Saturday, August 4, 2012

Havoc and Mayhem!


The boys have been home...
 a lot...
Which I love!
Usually!


I love seeing them and talking to them!
I love all the giggling from the little kids!


I love all the smiles, the happiness and the bonding that goes on between bigs and littles!


BUT often things can get a bit too loud and a bit too crazy and then I have to break it up...
That's not my favorite part...
I banish the big boys to the basement and the littles to the fresh air outside!


But somehow they find each other again!


Soon college will start- that works for me! 
He's not going far away! 
Grad school will start! Jobs will start!
Research projects will start and they will be BUSY ;-)
I know I should just enjoy this special time ;- /


We have had to set some guidelines in the house. 

cuz the bigs can be sillier than the littles!


I like routine, schedule, predictability, known expectations and feelings of success!

I know I may be asking for way too much...



That sounds like expectations for a much much smaller family!
Oops!


Above is chaos and mayhem...
Below is peace and joy...
Although I am not pickin favorites in this house IF I were to...
well, I'll just stop there!


Look very closely!


There is a stowaway in back of the seats!

Welcome to my life!

13 comments:

Jolene said...

Love it!

Susan A said...

ditto to what Jolene said :)

Rebekah said...

Fun, fun!!!

Angie said...

And you'll be adding 3 more sweeties to this mayhem. Hold on to your hat, girl!

Jodi said...

haha! glad someone else feels that same way I do! 2 of my 3 "bigs" are heading home this week - biggest has been gone all summer - though we're excited to have him home- it sure has been quiet around here. heee!hee!!!

Jennifer P said...

I get the crazy. So much fun.

Hey Jean, how about the car seats? I am having a dilemma. I know Joshua should be in a five point at 38 pounds but being 8 (9 in a few weeks) I didn't have the heart to buckle him into something he could unbuckle himself. I see that you have your front row in 5 point car seats. What is your thoughts on carseats for our older tiny Asian kids?

PS> I love Spidey in the doorway!

Sally-Girl! said...

Jennifer P,

My two Asian treasures that are 7 and 8 1/2 are still in the same car seats as Jeans. Bryson who is 8 1/2 is only 36 pounds and our 7 yr old is 44, but she fits in it and doesn't oppose so I say keep her as safe as possible as long as possible. The 7 yr old can do hers all alone but Bryson's hands make it hard for him to do his.

Your house is like our house when the bigs are all home! They really act much worse than the probably trained littles!! wink wink!

Sally-Girl! said...

Jennifer P,

My two Asian treasures that are 7 and 8 1/2 are still in the same car seats as Jeans. Bryson who is 8 1/2 is only 36 pounds and our 7 yr old is 44, but she fits in it and doesn't oppose so I say keep her as safe as possible as long as possible. The 7 yr old can do hers all alone but Bryson's hands make it hard for him to do his.

Your house is like our house when the bigs are all home! They really act much worse than the probably trained littles!! wink wink!

Sarah said...

hehehe! It's crazy around here sometimes, too, but it's usually dh who is winding everyone up! :)

Serving the King said...

Oh my goodness that's totally my life!! The wrestling!! OH. THE. WRESTLING. I too have to be the meeny who breaks it all up after awhile before someone breaks their neck. Sheesh. I just do not understand how getting thrown to the floor with a pillow squished on your head is fun?!

Sammy said...

It sounds like you've got it all under control! We're getting #11 and people seem to always want to hear how rough I have it. Maybe I'm just use to it, but I think I've got it made.

Annie said...

Oh that is so my life!!!! Jean, we sound very much alike! Why can't we live closer???? LOL!

Sophie said...

YOur big boy is too funny, he'd fit in just perfect in my chaotic house!