Wednesday, December 14, 2011


I am beginning to go completely batty! All I want is to hug my dear children at home, sleep in my own bed, sit on my own toilet and do laundry in my laundry room! 
Well... and eat honey bunches of oats cereal, homeschool my dear children, pet my dogs, drive vanna - 
in other words...
I just wanna be home!!

Hubby would love to go to work! 
I would love him to go to work! 

And we want to see these two new treasures in our home with all our other kiddos...

BUT, thinking of home and torturing ourselves is not a good idea...

Very few families are left now- most have gone.

It's killin me...

We had a great group!
 Everyone was so so nice!

This is Brent, Kris and their darling daughter Hope!
They went with the regular program NSN and waited 6 years! This is their first child! She is beautiful and they are overjoyed!

The only problem is- we all all from different parts of the USA.
Chances of us getting together again are not good unless we all attend a CCAI function in Colorado?
Who knows? Maybe it will happen?

In the picture above are Suzy and Joe! Their two newbies are on each side of Dad! Sasha is on the right and she is 12 yrs old. Daniel in on the left and he is 11 yrs old.

Doug and Elise are bringing home Jack(20 months)! 
Our Sarah(11) loved playing with Hannah(12) and Aaron(10)!

Here is Kendra and Kevin! 
Lauren and Beth came with them to get their Mei mei!
They have 3 other girls at home!

Mark and Rosie are bringing home Lexi(2.5 yrs old)! 
Big sis Mia(6) came with them and so did nephew Bobby (18)!

Maria and Tom adopted Maddy!! She is such a cute little peanut! 
I think she is around 18 months old?

Paul and Kelly adopted Chloe! She just turned 3! Big sister Charis came too!

Kim is bringing home Josie(3). 
Her hubby is at home with their other daughter- age 4!

Jody and Dani have Eli age 18 months. Lexi(9) and Emily(6) are the big sisters!

Lona and Bobby are bringing home the 2 boys- Levi and Luke! Both boys are 3 yrs old!
They also have a crew at home waiting for them!

And here we all are!-
 Except for 2 families!

 Nate and Jennifer with the new baby girl- Sarah Grace!
The three of them went to the Safari park with their other 2 children- Rose(10) and Wade(4).

If anyone is worried about me losing weight-  worry no more!
I'm doin more than okay...
In fact I have developed a new hobby-
 It's called eating to pass the time away or having one meal and then right away planning the next meal and well you get the picture!

Okay friends- I am faltering!

Please leave me a comment, email me, tell me something I didn't know?

What did you have for dinner last night, what are you having for breakfast, what are you doing today?
What do you want for Christmas?

Just don't leave me now!!!
Prayers are welcomed!


Lisa said...

Hang in there, Jean! You're in the home stretch! I wish I had some better words of advice but I just don't. Just know that there are many folks here in the states praying for you and your family.

And I'll go ahead and tell you what I want for Christmas: a gift certificate for a facial! Or maybe even an entire spa day... aaaahhhhh!! Although I can't stand massages -- I'm too ticklish! Isn't that silly? But it's true, a back massage is like torture for me!

Have you taken advantage of any spa-time in China? Maybe they'd even do a manicure for Abby!

Good luck and thanks for the wonderful blog! You'll be home soon!

Angie said...

You're on the homestretch, friend. Just remember the cold, freezing temps that are upon us. Enjoy those warmer temps for a few more days...get outside without having to bundle up all those kiddos!

Dr. D said...

Having eggs and tea for breakfast. :-D Hang in there, Jean. I was thinking, having this time in China with her mom and dad is probably sooooo precious to Sarah!

Sammy said...

Oh, so many beautiful kids!! If it makes you feel any better, I wish I was there doing what you're doing!!! It is hard when everyone else is leaving and you're the last ones to leave though--I know the feeling well.

Faye Verquer said...

Breakfast..isn't that what we have from whatever is left on the kids plates that we nibble on before we wash it?

Dinner, we had Chicken tortilla soup! YUMMMY!

Christmas....healthy kids, healthy parents, good family time! Thats all that I want!

I am loving all your pictures. My kids would LOVE that safari park.

SO how are the kiddies doing? Is Sarah enjoying the sights and sounds of her homeland? What is Sam up to? Im sure you talk with them daily!! I cannot wait to see you guys again soon!


kippi said...

Ah Jean, hang in there! Thinking of you and praying for you. It is hard - the everlasting waiting it seems to be. Soon you will be home to dear old MN and winter! No snow yet but plenty of cold. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Waiting is so very hard sometimes - hang in there! Loved seeing all of these new little and some not-so-little ones who just joined their families.

What do I want for Christmas? Hmm... we need some answers about and for Squirt. But other than that, I am just so darn content to have both my girls home for Christmas. We are blessed this year.

Deb said...

Thanks, Jean! You don't know it, but there are some of us in the states hanging on your every word!! We hope to travel in Feb for our 6 year old in Hengfeng. We are awaiting NVC. Thanks for all your posts!

Tesseraemum said...

Aww, Hang in there!! Praying for some sort of God surprise to brighten your day!
Oh, If it makes you feel better I had a strawberry pop tart and a rc cola for breakfast. Seriously feel the crash coming on already!!


Janet and Kevin said...

Just a few more days! Hang in there sweet friend. Kevin and I were the last ones to leave GZ this last time by a day, and it just about drove us nuts! There is something about being so close and yet so far that gets to you!

You will be home for Christmas though! And that is what counts!! So happy for you all and so excited to see pictures of your first Christmas together!

Hugs from Indiana,
janet and gang

Rebekah said...

Gonna have grits and bacon for BKFST, lol. And today is my due date! Gonna have 3 little boys having their first Christmas this year (newborn and 2 four yo).

I am so happy for your family. What a blessing to be able to bring home 4 sweeties in a year. God is using your family in a great way. I know you can't wait to get everyone together. Praying it goes by quickly for y'all and for your family back home.

alee said...

Praying for you:)- I have been following your blog & love the sneak peeks of your adoption journey!We traveled to Ch*na 2 weeks ago to visit this country w? our 2 littles & are headed back in Jan. to bring home our sweet 2.5 yr. old boy..I understand your homesickness :)!

Sarah said...

Oh Jean, how could we ever leave you?! You are such an amazing, loving, wonderful woman of God!

Praying for the rest of your journey...and then home!

Nancy said...

You are on the home stretch now. Such adorable children. I am sure the littles at home miss you as well. Soon. Very, very soon.

Nancy said...

Jean, it is so dark and dreary here. Snow all gone, and it's raining. If you have sunshine there, get some for me, ok?

I had a brownie, waffles, and then a midnight pizza snack. KInd of a backwards dinner. Haven't had breakfast - darn thyroid medication makes me wait an hour after taking it, and I'm hungry!

Hang in there, lot's of us are there with you in our hearts! Looking forward to seeing you and all the kids.

Nancy M

Megan said...

Dear Jean- Have been following your blog since Ava and Sam were baptized with my niece last June. Now I'm running to the computer each morning to follow your journey to bring home Luke and Abby! How exciting to finally see them in your arms! Thanks for sharing photos of the families you're traveling with- it's so inspiring to see ALL of the little ones who now have forever families! I'm sure you're SO ready to come home. You'll appreciate your own bed in a whole new way, I'm sure!! For those of us who aren't familiar with the process there, what is it you're waiting on now? Passports, medical info, other paperwork?? Just curious. In any case, I'm saying a prayer this morning that you'll be on an airplane headed home VERY SOON.....what an exciting Christmas it will be for you all. In the meantime, keep us posted. I love feeling like I'm traveling right along with you! You're in my thoughts and prayers. And thanks, again, for sharing your beautiful family with us!
Megan (Lucius) Wohlwend

Diane said...

You'll be home soon and surrounded by all your littles! Enjoy each day you are there. A reason must exist, so just trust Him. Keep up all the good work and enjoy the special bonding time you have with Abby and Luke.

Jerry and Christy said...

I know how you feel. Last month we were one of the last families of our group to go home. That last day seemed lonely and boy were we ready to go home!
Before you know it you will be home loving our all your children and this will be a faint memory.
Praying for the rest of your trip.

rarejule said...

I don't know how you feel, but I hope that the rest of your trip goes quickly and smoothly. God is good and you will all be home and gathered together soon!

Joy said...

Thank you so very much for living your journey out loud! I have been following your journey and find great encouragement as we have been waiting 40 days to hear if a birthmommy in another state has chosen our family to adopt her unborn twin boys!

I am so glad that God has put everything into place for you to get your beautiful new pumpkins. He will give you strength to persevere and grace for each moment to come!!

We are praying for you!!!

Matilda Joyce said...

Your blog always makes me smile! I am spending the day in the library, writing a paper for my final (M.Ed. in Rel. Ed.), so my food today involves study-appropriate food like Fresca, Lindt chocolate balls, apples & clementines, and a Dunkin' Donuts bagel with cream cheese.

Prayers are with you!

Jennifer O'Cain said...

I was there in that place just recently and you know you will be home before you know it!

Praying for the rest of your trip to fly by so you can be home doing everything you love surrounded by your huge, wonderful family!!

You hang in there!

ashley said...

I have so enjoyed following your trip! Hope you are packing for home soon! Love the huge travel group photo :)

kristin said...

I've been watching your trip and really enjoying your posts. After waiting 105 days I have received LOA for a boy who will be 3 in February. I have a question that maybe you have time to answer? If not that's ok. I understand. What I'm wondering is how big Luke is and what size clothes he is in. I have 2 girls 10 & 7 and I have no idea what size clothes I should bring.

Becky said...

My husband and his parents were SO ready to come home after two weeks, and this was their first time to China, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling, especially having been there multiple times before!!! I'm praying for the remaining time to FLY by for you all!

rachel said...

Thinking of you and your family. I am so happy that you have your Abby and Luke - and almost home! :)

Dinner? Roasted vegetables and goat cheese with parsnip soup.

The Heald Family said...

Praying you can be home soon:)
Today? We are in the middle of exams so I am going to bed late after helping them study! Ready fr a break from homework!
We are moving forward with home study but having the girls do their fingerprints just in case they ask for them later! Pray it goes through smoothly:)

Susan A said...

last night for dinner I had salad with tuna and corn, and garlic bread... this morning for breakfast, I had weetbix with bran and milk and raw sugar... for lunch I had tuna sushi rolls :)

you'll be home in no time, Jean :) hang in there!!! :D