Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hefei and it's almost time!!!

We are in Hefei!
We arrived last night.
The hotel is really nice and comfortable!

Our guide shared with us that Mia is healthy and doing well. She has lots of energy, is happy, doesn't like school, loves to run (not away hopefully), has a lot of energy, speaks mandarin with a heavy local accent, and has a lot of energy!
She sounds like Sarah!

We will meet Mia this morning!
We were supposed to go to the civil affairs office... but the fog is so thick they are running late.

So the meeting time has changed from 9:30 to 11:00.
It has moved from the civil affairs office to our room in the hotel.
They will call us when she arrives! We will go down to the lobby and then all go back up to the rooms.

This will be the first time we have met our new child in our hotel. I have seen it happen for other families. I think it will be good. It is a nice environment and... there are is a nice bathroom... just in case! ;-) Like I said... Ima little nervous!

So here we wait... tick tock tick tock tick tock...

The internet is not that good- comes and goes...

Prayers appreciated!

Can't wait to post again with pictures!!!


14 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I am on the edge of my seat! Can't wait (and I'm praying!!).

The Heald Family said...

That sounds so much less stressful being in the hotel:)
praying for you all!
Cathy

julie said...

I've been thinking about you ALL evening!! I remember so well the feeling of knowing you are about to meet your new daughter....SO EXCITING!!! Mia and I can't wait to see the pics of your precious Mia!

likeschocolate said...

Sending prayers! My husband would love if our Gotcha day took place at our hotel. We have watched many you tube videos and they all seem so over whelming to him with the amount of noice, and for an extrovert that is not so good. Highly unlikely though, so I will have to pray that Heavenly Father wraps his arms around my husband. So excited for your family.

Erin Schmidt said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to follow along on your journey. Prayers sent your way!

Wendy said...

I keep checking in to see if you have her yet! Glad you don't have to travel and she can meet you in a quiet place. Prayers.

Kjbikakis said...

Only 10 more minutes till you meet your sweet girl!! Praying for you guys and that your 3 beautiful darlings have a smooth transition into your family. Can't wait to follow you through your time in China.
God Bless!! <33
-Kirstie

Terri said...

How exciting! Can't wait to for your next post!

Candy said...

Hoping the transition goes smoothly. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures, once you get a chance.

Karin said...

Eeek! I can't wait for pics!!! :) Have to go to bed now so I'm going to have to wait until morning (for me). Praying all goes well!!

crzy4myfam said...

Praying all goes well! So excited for you all! Thank you for allowing us to watch your journey. Blessings ~ Becca

Julie said...

So excited to check in again to see how it goes! Praying for you now!

Serving the King said...

Refresh, refresh, refresh......Can't wait!!!!!!

Sherri said...

Oh my here you go, I feel like i'm with you. We have only adopted once and met our 12 month old in the hotel. I really liked having it done that way.