Saturday, August 25, 2012

STUCK in Amsterdam...

Much to my dismay I am stuck in Amsterdam...

Katie and Andrew sent me on my way once we got to security at the Stuttgart airport. 
It was sad to say goodbye again...
Tried not to cry but couldn't stop the tears...
I am so bad with goodbyes...

What a wonderful time we had!

The flight between Stuttgart and Amsterdam is an easy one hour.
I had a 1 1/2 hr layover and then I was on my way home...
I thought...

But our plane has been delayed and delayed and delayed.

Now we are schedule to leave at 2:00am- it' such a bummer. That's 10 hours later than expected.
I am hanging in the airport, not much to do but wish I were HOME.

TODAY is a SPECIAL day.
And it's hurting my heart that I am not home...

It's Sam's 6th birthday. 

I was supposed to arrive at 7:00pm- just in time for visiting and helping the kids get ready for bed.
 The next day (Sunday) was going to be birthday party day. 
I'm afraid I will be quite tired now for the celebration. I just don't function well on little to no sleep.

They are having a good day at home so I am very happy for that!
They went to their favorite BKF restaurant and then to Johnny's soccer game. After that is swimming and dinner at the pool.

I did get to wish him a Happy Birthday over the phone!

Please pray that the plane is fixed and that we can leave at our 2:00am scheduled time!
I miss everyone so much I just need to get HOME and hug my birthday boy!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!

Hanna said...

Oh dear! So sorry about your plane delaying! Praying that everything will go smooth when you leave Amsterdam for home.

Hanna said...

Forgot to add that thanks to God that the aircraft mechanics found out that your plane need to be fixed before flying and praying that it is fixed sooner.

laurajonesjournal said...

praying for you jean! so glad for your time with katie, thanks for posting the photos, wow.
God bless you as you wait.

pbfoster said...

Oh, praying you get home soon! But what a wonderful time you've had!!! And thanks for the beautiful trip down memory lane. I was in Germany quite a few summers ago with CEF teaching backyard Bible clubs to kids on military bases, Stuttgart being one of them. Had a blast that summer!

Jarka said...

I was stuck in amsterdam for 12 hours on my way to africa when I was flying back after two years to see my kids again - it were the longest 12 hours of my life...

praying for safe journey for you :)

take care

Holly said...

Major bummer. I SO understand. We had a 2 hour delay leaving Hong Kong last week, then 2 more hours on the tarmac waiting to leave INSIDE the plane, then a 15 hour and 10 minute flight to New Jersey and then an 8 hour layover and then that flight was delayed and delayed and delayed and finally cancelled! We spent an extra 24 hours in NJ sooooo so tired and just wanting to be home. The day we got home was Josiah's 5th adoption day anniversary and he expected us to be fresh and chipper. Jet lag has been tough! I think Germany is 7 hours earlier, maybe it's only 6. We live on the East Coast so our time zone is different than yours anyway. Either way, may the Lord give you the energy to hop back into your busy life. Thankful for the time you've had and enjoy these quiet hours listening to Him. It won't be quiet at home ;) blessings, Holly

Rebekah said...

Oh, Jean, I am do sorry. What a disappointment! Glad they had a good day and hope you were able to get some rest.