Sunday, November 25, 2012


I forgot to tell you we got our I800 approval over a week ago!!

Now we wait for our NVC notice and then...

it's the wait for article 5.

We are hoping and praying and praying and praying to get to China and back home before Chinese New Year.

This long weekend was a perfect time for us to get some nesting done!

Since winter has arrived we focused on getting the snowsuits, shoes and boots for ALL the children, even the three waiting in China!
In MN once the deep freeze hits the children wear ugg type boots, lined crocs and snow boots for playtime.

Luke needs special orthopedic heel/ankles braces for the next year because his heels are colapsing. He will have indoor tennis shoes and outdoor tennis shoes along with winter snow boots. And he will need to wear his "sure steps" (ankle supports) whenever he is awake.

For the life of me, I could not keep "who has what" straight so I had to put them in order/rows so I could visually see who has and who needs ... what!

At the same time we are planning what we need to bring to China for the girls.
I will be able to "shop at home" for many of their clothes!
Praise GOD!

It snowed at the end of the day on Thanksgiving!
The children were thrilled and were eager to play outside!
Emma was the only one who needed a new snowsuit this year!
She is very happy with her purple theme!

I think there was more grass than snow but they still had fun!

Hubby carved the last of the turkey.

And we all enjoyed left overs!

I de- accessed Abby's backpack(IV) this weekend for the first time!
It felt good to use some of the my nursing skills!
I do not plan on doing the accessing(starting her IV in the port in her chest) - it is challenging to bond with your child while sticking a needle into their chest... we/I already have to give her yucky medicine everyday.

We spent the weekend nesting- getting the house ready for the winter and for the new children!

Sam and Luke have moved into their new room.
The girls were a little sad to see them go...

Okay, I know this is not a professional job... but... hey, it works!
The boys were so excited!

We cleaned the mudroom closet, got the little boys room ready, started on the girls room and went through all our childrens' clothes.
Mia, Melissa and Madeline have clothes, jackets and boots!
We will continue to work on the finishing touches and I will post pics.
It is different planning a room for 1 child verses 4-5 children .
All the spaces have to be used wisely... it's not all about the decorations...

The boys were so excited to see their room coming together!

I had to have the rocker in there just in case one of my little guys needed some rocking!

And this is the one "boys only toys" place!

They were so excited to go to bed tonight!

Sweet dreams!


Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

You are amazing! I hope you know that! I admire you for all that you are doing to make one less orphan in this world. While I am sure their are many blessings, it can't always be easy.

Sue said...

The rooms look great. and I have only 3 little ones and have to lay out clothes and even ask them sometimes what belongs to who because they are starting to be in the same sizes on some things.
Hope to see you next week.

Vicky said...

The boys room is so cute. I bet they love having their own space! I don't know how you do it all, truly you are superwoman!

I'm so excited about your news. It won't be long now! I pray you travel before the Chinese New Year too!

To think Mia will be in a warm home for winter makes be happy yet sad for those left behind!

Thanks for opening your heart and home to so many!

Emily said...

Wow! That is impressive! And the boys' room looks GREAT!


Sarah said...

awwww...I LOVE the boy's new room! Poor Kaikai doesn't even have a room, because we figure he'll sleep in our room for awhile. The other two boy's room is really small, so we're thinking that he and Jadon will share that room and Adam will have his own room. But Jadon REALLY wants them all to share a room. It would be tight in there! So, I guess we'll see what happens after he comes home!

quilt'n-mama said...

The kids rooms are looking awesome. I love all the shoes:)
Praying everything moves quickly and you make it befor Chinese New year friend!

Jenny said...

Can we see the girl's room? I guess as a Mom of almost 12, I'm always interested in seeing how people share the rooms and make it work.

Rebekah said...

Looks great! I know your boys are going to enjoy their new room!

Congratulations on the 800 paperwork! We are still waiting to hear if we are DTC yet or not!
:( Ready to get into this second leg of the race! ;)

Sally-Girl! said...

Love the boys room and boy do they need it with all those sisters!!!! I agree let's see how you are doing the girls rooms now!

Sally-Girl! said...

Love the boys room and boy do they need it with all those sisters!!!! I agree let's see how you are doing the girls rooms now!

Janet said...

Well it may be all about function, but it still looks great! The shoes crack me up. I do that too....only 6 at home, but I have a shoe feddish for girls shoes.
Avery word special feet braces too...I forget what they were called. During that time, she wore Crocs-one size too big. I had to put them on for her, and stretch the back strap, but they were way cuter than the shoes made to go with the braces.