Monday, June 13, 2011

Not Me, Not Me... I do, I do!!

Billy decided to join us after we were already out boating so we picked him up at the dock.
I asked the children who has to go to the bathroom since one was right there and once we took off... well, there would be no bathroom!

Sarah said "Not Me"

And echoing right behind her were five others saying "not me"!

I was having a hard time believing all those "not me's"!
So I said...

Sarah has to go to the bathroom... now who else does?

And right away I heard "I do, I do, I do, I do, I do"!
Yep... that's what I thought!

We are finding that the younger 5 want to do what Sarah is doing and Sarah is tired of being copied all the time. 
Now we ask everyone else and then she gives her answer!
We are trying to have independent thinkers!

And this goes for -
what kind of cereal they want for breakfast
what clothes are they going to wear for the day
what activity they want to do when they have free time
their favorite color
where they will sit for lunch
in other words


Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, love your narrative - so darn cute !!! I'm sitting here giggling! As always, I love every picture. I just can't get enough of their beautiful happy and smiling faces. What a boatload of love !! :))

Sue said...

We have one of those too.....but we are smart moms and can catch on to their little tricks.

Janet and Kevin said...

That is such a cute picture of your littles cuddled up with their older brother.

janet and gang

Adeye said...

Aaahhhh....the pics are simply wonderful! What beautiful family memories you're making this summer, friend.

We too have issues with the young ones wanting to do what the oldest does :) Oh the joys!

Lori said...

That's how Lucy is with Macy. And now Isaiah wants to do everything Lucy does...and it annoys her. Good grief.

Love the pics!! So fun!!

Cari said...

Great observation, Jean, and great solution. It will be interesting to learn what they really think....hmmm. :)

Sarah said...

Oh, but it's so sweet that they love Sarah so much!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Yep, that is a hard one sometimes. Love to copy the olders...

Jennifer said...

Such a wonderful burden/privilege being the oldest is. Looks like a beautiful day for your family.

Karin said...

Oh my 12 year old is having the same issue! She is getting so bugged when everyone copies her. Sigh.... Good idea to have the little kids pick first. :)

Karen said...

Love the last picture!! Too precious:-) The rest are great too. I just love how peaceful they all look.

We had the same issue. Now we start at the youngest and work our way up.

Chris said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time the pictures.

I do like your approach to solving 'the bathroom issue'. Very smart! :)