Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Snag... What do you think?

We are working hard to get these two cuties home. We have USCIS approval and should be DTC's in about 2 weeks.

We decided to try to ask Ch*na to expedite their adoptions based on their medical conditions.

Often times I do not think of the seriousness of their diagnosis,  but I can't lie ... it scares me. I get a nervous feeling in my stomach and then immediately hand it over to HIM.
It is so much bigger than me...

We know that they are ours. 
That God has planned for them to come home to our home and that we will be their forever family.
This amazes me...how does he do it? 
How does he have everything happen at just the right time so that it works out perfectly!



We were able to contact the local adoption clinic who reviewed Mia's file and they wrote us a letter requesting Ch*na to please consider expediting her adoption based on her medical diagnosis.
When I read the letter, it once again reminded me that our dear girl has to get the Dr asap. GULP...


 We also asked the local Pediatric Cardiologist (who has Luke file and is planning to see him when we bring him home) if he would write a letter for Luke's adoption process to be expedited. 
The list of Luke's heart ailments is very long...
He supposedly had a complete repair in Israel- which is totally possible- God's hands have been all over this little boy since the day he arrived at his foster home.
However, even if he is totally cured I would think that any physician would want him home asap- to monitor, to have tests to see where he really is at- health wise...

His Pediatric Cardiologist refused to write the letter...

Honestly- I was shocked...
As we have adopted we have come across wonderful physicians who have gone out of their way to help the children... and this one said "No, he wasn't comfortable because he has never seen Luke..."

"Of course you have never seen Luke...
He is an orphan in Ch*na..."

Even as I type this I am shocked at his response...

5 minutes, that's all it would take to help an orphan...

I find myself getting completely irritated all over again... as I type this...

I can only think, he has not reviewed Luke's file, he doesn't understand adoption, he is dealing with something else right now or, or, or, or...
I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's hard to do... 

I have sent another email and called the office.
If we continue to wait for them to finally act appropriately we lose precious time...
So we are thinking of proceeding and having only Mia's request submitted and pray that Ch*na will allow their adoption to be expedited based on Mia's health...

I have considered behaving badly and going to the clinic... tomorrow and talk to whoever will see me... I am a very determined person.

BUT
usually behaving badly isn't the answer...

So would you pray for them?
That they would do what is right and good!
That they would take the time for a child.

Yes, it makes me not even want to bring Luke to them if they are so lacking in compassion, ugh. (however they are the best group in the area AND if we find they are not experienced in Luke's situation we will go elsewhere)
Maybe there are circumstances that I do not understand right now that has caused this very poor reaction to our request? Maybe we can let them know so the next time they make a different choice?
But maybe I need to swallow my pride, trust God and just move forward as is-
 We are so close to being DTC'd.
We can't let the opposition detour us.
If we just keep going in the right direction and trust HIM and don't let a snag get us down then maybe all will be well and we can get these two darlings home asap!

What do ya think?

17 comments:

Serving the King said...

Hmmmmmm, that's a toughie. Question: Does the letter have to be from the cardiologist that you are planning to have Luke seen by? Could you ask someone else? Maybe someone else we know that wrote a letter for a certain little someone that is going to be our son? Regardless, we know Who has it all worked out! Rest in that my friend!

Shonni said...

I am so sorry Jean....and I am praying for your precious angels!!!

Jennifer said...

I am sorry, too. So frustrating to not be moving forward as fast as possible for the children's sake. Will pray for the sweet children that seem like they are already part of your family.

J

Gina said...

I think, that your cardiologist may be educated in cardiology, but NOT in adoption. Most likely he thinks that by writing the letter he could be liable for something or possible false information.

Chris said...

I will be praying that this doctor's heart be softened....so that he will agree to write the letter you need for Luke.

BTW, WOW!!! I had no idea you guys were adding to your family!!

How incredibly wonderful!

Rebekah said...

What do I think? I think it makes me mad. :(. But I will too pray that the Lord will soften his heart. God definitely has all the details, and we so often have to wait and see how everything plays out. But I can't see how that dr can sleep at night now. He definitely has no idea about the plight of orphans.

Janet and Kevin said...

Praying here in Indiana.

Hugs,
janet and gang

Mom to my China Posse said...

I will be praying as well. I think I might also be looking for another doctor!

living4him5 said...

Please know I'll be praying for you. We are in the same situation with our little Gracie in China. Like Luke, she has a serious heart problem. We are trying everything in our power to get her home as quick as possible. We recently hit a stumbling block which has been brining me to my knees...a lot!

Scary and frustrating!!!! Good thing God is on our sides!!

Hang in there!!!

God bless,
Amy
myfourblessings

Lynne said...

Sending my prayers, Jean. It's difficult to know the reasons for the doctor not wanting to write a letter. My first reaction is to be upset with him. I'm praying for those thoughts of mine to go away - and to pray for guidance for the doctor, that he will be kind and compassionate - and see the urgency of your request. My prayers continue for your two new littles you will be bringing home, and for your entire family.

Vicky said...

What do I think? I think you should make an appointment and have some face to face time with this man. Appeal to his heart, if he has one; most of the MD's in the speciality while excellent in their skill often have a "god like" mentality! I pray he's not one of those!

Regardless to what he does or says, we know the true and living GOD and nothing is impossible for him. I pray that if your cardiologist doesn't change his mine that GOD will intervene on behalf of these babies and they will travel quickly and together.

Blessings and Prayers for you and this situation.

Blogging Friend said...

Jean,

Part of me is mad at this Doctor and the other part of me understands his situation. First I do not think he understands adoption at all. I think he feels like if he writes something that somehow he could be held liable if something did not work out like he put on paper.

Now the part that worries me. Are you sure this Doctor or his group is the best around you. Are they from a Childrens Hospital that is a teaching facility?
I am sorry but I do not know what Children's Hospitals you have near you but I would think that Minneapolis has a teaching Childrens Hospital. I do not know how far you are from Minneapolis but trust me with your little darlings with health issues need to go to the best. Trust me second best is just not worth the HE*& it can cause.
Actually I think all 3 of your little one's with health issues deserve the best health care you can get to them.
Going to the major children's hospital they might be more familiar with adopting children with health issues.

I know I did not do much but I will be praying for you.

Sheila

Tesseraemum said...

I'm sad... He is covering his hiney! I don't know but maybe this is the Lord's way of giving you a heads up about him before you take Luke and are invested further in their office. It also may be that the actual Dr did not even see your note. I know our drs office is rather large and they have folks who handle mail and phone calls etc without even talking to the dr. They have set answers and you have to stir them up a bit or talk to the actual dr. Either way at least you know what your dealing with before you submit Luke to a stressful string of appts. We will be praying for you to be at the right place for him. Luke is such a miracle that God is taking care of all of the little details for him!! Sheri

Katie said...

Have you considered writing the letter for him and having him sign it? He may not have time to do this, and I agree with everyone else does he understand how time consuming adoptions are? I would make an appointment it would be worth the doctor's visit cost. I will be praying for you, but just remeber sometimes you have to do what is best for your child and a face to face with a doctor is what is needed. I am glad I did for my little boy.

Dawn said...

I agree with the posting about the Dr. covering his HINEY! I work with doctors a lot and he does not care "why" this is just what he does.As far as being "ugly" and visting the office again...I do not think you could be uglier then what He is being. You are your sons advocate that is ALL that matters.I would go with your instinct and visit to explain the reason you need your son home quickly. Lay on the guilt he needs it. And have the letter printed up before hand that he needs to sign and all you need is his signature and get it. Then before your son comes home get another doctor who is more concerned about his patients then his bottom line...

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, I think that he just has abolutely NO IDEA about adoption and how critical it is to get these kids home. Clueless.

Praying that his heart will be softened. Ugh.

So sorry, friend. I too would be annoyed.

Wendy said...

I am sorry you are going through this. Might sound like an obvious but have you asked the physician why he is uncomfortable to write this letter? So many times in the medical arena, EVERYTHING can be subject to a legal battle. He might be concerned about this which with education would put his mind at ease. He might be on a time limit and this would surpass his limit in which case if you composed the letter, he would just have to sign it. In my experience with physicians, most are willing to help their patients but many need to be educated when it is something they are unfamilar with. Try to proceed by setting up an appointment, composing a letter and bringing it to this appointment. Unfortunately, in this world of healthcare and reimbursement, you will get farther by making an appointment so the physician has the time blocked out to speak with you.
Good luck,
Wendy