Monday, January 7, 2013

We have our TA's and CA's!!

So happy they arrived on Friday!! All three!!
 And tonight(Sunday) we have our CA!!

We are packing, shopping and preparing in every way we can for things to run smoothly at home and in China.

I seem to put things in the suitcase then take some of it out and put more in and then put the other stuff back in and the process continues!
I am just NOT a good packer!

Hubby was on his way to work on Thursday and was hit from behind. He was driving 30 mph on a side road and a car going 65 mph rammed into the back of his car. I am guessing the 17 yr old driver of the other car was texting or using his cell phone. Hubby is okay- so thankful.
It was such an odd accident- to be hit from behind while driving the speed limit down the road.
The back of our car is damaged but the other car may have been totalled as the engine was smashed in and cruppled. 
The next day his car did not work at all...

The dishwasher that was supposed to be installed Friday, is back ordered and still in production...

We are all getting tired of playing Laur* Ing*lls W*lder...
and really want our dishwasher!!


BUT...
no matter how much we want it...
it will not come until the 18th...
if we are lucky!


Our poor sitter will be without it for a week...


plus, we are taking the number one dish washer to China!
Ellie is currently in training as the next official dishwasher!
Believe it or not she is excited ;-)

The other day I texted Johnny...
I was being firm and trying to set boundaries with our 19 yr old son.

I said
"Where are you? Next time you need to text or call us when you are not coming home at night..."

I felt that was decent parenting.
I was clear and concise with what the rules are in this home.

Couple minutes later I get a text back...

"I'm downstairs"

Okay, so much with setting the rules ;-)

Of course then hubby had to chime in and comment
AND furthermore if you are going to sleep at your own house... you need to tell us...

Thank you hubby...
That was so helpful...
NOT!





20 comments:

Joy said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

That is so funny about your son being home already. :-)

Nikki said...

That's hilarious!!!! So excited for you guys...thank you for letting us follow you on your journey!!! Glad everyone was okay in the accident! Best wishes as you prepare for traveling!!!!

Angie said...

That was a burst-out-loud-laughing story. I shared it with my son, and he was in hysterics. He won't think it's so funny when he's on the receiving end of those texts!! Oh, and just to make you feel good, my son couldn't tell who the parents were in your header photo! Yeah for TAs and CAs!

Shauna said...

Yippee for TA's and CA!!! Can't wait to follow along!

Megan said...

Yay!. I'll be following along as you travel to china and meet your beautiful daughters! What an exciting time for you all!
Megan (Lucius)

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

LOL! I so understand. I've trained my teens to text me when they get home, regardless of how late. Once, ds sent me a text at 1159 (midnight curfew) saying he was home. Only I was up and wanted to talk to him, so I went downstairs and discovered he wasn't there! I was furious, but he was out front talking to his friend. Parenting teens. Always an adventure.

Our Faith Walk said...

When my dishwasher went out on Saturday, I totally thought of you, but I don't have the same crew to help out. Can I borrow some? ;)

Happy your hubby is OK.

LOL at the texting comment.

Luana

Lori said...

This is CLEARLY the most HILARIOUS thing I've heard all day.

SO FUNNY!!

Oh, and congratulations!! You will be leaving sooooo soooon!

quilt'n-mama said...

I am so excited that you are soon on your way! Can't wait to follow your China travels!

I laughed so hard when I read your text with your son... I needed that today!
Thanks!

Rebekah said...

I am SOOO excited for you! I can't wait to follow along! What a blessing that your hubby was OK.

Now, have your Gotcha Days changed? I am so curious as how you are going to squeeze in 3 Gotcha Days in basically 2 weeks!

Vicky said...

Loved that Johnny was downstairs! Too funny! I am excited to follow your blog as you travel to get your girls! PTL you are going before the CNY! God is good!

likeschocolate said...

So excited for you ! Sorry about the accident. The last part made me laugh!

Hanna said...

So excited for you and have a wonderful and safe trip to China! So glad your husband is ok. So funny about text with Johnny that he Is downstairs :D :D

Vickie said...

Congrats, can't wait to "meet" you in China and I have totally done that- texted older son and he was downstairs. OIY.

Eileen said...

Can't wait to see those three precious girls at home with their family!!!

I love the text exchange! My favorite that I heard recently was a son who texted his mom: Can I have $50? His mom texted back: You don't call me on my birthday and now you want $50? He texted back: How about $25?

crzy4myfam said...

Congrats!!! Very excited for you all! We will continue to pray for your journey! Blessings ~ Becca

Sarah said...

SO excited for you! Where are you staying in GZ?

Tesseraemum said...

That is great! Johnny will have a story to tell his kids!! Your phone will be burning up in a few years when your dark-haired pack starts venturing out! Sheri

Jodi said...

Congratulations!!!! and I'm soooo with you about the 19 year old thing! I have told my kids - when they are old enough to go out - they need to wake me up and say goodnight to me -I don't even care if they are late - I just don't want to have to go searching for them at 4am in a panic because I don't know if they go home safely!!! :) Our poor 19 yr old boys who are trying to be adults! :)

Jodi said...

Also, glad hubby is okay! Your treasures in China must be something special - Satan is trying to distract you from doing God's will. Keep the faith! HE will carry you through!