Saturday, April 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home!!

We are so thankful to be back in the comforts of our own home!!

I have so much to say BUT not a very clear head to say it with so bare or bear  (please correct me) with me while I sort through our time in China and share with you hopefully over the next couple of days.

Our journey home was incredibly smooth- thank you so much for your prayers! I do plan to post in the near future "the truth about my travels"- it's nothing shocking just my our struggles with long distance traveling- maybe others share those struggles and will find it somewhat helpful.

We left GZ on Thursday eve @ 9:00 and arrived in LA at 7:00pm. For us- it was a good choice! We slept most of the way!

Sam cried as we got onto the plane- we think he was upset that he and Babba were split up from Ava, Sarah and I (I am sure I am giving myself way to high a statis here, my bets are on the fact that he didn't want to be separated from Ava and Sarah)! This was the first time he actually cried- otherwise he has been quite stoic.

The flight was long as it always is- miserably long but than it was throughout the night and thankfully the children slept a lot!! We had seats- they sounded so good on paper!! We really wanted those seat but when we got to the gate that was not the case. We could see the agent was doing his best so we grabbed what we could- turns out God had our backs!! We were in the back of the plan- yes the part where you really feel the turbulence! BUT also the part with all the extra wonderful beautiful seats!! because ya know no one else wants to sit there!!

Sam and Jim traded to be close to us and Sammy had an extra seat to stretch out on! Sarah moved back a row- and had two seats to herself. Ava has two seats to stretch out on!! It was a great deal!!
With about 4 hours left in the trip MOm( that would be ME!)  switched with Sarah and had 3 luxurious hours laying in two seats!! No complaints here! From the moment I found out our prime seats were not to be- I prayed and God delivered in a great way!
The bathroom was tucked around the corner- no obnoxious smells- all was good (Well, the foodddd- okay I'll stop there and be positive! ALL was good!

We landed in LA and we were doing pretty good! Took a while to go through customs but we did it and went to our hotel room 1 mile away from the airport. We had been warned that this plan may not work BUT it worked for us!! Ate at the hotel! I had myself a hamburger and loved every minute of it!
By 11:30 we realized we better attempt to go to sleep. Jim was with Ava and Sam, Sarah and I were together. We all slept until 4:00am! Then got ready to head back to the airport! Flight left on time and everything we well. 

Once again I have to say- I did not have my #1 photographer with me! I just snapped as I could!

We are so thrilled to be home! We missed the kids. They did great!! BUT missed us, too!

I will write more tomorrow- thank you for your prayers!!


Susan A said...

It is so wonderful that you are home now with all your children, praise the Lord!! :)

Glad to hear that the trip home went smoothly... and guess what? I just saw to the right of your blog and you have 199 followers!!! :D

Rebekah said...

Praise the Lord for a good trip home. I really was blessed by reading about your experience and am so glad you have your sweet children home!

We leave for China this Thursday for our two boys!

Lori said...

I am SO GLAD you made it back safely!! Isn't it the greatest thing ever to be your own COZY bed?! Oh, it's the BEST!

Can't wait to hear more!!

Oh and I'll see you in a couple weeks, right?! Yay! I hope you are still planning to come to our neck of the woods!

Angie said...

Welcome home, everyone! Is it me, or did your trip absolutely fly by this time? Can't wait to see how all the kids are doing together.

kippi said...

So glad you are all home. Praising God with you for a good trip. Hoping as a fellow MN that we will bump into each other some day.

Janet and Kevin said...


So glad you made it home safely and soundly, and now you can begin all that bonding and attaching with everyone! I really enjoyed following your trip, as always, and could hardly wait for your next update each day. Praying for a smooth transition home.

janet and gang

Pam said...

Welcome home!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Welcome home! Thanks for the update. Bearing with you all the way!!!

Tina said...


Updated by Lila Huggins (grandmother) said...


Can't wait to hear "the rest of the story"
So happy you're all home safe and sound! Loved the airport pictures with the "at home" kids! They all seemed so excited to see each other!

I love reading about your adventures and think you are a wonderful example to others adopting older children. Thank you for being so honest about how things are going!

God Bless You All! I'll be praying for the new adjustment period!

Love, Miss Lila in Atlanta

Sophie said...

So happy for your family, such an amazing family you are! Can't wait to hear the rest.

Sue said...

Glad to hear that you are home again, can't wait to see you all and meet Ava and Sam (hopefully in a couple of weeks)

Sally-Girl! said...

So so glad you are in text, phone call and email land again!!!!! Funny how you are so far away from me on a normal day, but seemed really far away when you are in that ancient land of China!!!!

You are a true blogger to get such a great post out on your first day home!!! Can't to see more photos of them all together!!!

Hope the meds are working and the cough goes away soon!! Love you mucho!!!

Shonni said...

Yea!!! I am so glad for you and your family. Praise the LORD that these precious ones are home!!!!
(I can’t wait till it’s my turn :) )

Holly said...

Welcome HOME!!! Now that you are home, I need to email you about what I had mentioned to you when you were in China.
I really do want to go back to China...but to visit....not for adoption purposes :)
A very expensive vist though, huh? :)
Can't wait to hear how the kids reacted to their new rooms!!

Adeye said... glad you are HOME (and I can comment again!). Rest and rest some more, friend. If that's even possible in your busy home :)

So glad your trip home went well. What a blessing.

Your children are absolutely DARLING!!!!!

Lynne said...

I can't tell you how thankful I am that all of you are safely home - and all together again. I loved following your trip - but I am so happy you are home now with all of your youngest treasures. I have prayed, without ceasing, for all of you in China, and your family at home. I am rejoicing that you are all back together. Praise His holy name !! Thank you for the wonderful pictures of all of the beautiful smiling faces. Happiness !!! I just cannot wait for your updates and pictures.

Difference2This1 said...

Yea!! So glad you made it home. The photos are priceless!! Prayers for an easy adjustment back to US time!! Blessings, Jennifer

Hunan Mommy said...

Welcome home!

TanyaLea said...

I'm so glad God worked out all the details, even with the seating situations. Glad to hear all was good (even the food!?!) LOL!! ;)

Welcome home!!! Minnesota missed you! :)

Jennifer said...

Welcome back!!!!
It was wonderful, being able to follow along on your journey!!!