Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Blessed Easter!

It is 4 of our children's very first Easter at home! Emma, Ellie, Ava and Sam have never experienced this  wonderful holiday celebration -the resurrection of Jesus, the gift of the Holy Spirit, life after death, the forgiveness of sins, the depth of God's love for us and what he has done for us! Can it get any better than that? I don't think so!

On top of all that it just happens to be the most beautiful day we have had in about the last 7 months! So may reasons to give thanks and to celebrate!

Auntie Kathy sent the kids bunny ears! They were a big hit!

When the kids woke up they went with Dad for coffee! They love doing that on the weekends! Someone at the coffee shop said to him- oh, it must have been a sleepover! Yep, something like that! 
;-) 


So much to be thankful for!


Then we had a peaceful small breakfast and we were off to church. I really can't imagine not going to church on this day. I see some people doing their yard work and I think "not today- go to church and give thanks"! Celebrate the resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ! There were times when our older children were little that it just didn't work out for us- someone was sick- it always left me with an empty feeling.

Then it was off to brunch at our favorite place! It was almost empty(no wait) because most families are having a brunch at home! We out smarted everyone again, Ha!! Yes, I know we(I) took the easy way out but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!

If you are wearing a twirl dress, it is only natural to twirl!

Then it was back home for an Easter egg hunt! We have to do our egg hunt in shifts now or the littles would end up with nothing! AND of course the 23 and 17 yr old still wanted in on the hunt!


Shift #2 is waiting patiently for their turn to find the Easter eggs!


Yay Sam!


The egg hunt was a success as far as these two were concerned!



And these two enjoyed it also!


After the hunt the children got Easter pails!


And bubble guns!


JOY!


Since it is so nice out we have to enjoy this while we can, so we took the bubble guns outside!!


300-500 bubbles per minute!


He finally has his very own Daddy to shoot with bubbles. 


Bubbles everywhere!


There are a few things we left out this year. Hubby and I are trying to be nice to ourselves. We can't do it all BUT we are enjoying what we are doing!!

Katie went to Colorado to see Matt, Caitlin and Mark. It just so happens to be Mark's 21st Birthday today!! 
Happy Birthday Mark!! 
They did a little celebrating with him! I didn't ask for details and if I hear anything I won't be sharing it! He will be home next weekend to celebrate with us!

Katie will be home this evening to join us for Easter dinner! 

Thank you Jesus for dying for us so that we can have life and for the blessings we have because you love us so much!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the bunny ears and twirling dresses!!! Happy Easter!

Sally-Girl! said...

Love it all my dear friend, love seeing your children around you! You have had a very full day by the sounds of things, so contrary to our day.

He is Risen!!!

Serving the King said...

Oh Jean, that picture of the girls all twirling is STUNNING!! Gracious my friend, that needs to be printed and promptly hung up in a frame! Love it girl! Happy Easter to you my friend, He is Risen!

Difference2This1 said...

Oh my...you are good! I delegated the hunt to the older girls- I just didn't have it in me this year. I even delegated them to stuff the eggs, holding back some of the candy so they would be excited to do this knowing they would still get the goods. The baskets...just threw a few odds and ends in hoping for the first time ever no one was keeping score. I think 75% of us actually got our hair combed today- although I think the odds are teeth brushing % is lower :( I'm amazed at how put together you had things!! You did good!! :) Blessings, Jennifer

Angie said...

What a fun, fun day. I just LOVE the twirling dresses!!

Lori said...

The twirling girlies pic is priceless!

And Sam shooting his daddy with bubbles...oh my goodness gracious. SO CUTE!!

Cari said...

Beautiful family pictures! Happy Easter to your family from ours.

Janet and Kevin said...

Love it! Celebrating Easter for the first time for so many of your children! And a day filled with fun and family, too! How good is our God!

Love in Christ,
janet and gang

Laura L. said...

Happy Easter! I loved the picture of the girls twirling in their dresses too. I had to show it to Alan. Then, I showed him the one of Jim and Sam, because next year our little boy will be here to celebrate Easter with us!

Yes, we are so blessed to be able to celebrate what Christ did for us. I loved being at church today too!

Karin said...

It is such a blessing to see you surrounded by your precious treasures! At a time in your life when you could be taking it easy, traveling, etc., you have chosen instead to pour yourselves into the lives of some very special children. As a mom to a lot of little kiddos, I know how exhausting this can be--but I also know that the rewards far outnumber the sacrifices. Happy Easter to your whole family! Love the twirling dress picture. :))

Mandi said...

Happy Easter, dear friend! I have to tell ya, I laughed out loud at the first picture of Sam surrounded by all his sisters on the step. Poor boy, he may need a brother or two in the near future. He is a bit outnumbered.

Glad to hear all is going well and many Easter Blessing to you and your family.

Hugs,
Mandi

Sarah said...

LOVE these photos of all your beautiful children...makes me very teary-eyed.

Renee said...

LOVED it ALL!

Pam said...

And what is sweeter than a little girl twirling in her dress? 5 SWEET girls twirling in their MATCHING dresses! Love it!!!!!

TanyaLea said...

These are GREAT photos... love the bunny ears!! But I have to say, my very favorite is all of the girls twirling in the twirly-skirt-dresses!! I remember LOVING to twirl in my full skirts and dresses when I was little. Such cute princesses!!!

When we were looking through the pics, Khloe got all excited when we came to the photo of Anna and said, " I miss those. MOM! I miss her! I miss her!!" ...while pointing to Anna. SO cute! :)

Kim said...

You have a beautiful family!!

connie said...

Oh, goodness, what joy these pictures bring!!! You make raising a crowd look much too easy, my friend :) I LOVE the picture of the girls twirling! Something about that picture is just captivating.
Blessings to you!