Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Have A Friend...

I am feeling very blessed!
I have a friend that is truly a treasure!
We met about 2 years ago at our children's swimming lessons and a friendship formed instantly!
We were bonded by our deep faith and by adoption.

My dear friend had 2 sons from Guatemala. One of her precious treasures passed away on August 5th... Our hearts are still heavy BUT we both know he is with Jesus- and, as happy and free as can be.

My friend is an incredible cook! In fact sometimes she talks about cooking/ baking and I look at her as if she is speaking a different language because as you all know... I do not cook!

Before Michael passed she baked 2 loaves of bread and froze them.

Well friends, we were one of the recipients of one of those loaves!

Please check out the pics so you can all see what we thought of this kind gift!


We put butter and strawberry jam on it and thoroughly enjoyed every morsel!
Sam is lovin it!


Oh yea! Anna is extremely happy!


Sarah and her toothy grin asked for more!


Emma giggled while enjoying her slice!


Artistic Ava added an angle to her pic!


Ellie couldn't wait to smile- she dug right in!


And of course Anna had to lick off some of the jam!


Aha! This is why I have so much trouble combing out her hair!

When we are together we talk and talk. It is a highlight of my week! Our discussion are aways regarding faith and family.

Now we find ourselves with tears in our eyes 
but still seeing the joy and still laughing.

My friends are trying to get back into a routine... a new routine, a new normal...

I admire them so much.
We are blessed to have them as friends.

They are completely trusting the Father.
They are giving their heart to HIM... to heal.

It's hard... for everyone,
but especially for the son that is without his big brother.

Please continue to pray for them.
"Michaels Family"

My hope for you, 
is that you also, have a friend as dear as my friend.


They are such a treasure!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I will keep praying for them...what a blessing that you have one another.

Jennifer said...

Will be praying for them.

Nancy said...

Glad you gave us an update. I've been thinking of them and praying for them. Will continue to do so.

Jodi said...

My heart just breaks for them! Please send them our love and we will continue to keep them in our prayers! What a blessing that y'all have each other!

Sally-Girl! said...

I do have a friend as dear as your friend......it is YOU!!!

Love you lots! Thanks for text today. It made my heart smile while I was working!

Lynne said...

I am so thankful Michael's Mommy has you for a friend to talk with, and for love and support. Your post is so beautiful, Jean. Michael's family have been in my prayers every day...and they will continue to be. I cannot imagine the pain and anguish of losing a child. xoxoxo

living4him5 said...

Still praying for your friend.

~Amy

TanyaLea said...

Oh Jean ~ I am so happy for you that you have been blessed with such a deep friendship...and I am so happy for them, to have that same friend in you! ... as YOU are such a treasure, as well!!

Know that we will continue to lift of the Michaels family in our prayers. I can only imagine how painful it is for them still, and especially for their son. My heart still breaks every time I think of their sad story of loss.