Friday, November 18, 2011

Wow! What a Day!!


We are back in Cincy and up at 5:00 am MN time but 6:00 am Cincy time!
Pretty much felt like I didn't wake up until the afternoon!
Went to 4 Doctor appts- they all went very well!!

In the afternoon we were blessed by a bloggy friend!
Faye picked up Sam and I and took us to an adorable shopping area and coffee shop!


Sam said to me "Mom, I really like your friend!" he quickly followed up with "I like you, too"
Thanks honey!!


Sam was our photographer! 
So to eliminate the upward, uncomplimentary view we got down on our knees for the pic!

The afternoon was delightful! I loved meeting her and she loved Sam! It was so nice to talk to a friend!

She didn't even comment on the small pimple on the end of my nose!
I told Hubby- I can't believe I'm going to meet a bloggy friend when I have a pimple on the end of my nose! He said give it a week and it'll be gone... excuse me, we are meeting tomorrow! 
He quickly came back with "pimples are youthful"!
What a guy!!
 I believed it!

Now for some incredibly wonderful news!! Two more kids ARE coming home!
Yep! 
We got our TA today!!
WoooHooooo!!

We leave in 11 days!

YIKES!!

Yes, you read that right!

Holy Cow, I got a lot to do!!

Tomorrow we go home and then it is pack, pack, pack!

China, here we come!!

18 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

WOW!!!! That is AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

What a fun visit with a bloggy friend!

And that Sam, my gracious...he's a little cutie-stinker-bug!

WOOOO HOOO! I am so excited that you are finally leaving on a jet plane!

Praise God!

Now go pack your 157 suitcases, girl!

Matilda Joyce said...

Just as long as she understands it's not a permanent pimple... :)

Yay for TA! Pray for some packing wisdom!

laurajonesjournal said...

hugs to you jean,
praying for you all and thinking of you.

Sally-Girl! said...

Yeah for TA!! I can't believe you will be in China AGAIN in less than two weeks!! What a thankful Thanksgiving you will have!!!

Sue said...

What a fabe Friday for you...awesome, awesome. I am glad things went well with Sam and that you got your TA and will leave soon.

Jennifer said...

That little Sam, gosh he's a cutie! He's a little charmer! :) TA TODAY!!! YAHOOO!!! So excited for you!!! :)

Pam said...

Congratulations on your TA! Soon your babies will be in your arms!

Faye Verquer said...

WE HAD A GREAT TIME!!! I have not stopped talking to my family about you and Sam!! I am so excited I know I wont be able to go to sleep!!! I LOVE SAM AND JEAN!!! and NO I didn't notice the pimple...I just noticed how remarkable of a Mom you are and how patient you are and how AWESOME you are!! I cannot wait to meet the rest of your family.

Lori...I gotta meet you next!!!

I LOVE LOVE our pictures!!! THANK YOU !!!

WOW that was the most awesome experience I have had in a very long time. Totally made me fall in love with adoption and we even talked about it at dinner tonight...the kids would love for us to venture into that! Praying for that miracle to happen!

Love you Sam and Jean...travel safely!

TanyaLea said...

YIPEEE!!!! I can't believe after all this time, baby Luke is COMING HOME! ...and his adorable sister, too! SO excited for you! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm only a short drive away!! ;)

And Sam ~ he's too cute for words. And what a GREAT photographer he is, too! Looks like you both had a nice time with your friend. What a blessing to break away for some coffee and shopping amidst the hospital monotony!

Praying for safe travels back home (it's supposed to be snowing tomorrow!) and HAPPY PACKING once you get here!!

Hugs,
Tanya

P.S.>> your hubs must be right about the pimples being youthful ~ as you look pretty youthful to me!! :)

Sarah said...

Yahoo!!! 11 days! So happy for you!!!!!

The Heald Family said...

I am do excited y'all got the TA:) Sam looks so sweet!

kippi said...

Yay for TA! So excited for you. You are in my prayers.

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh my Hommy! (That's what we say around our home because Philip couldn't say Tommy (Thomas the Train) when he first came home, and whenever he was excited, instead of saying "Oh my goodness!", he would say "Oh my Tommy" pronounced "Oh my Hommy!"

SO - OH, MY HOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you all.

Praying for a good Cincy visit for your Sam, too!

And the pimple at the end of your nose, I am with your husband - it probably made you look like a teenager - so youthful!

Hugs,
janet and gsng

Karin said...

Oh my goodness...how exciting!!!! So excited for you to get your babies home!!!!

Sammie said...

Great to hear the good news. And remember you are packing light, very light, you can do this : )

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Laura L. said...

Congratulations!! Have a wonderful trip. I look forward to seeing your updates.