Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Falling short...

Yes...
It does bother me.

I have emails that I have not returned 
and questions from bloggy friends that I have not been able to answer
and phone calls I needed to return
and books that I said I would review 
and home project that I really want to accomplish
and photo albums that I plan to do
and rooms that need to be cleaned 
and voice mail that needs to be listened to
and, and, and

so,
no dear friends,
I cannot do it all...

I am falling short...

BUT
at the same time...


We have been blessed with 8 incredible children.
That now have a forever family!


Can you say BLESSED!
Because that's what we are!
Blessed with 5 wonderful older children and 8 wonderful younger children!
And two more on their way home!


This is his first time on the trampoline!
He loved it!

So...
I am falling short in the worlds eyes...
I just pray...
I am not falling short in God's eyes...

11 comments:

Lori said...

Don't worry about the rest of the world! Just enjoy your family and RELAX!!!

You NEED IT!!!

Love you, friend!

Cari said...

thankfully God knows our motives and see what's on the "inside" and not concern with the "outside" as others may be. you're doing a great job, Jean!!

Sarah said...

I think that I can answer that pretty confidently...you are definitely NOT falling short in God's eyes! You are a delight to Him!!!

Kelly Marriott said...

Please give yourself a break! You just hosted a wedding! It took me weeks to recover from my daughter's wedding. And you have all the adoption paperwork...and a houseful of treasures to love on. You are definitely not falling short in anyone's eyes - especially not HIS! Be kind to yourself - that's what HE wants!

Shonni said...

I feel the same way. Thank you so much for sharing this!

David and Janet Hurley said...

So much on my "what's important" list has changed over our adoption years! AND I no longer care what anyone thinks, or worry about those who wonder why I can't help with Bible school, etc.
You are awesome Jean, I wish I could do as much as you!!!, and I am younger (45)---where do you get the energy?!?!?

mary said...

Not falling short at all, Jean! Making a wonderful difference in the lives of all your sweet treasures.

Sammie said...

You amaze me that you have time and the sanity to blog at all. I love your blogs and feel like I know you and your kids so well. Thanks for being so willing to share so much about your life and kids. Take brakes as needed, you deserve them.

With blogs its so funny. Its this one sided relationship, I feel like your a good friend, then I realise you don't know me, but I certainly feel like you do.

Pam said...

You are not falling short in the eyes of whom it matters most.

And I LOVE that first photo you've posted. Beautiful!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Hey, if you children are loved, pointed to God, have food and shelter- you are doing AWESOME my friend!!!!

Janet and Kevin said...

You don't worry. Just do what you need to do! The pictures of your littles on the steps with your dog are so adorable!

Hugs,
janet and gang