A day before leaving I came down with a cold. God was so good and took away the body aches but now it has turned into laryngitis- there is nothing left of my voice and we meet Ava and Sam in less than 48 hours. Please pray that my voice returns and that I am back to myself as soon as possible!

Thank you and God Bless you!

(Sally is blogging for me! Thank you Sally!! The VPN is not working- so bummed. Hoping it will work in GZ!)


Lori said...

I'm so thankful to hear that you made it safe and sound! I've been praying!

LOVE the pictures of all the babies at Morning Star! Gasp! They are precious beyond words. Hope you had a great visit with B & L. They are such gracious hosts!

Blog often, my friend! (Well, Sally!) I can't wait to read frequent posts!

Kristy said...

Been praying the past two days for you and your fam and will continue to do so!

I am so glad you got to visit MS. I just love Josiah:) I pray he will soon be considered for adoption. You will have to tell me about him some time:)

So happy and excited for you guys!!


Dr. D @ Curls and Twirls said...

So glad you made it!! Praying for your voice!

Shonni said...

I will be praying for you! f I am so excited for you!!!

Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...

Soooo glad to hear from you!! I've been checking several times a day to find out where you were.
I'm praying for your voice and for the new children's hearts, that the transition will be easy on them!!
Please continue to include us, your loyal fans and those living ficariously thru you on your journey of love!!

God Bless You!!
Miss Lila

Faye Verquer said...

So Thankful you made it safely and are in a GREAT place to celebrate!! LOVE the pictures of your sweet girl loving on those sweet babes!!!

Karen said...

So glad you guys made it there safely. Love the babies at Morning Star. They are ALL adorable. Those boys....just precious! We will be praying for you guys as you meet precious Ava and Sam.

Melissa said...

Glad you made it. Praying for you all and that you get to feeling better. Oh and the babies are so precious !!!

Mom to my China Posse said...

Oh tell me about that sweet little girl!!!!

Sarah said...

So glad that you arrived safely and were able to love on those sweet babies.

Praying for your health, and for Ava and Sam as they prepare to meet you.


Janet and Kevin said...


Thank you so much for the update. Praying for your voice to come back, for you to feel great again, and for your transition with Sam and Ava to go very well.

Hugs from Indiana
janet and gang

Karin said...

So glad you made it. I'll pray that your cold goes away and that you get your voice back. LOVED the pics of B & L's kids. :) Swoon! They are so precious. Love the photo of Sarah and Luke. :))))))))

Did you get a photo of Joy? Would love to see one if you did. :)

Holly said...

Hooray!! You are there, and how awesome that you visited Morning Star! Our daughter, Cassandra worked with Bill and Lynsay there for 6 months last year. We have a special love for them and those precious babies. : )

Jen said...

Glad you all made it safely. Prayers for good health. Can't wait to hear about your Gotcha Days with Ava and Sam!

Cari said...

So cool to see the pics from MSF! Glad you all made it safe and praying for your voice to return! Can't wait to see the Gotcha Day pictures of your son and daughter!!!!

Nancy said...

Sarah looks so happy! She has such a kind heart for the littler ones. I bet MSH was so happy to have visitors. Thinking of you as you near meeting your newest sweet ones!

Tammy said...

Hi Jean!
I am on the CCAIWCP yahoo group with you. I will be praying for your voice and for gotcha day.

Tammy in CO

Robin said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jean!! I saw that precious lil peanut with the pretty pink cheeks...Have you found out anything about her? I'd love to know! :)


TanyaLea said...

ohhh my!!! ...just look at all of those precious babies!!!!!

I'm heading over to your travel blog, now. SO excited for you and can't wait to meet your newest additions and watch you drive up with Vannah!! ;) I love the 'feminine product' advertisement comments, too.... totally made me giggle! :) I think she's a beauty and will contain the most precious cargo around!

Praying for your voice to come back and the symptoms to subside so that you can enjoy your time with your babies and be able to TALK to them. A "Jean" that can't talk just doesn't seem right!! ;)

Love you, dear friend, and SOOOOOOO glad we got our computer fixed ontime to follow your travel blog. I would've been beside myself in wonder!

Big hugs and we can't wait to hear all about your special day!