Sunday, January 15, 2012

30 Years!

Monday, January 16th is our 30 yr anniversary!
I can't believe it has been 30 years!
It has gone by too fast!
(We celebrated on the 14th- that's when the sitter could come! When your parents of many - you do what ya gotta do!)

We never give each other gifts. We usually just enjoy the day together!

This year hubby surprised me!

I was so so excited!
Thank you, honey!

You are the best husband and father in the world!
(You're probably thinking, no he's not, mine is! Okay then, they're tied for the best!)

 After our second date, I knew he was the one! 
I had prayed about it and put it in God's hands.
HE knew my heart and the road that was ahead. 
I am so thankful that our dear Lord picked me to be his wife!

Lovin my hubby and feeling blessed!

Ava was quite concerned and said to me-
ahh, Mom? Do you have a gift for Dad?
No honey, I don't.
She looked at me like wow- huge mistake, social faux paux, how awkward and said-
Maybe next year, huh Mom?

Good idea honey- next year!


Sally-Girl! said...

Happy Anniversary to one of my most favorite couples!!

And I agree Robert and Jim tie for Best Hubby and Fathers EVER!

Shonni said...

Ohhh, happy anniversay!!!! LOVE the gift.

Jennifer said...

Happy, happy anniversary!!! How sweet of him to get you that beautiful necklace! :)

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That was so sweet of your hubby to surprise you with a beautiful necklace. I hope you have a nice day.

Sean and Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! 30 years in this day and age is something to CELEBRATE!!

You two are so precious together! And I think you are both blessed to have one another. You certainly make a great team!

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful necklace! If your hubby is like mine - he would rather I save the money then buy him a gift!

laurajonesjournal said...

happy anniversary jean! You are blessed with a great man. Have a good week! Prayers for you and yours, always

Cari said...

awe...happy anniversary, jean! it's so good to see marriages staying together in this day and age.

Our family: said...

Very sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Susan A said...

Happy anniversary! :)

Vicky said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary, sweet friends! You two are just the cutest couple ever!

Love your necklace!

Here's to 30+ more years!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Holly said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! You are a beautiful couple, blessed by God, and living to BE a blessing! I'm so happy I've had the privilege of finding your blog and following your amazing story. And I'm so glad you had a date and even a present!! And that last little part about Ava...tooooo cute. : )

Sue said...

Happy 30 and many more

Diane said...

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he he he.....gotta love children's honesty and innocence! he he he....

The Heald Family said...

AWWW Happy Anniversary to you both!!!
Glad you were able to celebrate:)

did you see the address I sent?

Janet and Kevin said...

Happy Anniversary - what a special couple you are!

janet and gang

living4him5 said...

Happy anniversary!!

May God bless you with many more!!!

Amy <><

Wright Family said... look really lovely in that color.....Catherine

Sammy said...


Jen said...

Congratulations! And I love Ava's concerned words! : )

TanyaLea said...

LOL Ava!!! ;)

Happy 30th to one AMAZING couple! I'm so glad God seen fit to bring you two together, as well. It is SO fun watching His plan unfold and you continue to seek Him in your lives. He is faithful!! <><

Karin said...

Congratulations...and happy anniversary! God is so good. :)

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Happy Anniversary!

We will celebrate our 30th in August. :)

We got engaged on our 3rd date. I was 19, he was 21. No one thought it would last. Guess they were wrong ...

:) :) :)