Friday, April 15, 2011

Noticing the Difference!

I have started so many post and been unable to finish them. Six kiddos is definitely keeping us busy! We notice a difference. We are running the dishwasher twice a day and laundry is at an all time high!

I am consistently running out of cups, silverware and plates- not to mention all the napkins we go through and then my thoughts venture to the environment and all the trees that our family alone will be responsible for cutting down- oh my! Chairs are another issue- I always thought we had soooo many but not so- when the kids sit up at the counter there are a few that share. Yes, the large round table works wonderfully BUT I love the counter- easy serving and easy clean up! Someone asked about the size of that round table- it is a 78 inch round(6ft 6 in). We can fit 12 people around it!

Although everything is going well I am finding that I need to find a little peacefulness in all the activities. We were set to go out of town and meet up with a bloggy friend this weekend - wonderful Lori from joy unspeakable. We have met before but I was looking forward to connecting in person again.

Something inside me is earning for peace. I just couldn't pack and get everyone in Vanna for the trek south.
With DR appts and trying to find a new normal- we are all more tired than usual. Down time is what we needs- so I had to cancel- BUMMER.

I have been a little out of sync- not as patient as I could be. The upper respiratory thing is still not GONE. It must have morphed in China and is hanging on- it's much better BUT hanging on. I know my morning latte is aggravating it. Yes, if I would just not have that daily does of caffeine and milk, it most likely would be gone by now! 


When Mom is off- everything is off. The kids need Momma to be patient and peaceful- so I am trying my hardest to be what they need me to be.

Hoping this weekend we can take a deep breath!



15 comments:

Jodi said...

so sorry you are still feeling under the weather! I'm also sorry you are unable to get away - but maybe it is for the best. Don't "cancel" instead "reschedule" :) How are the sleeping arrangements going?

Shonni said...

I pray that you can rest and breath this weekend. And pray that you feel better soon!

Angie said...

Give it time, friend. We only have 5 at home, and it took a good long time before I felt like I had a handle on things...and there are days when I feel like it's still survival of the fittest. I have spent A LOT of time in Isaiah 40. Laura was horribly sick this week, and that compounded the stress. But today we took a day off to clean, organize, and play. Yes...a deep breath and a day at a time. BTW...your little guy looks a little outnumbered by all those girls...just sayin...:)

Lori said...

I am SO SAD we can't get together....but I totally understand!! You definitely need to stay home and get over that darn respiratory thing!

REST, REST, REST!!!

Oh and as far as napkins go...I bought several "bundles" of wash clothes at Wal Mart and we use them as napkins. SO EASY to throw into the laundry with everything else and much less expensive than always buying paper. Oh and yes, less trees. LOL

GET WELL!!!

Janet and Kevin said...

Those first few weeks home are difficult to get a handle on. I came home very sick last year, too, and it took a long time to get better. Lack of sleep doesn't help! Get better soon.

:)
janet

God's Grace said...

Love the counter! wish I had one! I know what you mean by "out of sorts" I'm living it... We meet only breifly in China,(at the medical clinic) but I'm glad we did. Your large family is so refreshing...do you think you're family is complete? I keep asking God that question for around here...Blessings to you! Terry

kippi said...

Just want to say that I am praying for you - for healing and strength.
God bless you and your family.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying you find that peacefulness. Your kiddos however are SOO CUTE!!!!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Take a deep breath my dear sweet friend maybe we will be able to find time to talk this weekend!!! Sunday I will be headed back to Philly!

Loving your sweet faces at the counter!!!

And I LOVE Lori's idea of the cheap walmart washcloths for napkins. I use cloth and they are just too big for their little faces.

Annie said...

Oh Jean, give yourself a little break, sweetie:):) You will find a new "normal" and things will eventually get more peaceful, maybe not as peaceful as before but it will get better and you will feel better and Mom will be "back" and all will be right with the world again!!! LOL!

David and Janet Hurley said...

Thanks for the table measurements!! I'll have to lay out a measuring tape in my kitchen and see if that would fit...not that I can buy a new table now...but eventually.
I hope you are able to just lay around and relax this weekend. It usually takes us a month or more to feel normal, even without being sick.

Difference2This1 said...

Oh, no!! I don't want to hear that you are noticing a difference with 2 more. I'm living in my naive world that the workload won't change much so I'm plugging my ears and squeezing my eyes shut to that info!!! :)

Note on cups: drives me crazy. We took a clear cutting board, traced round circles in permanent marker on the back, they wrote their names (backward so you could see from the top side- they had fun trying this). They use their same cup all day (rinsed out if it had something like milk/juice in it so it doesn't get yucky) without sharing eachother's germs because they got mixed up or making me wash 1000 cups per day. Small thing, but pretty big positive impact :) I take no credit for this idea- it was on someone else's blog!

Prayers for a peaceful weekend!


Blessings, Jennifer

Laura L. said...

Thanks for your comment about my little accident. Yes, I'll mend. :)

Look at all 6 of those beautiful faces! Oh yes, I imagine it will take a while to find the new normal and get a handle on what it takes to get things done.

I hope that you will be completely well very soon.

Jennifer said...

Praying for peace for you and a new normal that settles in soon.

Jennifer

Holly said...

Praying for you and your new normal! I'm sure it will just take time to transition, and all be so much better too when you feel BETTER!