Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quiet Evenings!

Little House on the Prairie!
Thank you Michael Landon!
You created a wonderful show "way back when" 
and our children are really enjoying the series!


Each night the get there jammies on and ask to watch 
Little House on the Prairie!

Thank you!
It is such a wholesome show!
I love it!
They love it!

They have noticed how respectful the children are to the parents and have said they should be more respectful-
Although they are pretty respectful-
 I am always up for more respect!!

The children like to talk about life back then... 
and...
 they wondered if we were alive during that time...
Yep... they did  ;-)

Don't worry about my ego...
it's slighty hurt but I'll get over it!

I'm old... but not that old!

Anyways, the good news is that we are on season 2 out of 9!

I am envisioning many peaceful evenings in the future!

(YES, my blog is under construction!)

11 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

LOVE LHOTP!!!! We have done all 9 seasons- MORE than once through :)!!!!!!!!

AND- they talk about adoption all the time throughout the shows!!!

Sarah said...

Very fun! I'm glad that you've had peaceful evenings.

Angie said...

It is a great series! We also like the Andy Griffith show..."Barney" always makes the kids laugh.

Kristin said...

That's funny! We do the exact same thing, but we only have 2 seasons!

Lori said...

Oh, we LOVE Little House too! It's soooo good for kids these days to see how things used to be.

Love it!

Nikki said...

CUTE!!! I live about 5 miles from Walnut Grove and every summer there is a Laura Ingels Wilder program...you should check it out!

thesleepyknitter said...

Our kids watch it, too, but we only have four episodes, and our kids watch these four episodes over and over. My husband has just finished reading to the older girls the entire series of books (given to me by my Grandma 30-some years ago) from the Big Woods all the way through to Laura's marriage to Almanzo (These Happy Golden Years) and he was deeply impressed with Pa's ingenuity, insight, and tenacity. Our Chinese daughters say things like, "Do I look like Mary running through the grass in the sunshine?" (referring to the TV show's opening credits), and I say, "Mary's hair is beautiful and shiny in the sunshine, and so is yours!" :-)

Rebecca said...

I grew up on this show. It was my very favorite. I wish I could get my kids interested in it. They've tried... Just not a winner... YET:) my kids are loving the Brady Bunch and Full House these days, but our absolute family fave is 19 Kids & Counting! Gotta love those Duggars!
Blessings,
Rebecca

Liz said...

you should do a field trip to the Kelley farm in Ramsey! It's so awesome and the kids can participate in farming work from the late 1800s (?!?!). It's so fun there. check it out

Rebekah said...

Oh, me, we LOVE Little House. I have always loved it and received the book set when I was 10 or so. My 2 older girls have read all of them and my 11 yo is working on the books about the other women in the family. Everybody, even the 13 and 14 yo boys like to watch the series with us. We love the Ingalls and CRACK UP at some Olsens! ;)

Mama D’s Dozen said...

My kids love Little House, too. When my girls came home from Ghana, one of them asked if I lived when there were just horses & buggies. :)

My kids also love . . .

The Waltons
Gilligan's Island
Andy Griffith Show
Three Stooges
My Three Sons

It is so fun having so many of the old 1960s and 1970s shows out on dvd now.


:) :) :)