Thursday, February 23, 2012

It is Cancer and We Need Prayer...

This is not a post I want to post. In fact I'm not really sure where to begin...


If it is not written perfectly please overlook the imperfections...


First, I will say that I firmly believe the GOD is in control. And that he reveals information or urges us to seek information as we are ready to deal with it- HIS timing is perfect timing!


When Hubby and I saw Abby's picture and we prayed about it and both came to each other with the exact same words- it was all GOD! He impressed upon our hearts that "she needs to come home".


HE was right! More than I really knew or understood.


When we got Abby's referral I did my homework. The Dr's at the adoption clinic carefully reviewed the file and I researched on the internet. All of that didn't really matter because HE knew all along she was our daughter and before we even knew it, he had chosen us for this journey.


I have been a bit cocky lately- you see the chances of Abby actually having MDS are 4 in one million. Most Drs concluded that she was misdiagnosed and that we would figure it out once she got home. (including the Dr's at the medical clinic in GZ) Because of the specific nature of the diagnosis MDS-RAS I wondered of maybe there weren't right. China doesn't like to be wrong and they certainly must have done many tests to come up with this unusual diagnosis. There was no medical information to back up their diagnosis, no test results, nothing- so I held out hope that they were wrong.


I also did not fear the diagnosis because GOD can move mountains and surely he can heal a child if he chooses... PLUS from what I had read... it wasn't cancer and we could hopefully get it before it turns into cancer.


My thinking was off, my research was flawed and I am humbled... big time...


We came into the Hematologist/ Oncologist office to start the chelation process and to be admitted to the hospital for the next 3 days. My Mommy barometer started to pick up different vibes- people were saying "I'm sorry", have you "met with" and "you need to meet with" the bone marrow transplant team asap, you need to hear what they want to do and what they foresee as the possible outcome. 


WHAT?


First of all why the I'm sorry's? Why words like survival rate, isn't this going to cure her? I already knew the plan- we get the iron out of the blood, we have a transplant and she is cured and we all live happily ever after. She gets to grow up and we get to be her Mommy and Daddy- right? RIGHT!


When I googled MDS- it said it used to be considered a pre leukemia but it is no longer considered that...
Pause... think... okay, that sounds pretty good. It is no longer considered a pre leukemia. What they neglected to say... It is no longer considered a pre leukemia because it is now considered a form of leukemia.


So today I asked is MDS cancer?


Yes, it is cancer.


My stomach is in knots, the tears flow, my heart is so heavy, I am in shock for our little girl. Today, I can't really think straight...


I shouldn't be surprised but I am...


Hubby seems peaceful, it is what he expected, it's not what I expected, although I knew it was a possibility...


We are still waiting for chromosomal and genetics test results. They will not be back for a month or so. I am guessing this will lead us towards some answers- I am just praying they are the answers we want to hear. 


At this point I have heard that there is a 60% survival rate. I am going to be honest- I wanted much better than that...


I am hoping to talk to the Dr. and gain more knowledge on all of this...


I am no longer going to sit back and let things happen...


It's time to mobilize the troops!


It's time to spread the word to every prayer warrior out there, to your church, to your prayer groups, to your bible studies, to everyone that believes in the power of Prayer!


Please spread the word! We need the prayers of many! Feel free to blog about it, and share the prayer request on facebook (right now I don't really do facebook but who knows maybe someday).


When I know more I will share it.


The tentative plan is to do the chelation 2 times a month for 2.5 days in the hospital each time. Then hopefully we she will have a bone marrow transplant in 6-9 months.


Please pray that the they are successful getting the iron out of Abby's body.


Please pray that they find a bone marrow match for Abby.


Please pray that they are able to do the bone marrow transplant before this turns into AMLeukemia.


Please pray that the bone marrow transplant is successful and that Abby is cured of her cancer.


Heavenly Father you are the King of Kings. You hold our daughter in the palm of your hand. We pray that you will heal her and allow her to live a long and blessed life.


Is anything to hard for the Lord?
Genesis 18:14


But with God anything is possible.
Matthew 19:26


You may ask for anything in my name and I will do it.
John 14:14

58 comments:

Susan A said...

Oh, I am so sorry :( yes will pray for Abby and let the others know about her so they can pray for her too.

Our family: said...

We will be praying for healing for your beautiful Abby. Like the scriptures you posted, there isn't anything too hard for the Lord.

Jennifer said...

Dear, dear one. I will be praying for sweet Abby. I will be sharing Abby's story with everyone and will be asking for prayers! Sending you a great, big, HUGE hug. Love to you and your family!

Sarah said...

Oh Jean, I am praying. May our precious Father give you abundant strength and peace. May His healing hand come upon your little girl as you seek Him in faith. Pour out Your love, dear Father. Pour out your love.

Hannah said...

I'm so sorry. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I've been reading your blog for awhile now, but never commented. All of your kiddos are precious! ~Hannah

Sean and Lisa said...

PRAYING and mobilizing my prayer warriors!!!

Nancy said...

Jean and family, that is sure a tough and scary one. I'm just so glad she is with you and able to get the best care possible. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Nancy M

Debbie said...

Will do!

Sue said...

To everyone, I am so sorry with this diagnosis. As you said God is in control and I am so grateful that Abby is with you all, she is getting the love she needs during this difficult time in her life. Hugs.

Annie said...

Oh my dear sweet Jean!!!!!! You know I will be praying for your beautiful child!!!!! Praying for the iron to be removed from her blood, praying for a bone marrow match, praying for the bone marrow transplant to be done quickly and the cancer to be cured! ANYTHING is possible with God!!!!

Sally-Girl! said...

Praising God that she is with you and no longer in China where her survival rate would be 60% less than what it is now!

Praising God that you and Jim were obedient to His call to go get her!!

Praising God that I am always just a text away from your heart!

Praising God through this storm!

living4him5 said...

Dear Jean,

I am joining in the fight with PRAYER!!!

Our God is mighty to save!!!!!

I will be adding her to our prayer team at church.

Hugs,
Amy <><

Melanie said...

I will be praying for Abby and believing God for her complete and total healing. Malachi 4:2 Praying That Jesus the Son of Rightousness will arise with healing in His wings and beams over Abby and heal her from this disease in Jesus Name! Amen!

Hanna said...

Praying for healing for Abby. So glad she is with you all, not in China.

alee said...

praying right along with you for this sweet girl!

Jboo said...

Sending prayers your way.

janet

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Oh Jean....praying for you all.

Jodi said...

ohhhhh sweet Abby! Praying for y'all!!!

Machell said...

Jean,

I will be praying for Abby's healing. Also you and your family will be in my prayers also.

Machell

Jill said...

Prayers being sent from Arizona for sweet Abby!

Tara Anderson said...

Praying....

Pam said...

{{{HUGS}}} Jean. Praying for you and your precious Abby here in NC.

Shonni said...

I just posted this on my blog too.
I am so sorry!!!!!! (tears)
We will be prayer for ya’ll!
love you so!!!
Shonni

Life Unbound said...

I have been reading your blog since before Emma and Ellie came home. We will definitely be praying for you family. My heart breaks for her and for you, yet is so grateful that she is HERE, in a loving family who will be with her through this and with access to some of the best medical care available. God is still good. He is still in control and He still loves Abby very, very much. Know that you are surrounded in prayer.

Mom2Six said...

Lifting up your entire family as you walk this new road together.

Mom Of Many said...

OH my sweet friend. I can't imagine. What a nightmare. I know that God is faithful...I personally know Him as the Healer. We will pray! We will mobilize and we will not relent until God has healed Abby completely and fully! I love you guys so much and I am so sorry this painful ordeal is upon you. Tears, tears and more tears. Wish I was there right now. Much love from Phoenix {there is a wonderful Mayo here...would that help?}....you have a place to stay if so...we are not far from it....Going to my knees now...xo

Lisa said...

I will be praying for you and Abby.

Teri said...

Praying for you.

Sherrie said...

My heart hurts for you and I will be praying for Abby and your entire family.

RamblingMother said...

Praying. Our God is bigger and will never let her go but will bring all of you through for His glory. Praying His glory will be long healthy life here for her.

Jen said...

Tears shed! Lots and lots of prayers! I will spread the word so sweet Abby and your family will be covered in prayer by many, many prayer warriors. Blessings and peace for you today and always.

Holly said...

Oh Jean, as a mother I can only imagine your heart. Praying for God's glory to be revealed in mighty ways through this trial and for Abby's body to be completely healed. Praying for you and hubby, praying that God would orchestrate all the help you will need when in the hospital, praying for the other children, for them to feel secure and supportive and for a spirit of unity in your home. Praying also for a hedge of protection over your family, no sicknesses or injuries and no weapon formed against you to prosper.
Love,
Holly

Sophie said...

Oh Jean, I'm so sorry you have to through this. I will be standing alongside you in prayer. praising God for the blessing of this precious child.

Danae said...

Abby's name is going in my prayer journal along with every prayer requested you listed for her. Praying for strength for you and hubby. With love & blessings, Danae

Penny said...

Many prayers coming your way!

megadog said...

Sending prayers your way for this beautiful and sweet child of God. He can heal her! I know that to be true. So happy she is home and happy with such a wonderful family.

Sarah said...

Here from Connie's blog...

PRAYING FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Cari said...

Jean...i'm praying for Abby's complete healing and have posted your blog link on my blog so others will know to pray, too.

Every Tribe at Our Table said...

Our family will be praying. I am so glad that she has a family to love her and go through this with her.

Janet and Kevin said...

Praying here Jean and will add your sweet daughter to our church prayer list.

Hugs from Indiana,
janet and gang

Dawn said...

Jean,
We celebrated with you and your family in China when got the children ... and now we will storm the gates of heaven with you all for healing of precious Abby! You are right it is not an accident that she is here and with you all, it is God's plan. Im so thankful you brought her home. She needs her family so much now, just as God knew. Will let all my Christian family know about her and her need. You are held sister. And your family is so loved by many...

Dawn

mbcfree said...

Nothing to say except much love and prayers. You will be lifted up.

Rebecca said...

Jean,
I posted miss Abby's sweet face and your prayer request on my blog today. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Rebecca
www.loveisonthemove-hope.blogspot.com

connie said...

Jean, for some reason my comment didn't post this morning...so here goes again. I am praying for Abby and your entire family, and I'm asking others to do the same. Nothing takes our Almighty God by surprise, dear friend!

Tesseraemum said...

Oh Jean, We are praying!
As you said God has big plans for Abby! He orchastrated her arrival to continue the work He is doing in her! We are with you on this road to healing.
Let us know what we can do even if it seems silly or outrageous! REALLY!
I'm on the bone marrow registry!Wierder things have happened :)
Sheri

Trish said...

I just saw this on another blog and am so sorry. Our little girl was just diagnosed with leukemia 4 months ago. You will be in our prayers. Trish

Wendy said...

Oh Jean, I cannot express how sad I am right now. God will help and we will pray. I have never met you but am a faithful reader of your blog. I feel connected as I have a daughter from China. I am so glad Abby is with you and does not need to feel sick all alone in an orphanage. God is in control and will do what is right for Abby. Don't look at the percentages. My father had cancer and was given a 10% chance of survival...17 years ago. He is ok, it never came back and he is a fit as a 50 year old...God was in control. After this, I realized, the medical people (and I am a nurse) can predict and give percentages, but, does not mean anything. I always tell people, it is not in our hands but in His hands.
Now, what can be done about finding a match? I, personally, would be happy to be tested. I do live in New York so if it something I can do there, please let me know. I mean it, please let me know if they will be looking all over the country.
Blessings,
Wendy

Karen said...

I am so sorry for the bad news. So happy that you and your hubby obeyed God's will and brought your baby girl home. So happy she has you to care for and advocate for her. Praying for healing and divine intervention.

Chris said...

Yeah, what about matches...we better get started.

and of course we are praying

Cindy said...

HUGS and Prayers for Abby and your family, HE can perform miracles!

Donna said...

I will pray for Abby! I'm in the bone marrow registry, and would be thrilled if I could match...praying for healing.
Donna
www.handsful.com

Becky said...

Jean,
You will be at the top of our list of prayer requests! We will spread the word of needed prayers through our circles of friends and family as well. Our warmest thoughts and wishes are with you. Nothing's too hard for the Lord!
Becky

Kay Bratt said...

My heart breaks with your news. I'll be praying for your little girl and your family to have strength and peace.

Julie said...

I am praying we will have a chance to talk soon! Our son just had a bone marrow transplant for what was turning into MDS. We had our transplant at the University of Minnesota and have so much in common..
..and for now, I will be praying for all of you!
Julie
WWW.BLESSEDBY10.BLOGSPOT.COM

Christy said...

Praying!

Paula said...

I had CML...Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia...20 YEARS ago! I had a bone marrow transplant...20 YEARS ago! I have been CANCER FREE...for 20 YEARS! I'm praying.... I will be happy to share...anything.

Mommys_Miracle@msn.com.

Laine said...

PRAYING for your sweet girl and all of you...
May His peace and joy enfold you despite the storm....

Chris said...

Praying for your sweet Abby!