Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Let The Truth Be Told- A Confession Session!

It's time to break my silence. I am mourning big time! Changes are coming and I can hardly cope... gulp!


For 41 years I have watched "ALL MY CHILDREN". Yes, I said "41 years"! I know, I know - you didn't think I was that old BUT I am! I'm 42! JK! I'm 43! okay JK again!


I heard last spring the show was cancelled. How can they do that to me... to us... to all of the ALL MY CHILDREN lovers!!


Erica, Kendall, Bianca, Brooke, Babe, Angie, Jesse, Tad, JR, Frankie, Ryan and Zach are household names around here! They are my friends- pretty sad... I know!


I would tivo the show and watch it at night- blissfully I would fall asleep while my soapy friend lives were often in utter turmoil! I knew somehow things would work out!


My Mom and I often watched it together. After she passed I would watch it and feel closer to her. So- I guess it gave me some comfort for awhile ;-)


They were supposed to keep it going until January but for some reason the moved the date up. Now there will be some stupid food show in that time slot. Don't they know I hate to cook!


Next were the rumors that the show was going online. I hope that happens but for now they are in salary negotiations... and it won't air until January! Come on guys do it for us! Everybody meet half way and let your viewers once again enjoy life in Pine Valley!


Things change and GULP, I guess it's time to say goodbye, for now. It makes me sad, as silly as it may be! I wish it weren't ending and I would have continued watching it and never have to fess up how much I love "ALL MY CHILDREN"!


AMC if you come back, I'll be back! Do we have a DEAL!


In the mean time, I think I'll name our next two children Babe and Tad! 


Is there anyone else out there that wants to join in my confession session!



13 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I haven't watched AMC in years, but my mom watched it when I was growing up and I've watched it off and on periodically just to see what Erika was up to. I'm sad that it's ending too....I remember watching my mom and grandma glued to the screen to see what Brooke would do or Adam or Palmer!

It's a sad time for AMC fans. :(

Lori said...

Bahahahaha...you totally crack me up.

I watched AMC faithfully for YEARS, starting way back in high school. But then I felt the Lord asking me to give it up, so I did (reluctantly!). That was about ten years ago and haven't watched it since then...but all those names you rattled off sure do bring back memories! I loved watching it so much at the time!

I hope they keep it going, just for YOU! :)

Anne said...

I know exactly how you feel!! For me it is One Life to Live, the other soap they are cancelling. I also tape or pvr(?) it and watch in the evening before bed. I will miss the characters so much.

Love your blog and love following along as your family grows. :)

Joy in the Journey! said...

While I do not have the same confession, I feel for a sista!
When we moved into this home, we knew God was calling us into adoption and we chose to not transfer cable to our new house...which meant... NO WHALE WARS! (gasp). It is sad but true but I LOVE THAT SHOW! Oh, how I would love to catch a glimpse on a Friday night!

Sophie said...

Aww, I'm sorry Jean, I liked it too back in the day. I've not been able to watch AMC for sometime now.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

The only thing I watch on a regular basis is food network, and The Duggars.... :)

TanyaLea said...

***giggling***

Oh Jean ~ you DO crack me up! LOL!! :) It's been years since I've watched soaps, but I recognized the names, so sadly, I still 'know' the characters of which you speak! So sorry they are taking this little 'escape' away from you. Trusting God will find a better way to fill that void though! ;)

You're so cute. I love the way you are 'keeping it real' on here!!

love ya!
~Tanya

Adeye said...

hahahahahaha....toooo funny! I totally laughed. I gave up the soapies over 20 years ago....they drove me nuts :)

I hope you find a suitable replacement. LOL

Janet and Kevin said...

You are too funny, you young thing!

I don't have a tv obsession in particular now, but years ago, when Kevin and I were first married (it will be 31 years this coming November), the highlight, AND I MEAN HIGHLIGHT, of our week was to settle down on Friday evenings and watch "Dallas" and "Falcon's Crest." Loved those shows and the villians that went along with them. So I can feel your pain! :)

Hugs,
janet and gang

Sally-Girl! said...

I had no idea they were still on television, soaps that is!!!

I think you need to get a Laura to go with Luke! Go ahead just changed Mia's name right now to Laura!!!

Jo's Corner said...

Oh Jean, I am SO with you on this one! AMC AND OLTL are over this week! I, too am grieving! And, personally, I don't care if folks think I'm crazy! I am 54 (JULY) and have watched it forEVER! I feel sad. Like I'm losing family, that I love...well, except for David! ;P

BUT, My Friend, last week on GMA, "Ryan", who is now a GMA regular, said that it IS going to be online. They are working on sorting out salaries, etc., but it sounds like it's a done deal.

Strangest thing for me, is that I haven't watched any of the shows this week! I've DVR'd it for later viewing, but I can't bring myself to watch it yet. By the way, I also cry at the end of DWTS and AI! Cry like a big ol' baby!

So, know that another MN. friend is mourning with you! Hugs ~ Jo

Suzette said...

Taking me back a few years and giving me a great laugh! I gave up the soaps long ago and am just not a tv person now. Don't even miss them. I'm thinking we should write our own soaps and they would surely be in the #1 slot!

Sammy said...

I gave up soaps quite awhile back. They were getting too trashy for me. If you have cable try Wind At My Back. I love it!!